Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Clingan agrees to join Canaries

Welcome Sammy.I won#t pretend to know anything about him but the Forest fan in our office reckons he''s fairly handy.Let''s hope that this is the start of many [Y]

A mate of mine who i work with at The Waterfront is a Forest fan. He said he''s a decent player, and a very hard worker. He also said he''s not exactly prolific in front of goal, but he has a decent free kick in his locker. Cheeky git also added that he hopes we dont ruin him like we did Brennan and Louis-Jean!

We seem to have a lot of Forest friends. I had another one on the phone, he states that he has a great engine, reasonble tackler but not the best of passers. Different to what others have said, but thats football for you, everyone has different opinions on players.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]We seem to have a lot of Forest friends. I had another one on the phone, he states that he has a great engine, reasonble tackler but not the best of passers. Different to what others have said, but thats football for you, everyone has different opinions on players.[/quote]

That depends solely because some Forest fans think short passes are the sign of a weak player, others disagree. He never goes for an audacious pass, doesn''t really bring the play forward, but will at least keep it ticking over. He''s not one to misplace a pass...simply because he never passes it anywhere difficult!

[quote user="RedForest"]

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]We seem to have a lot of Forest friends. I had another one on the phone, he states that he has a great engine, reasonble tackler but not the best of passers. Different to what others have said, but thats football for you, everyone has different opinions on players.[/quote]

That depends solely because some Forest fans think short passes are the sign of a weak player, others disagree. He never goes for an audacious pass, doesn''t really bring the play forward, but will at least keep it ticking over. He''s not one to misplace a pass...simply because he never passes it anywhere difficult!

[/quote]

maybe with someone like him in the squad we will start to play the ball along the ground instead of tring to hoof the ball over the opisitions midfield.

To echo the sentiments, a forest mate of mine says he is their holding midfielder. Useful, and the unsung player in their team. Significantly better than Gary Holt (Although Holt was getting on a bit when he joined them).

Sounds like a good signing.

Backing up what others have said, a Forest supporting mate said this about him leaving.

"He''s quality, you''ve got yourself a fantastic midfielder there. In my opinion a bigger loss to us than Commons ever was, we''ll miss him terribly.

The only thing I will say negatively is that he''s unproven at Championship level, but I''ve seen worse players than Clingan hold their own in that league.

We seem to be giving our midfield away to our new Championship rivals. Why Forest seem to let so many contracts expire annoys me!"

A good player who can pass and shoot,....but he left forest as i don''t think he likes playing def mid, so i doubt he''ll be in that position for City. For a freebie....its a great signing.

Sounds good. So did Brellier too dare I say.

I know we are short on bodies, but does this mean that someone like Rusty will go? I hope not, I feel if he had a midfield partner who could defend well and lay of the short passes, then someone like Rusty could bomb forward and get the goals, we have missed a player of Franscis''s quality since he has left.

No-one else (in this thread at least) has commented on the fact that he''s chosen us over Forest. I know Forest have been in League One for a few years, but they have a reasonable ground and decent support AND given what they''ve paid for Earnie, they appear to have money to put towards a push for promotion. Looks to me like Roeder did a good job of selling the club and his vision of the future. If we get Hoolahan as well - and he must have had several suitors - I think we owe Glen (another) vote of thanks.

I have thought that, not wrote it. Forest have some money now, if they did not want him to stay they would not offered him a new contract. Any player that signs, I''m like an excited child at Christmas and I look forward to seeing him play.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Let''s see what he can do in the pre-season friendly fixtures.......I think he may be a good freebie.[/quote]

Ah yes Mello !

You obviously appreciate how demanding and unfriendly the  salty seaside Gorleston air can be on a player !

It will surely find out any weaknesses he may have. Bring him down here, and we will see.

[quote user="RedForest"]

[/quote]Sounds good to me! Keep it simple, posession is 9/10ths of the law, blah blah blah... I like it! [:D]

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Let''s see what he can do in the pre-season friendly fixtures.......I think he may be a good freebie.[/quote]

Ah yes Mello !

You obviously appreciate how demanding and unfriendly the  salty seaside Gorleston air can be on a player !

It will surely find out any weaknesses he may have. Bring him down here, and we will see.

[/quote]

He''ll be overawed, by the immense size of Gorleston.......Jim.

Yea but just be prepared to give him time to find his feet....remember he is coming up to this division and will take time to upgrade to this level so be patient and don''t go knocking him if he has a bad game or 2 when he starts....