Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Future signings

So Clingan signs, and there will be a further 3 or 4 permanent signings and then several loans.I hope that GR is not expecting to cover striking or CD with loanees, so I would guess that two permanent signings will be strikers and two will be  CDs - assuming that Doherty is not coming back. Surely, apart from Hoolahan, if he comes as a replacement for Hux, we do not need any more midfielders - we shall struggle to give regular games to Fozzy, Rusty, Pattison,  Chadwick and Croft and Hoolahan. Bell and the others were smokescreen? Where do Eagles and Lathrope fit in?So the loanees logically ought to understudy Otse and Drury, where we have no cover at the moment, and CD. Even with the new faces, signed and on loan, we shall still have a very slim squad, and two injuries to one position will mean playing others out of position.Only speculation, but I look forward to the announcement of the one signing who will please us - Paterson, Ched, or whom?

[quote user="Salopian"]So Clingan signs, and there will be a further 3 or 4 permanent signings and then several loans.I hope that GR is not expecting to cover striking or CD with loanees, so I would guess that two permanent signings will be strikers and two will be  CDs - assuming that Doherty is not coming back. Surely, apart from Hoolahan, if he comes as a replacement for Hux, we do not need any more midfielders - we shall struggle to give regular games to Fozzy, Rusty, Pattison,  Chadwick and Croft and Hoolahan. Bell and the others were smokescreen? Where do Eagles and Lathrope fit in?So the loanees logically ought to understudy Otse and Drury, where we have no cover at the moment, and CD. Even with the new faces, signed and on loan, we shall still have a very slim squad, and two injuries to one position will mean playing others out of position.Only speculation, but I look forward to the announcement of the one signing who will please us - Paterson, Ched, or whom?

[/quote]My money''s on Maceo Rigters. Looked quality alongside Babel and Drenthe in the Euro U21 championship last summer, and would score goals for fun in the Championship. Wouldn''t cost as much as Paterson or Ched either. Although if we could sign Ched, he would be the number one choice - fantastic prospect.

You forgot Lappin as well - although to be fair he is gone!If we get We on the left, I would be happy with that as a midfield 9, the expenditure is now need, if we get Wes on defenders and forwards badly!!!

Interesting view, but can''t agree completely.  Yes we have 4 central midfielders, but only rusty carries a goal threat, so I would be pretty sure Roeder will bring in another one such as thomas buffel.  I would agree though much of the money must be spent on strikers and defenders.  As you have said loan players will cover us at full back, So Bertrand looks likely as well as Cork.  We will sign at least two new centre backs with another coming on loan.  Up front we need 2 or 3 so a loan striker and one or two perms.

Probable:

4 loans(left back, right back, striker, defender)

1 central mid

2 strikers 

1 left winger(hoolahan?)

2 defenders

Therefore we are looking at 4 or 5 perms and 4 or 5 loans and then fill the squad up with youth.

I agree with getting Rigters if possible - looks to be worth a punt at around £3-400,000.

The key purchase to me will be a central defender with leadership qualities, this is the one we cannot afford to skimp on. Don''t know whether it will be Taylor or not but he does "tick the boxes" - big, strong and a goal threat from set pieces. We simply must find this kind of player and pay whatever the going rate is for him.

Mark .Y.

Well I don''t think it is going to be Tiny as our CB as birmingham have already stated that he is in their plans for next season.  He got player of month when he was with us, and now with them being in the championship I think he may have a great chance of breaking into the 1st team...as well as Birmingham may loose a few of their "better" players.  For me I think Moore from derby could be a potentially good signing.  Yes he''s not quick and Yes he''s quite old, but for me he''s got the experience to read the game well, and its strong and powerful in the air.  Plus he''s not wanted by Derby so could be on a free.