Sign in to follow this  
TWEETY PIE

Best Foreign Player You've Seen At Carrow Road

While we wait for our 1st signing of the season just to past the time who is the best foreign player you''ve seen at Carrow Rd, he could have played for / against us.Mine would be Eric Cantona I can remember him beating player''s in the penalty area, dribbling the ball to within a foot of Gunny''s line and then he turned and passed it to someone on the 18 yard line i should mention it was Gunny''s testimonial.I am no United fan but hat''s off to Fergie has he played his 1st XI for 30mins.

Big Iwan.  Saw him dribble the ball from the half way line - all with his head.  Legend.

For me it''s a dead heat between Gudni Bergsson and Jan-Aage Fjortoft.

Actually, I might have to throw Glynn Hysen into contention. He could certainly teach Doherty a thing or two about how to rugby tackle properly.

Javier Zanetti, in the friendly against Inter in 2005. I offered my mate a £10 bet before the match that Zanetti wouldn''t get caught in possession one single time. He wouldn''t take the bet, and wisely so!Also on the Inter front, Ruben Sosa and Dennis Bergkamp back in 1993 - both class acts, even though we largely stifled them for 90 minutes!

I thought Robbie Keane oozed quality when we played Spurs in pre-season a couple of years ago but I''m sure Berbatov will be impressive this pre-season too.

Henry was simply majestic here during the prem season and his performance out did those already mentioned of Bergkamp and Sosa,  who was awe inspiring in that game at carrow road.   Notable mentions go to makalele and kanchelskis.