Sign in to follow this  
TWEETY PIE

Just a Point

Great new''s yesterday and let''s hope for more soon,however i''m a little concerned about GR''s comment " We may have to wait until the end of the summer transfer window for the 5/6 loan player''s" That is far as i am aware is 31st August - almost a month into the season , I realise that''s where we are as a club, but i believe a good start is pivotal to a good season and we might effectively be going into it 5 players short.

That''s three or four league games at most - 20 days less than three weeks.Not what we want but what we have to live with. A larger squad is always merely a means of covering injuries, loss of form, useful to develop tactics etc. I think the team will be able to cope early on. Massive incentive to the players - "we are bringing in new blood, make sure it''s not your place we are looking at"I shouldn''t panic too much if I were you.

Loans will always be made later on as the teams will want to see what youngsters are surplus. They may need to bring in a new right back for example, if they fail to do this and have loaned out their best young right back they are short. This is why loans won''t happen until later in the transfer window.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]Loans will always be made later on as the teams will want to see what youngsters are surplus. They may need to bring in a new right back for example, if they fail to do this and have loaned out their best young right back they are short. This is why loans won''t happen until later in the transfer window.[/quote]Although GNG did say that we were chasing Godwin Antwi from Liverpool and Federico Macheda from Man Utd – surely players that far down the pecking order would be able to be released on a season-long loan a little earlier? Antwi is 20 and unlikely to break into Liverpool''s first-team squad if he hasn''t done already, and Macheda isn''t even 17 until August. You''d hope that they might release these players on loan before the start of the season, Macheda in particular.