Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Roeder doesn't carry that much clout............

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Wiz, might be a nice gesture if you retract the bit in your post saying it was GR who chastised JC for scoring in a hat trick when in fact it was Granty.  If you intend making GR out as the villain at least make sure your facts are 100% correct. [:)][/quote]The guy is deluded, he''ll say anything as long as it fits to his argument..........even if its a lie.    Thats just how some people work, they need these lies to back up there points.

didn''t roeder say something about jc''s golden boot being a nice trinket for his missus to clean after he bagged a brace or a hatrick? The wiz has got a point, if we had a few more players on board, i''d say meh but alot of talk about roeders connections, we''ve heard before, Granty,Gunn,Hammilton.

Roeder raised the bar with his talk of new hereos,its time for him to deliver.

I remember him talking about JC and his golden boot. He does seem harsh sometimes. But I''m sure that players are manly enough to take it.

people took the golden boot comment out of contexthe said he wants cureton to play the way he had played more often - scoring hattrickshe said that a golden boot doesnt mean cureton gets the first team spot on merit because he isn''t bothered about the past - in other words, he has to fight for his place.based on some logic here, Robbie Fowler and Teddy Sheringham should be signed because they use to be quite good.Words to that effect anyway

Has wiz been very stupid or very clever? He has stimulated debate.

Its all speculation but i think he has a point, if he is right or not will never be known. Football is getting more like business every day and that means that the openness, family club, local team, local lads thing has gone.

And that means anyone in the know about roeder will never speak up and that could be where roeder himself is being very very clever. He could know this, he comes across as a bit bright, he plays the clubs, players and directors takes what he can and does one.

Good luck to him, by the time the directors of the clubs in every town (who by the way pay him) work it out he will be on his ocean cruser sippin champaign of the torso of a playboy bunny

Go on Glen. ;-)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Wiz, might be a nice gesture if you retract the bit in your post saying it was GR who chastised JC for scoring in a hat trick when in fact it was Granty.  If you intend making GR out as the villain at least make sure your facts are 100% correct. [:)][/quote]

Wrong wrong wrong 49''

After JC scored 3 against Colchester last season at home (Grunt wasn''t even here then!) and was awarded man of the match, Roeder''s only comment was it was just another award for Jamies wife to polish next to his golden boot award he won at Col Who........no praise like Donkerty gets......just a throw away snidey comment............and after getting a hat trick for Christ''s sake!.

I retract nothing.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"] Have you woked out that it was Grant not GR yet?

Numpty.[:S]

[/quote]

Have you worked out yet that the Colchester game I refer to took place on Saturday March 22nd 2008..........................and Grant wasn''t even here then!..................who''s the numpty........Numpty![:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="canaries in Bed"] Have you woked out that it was Grant not GR yet?

[/quote]

Have you worked out yet that the Colchester game I refer to took place on Saturday March 22nd 2008..........................and Grant wasn''t even here then!..................who''s the numpty........Numpty![:D]

[/quote]

No I didn''t reply because I know for a fact that I am talking of when Granty publicly let rip at JC for taking the third goal and not passing to Dave the Striker, and why resort to childish name calling, you have really dropped to the school boy tactics just lately, but why am I not suprised, I have had several PM''s to warn me of what you are all about.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]...but more than you do ![/quote]

Beg ya pudding?

[/quote]

What Glenn says goes.

What Wiz says goes...in one ear...

Now that the idiot aka Smudger has crawled back into his hole, the bitter and twisted old Wizard feels the need to take his place with boring, repetitive and completely negative post after post.  Yawn.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="canaries in Bed"] Have you woked out that it was Grant not GR yet?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough. But you would still take any opportunity to snipe at GR, just as you reckon GR does to JC. Its a shame that JC did not manage to more over the season.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]...but more than you do ![/quote]

Beg ya pudding?

[/quote]

What Glenn says goes.

What Wiz says goes...in one ear...

[/quote]

lol I am fast learning all about young Wiz, I really liked him and he always made me giggle

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Wiz, might be a nice gesture if you retract the bit in your post saying it was GR who chastised JC for scoring in a hat trick when in fact it was Granty.  If you intend making GR out as the villain at least make sure your facts are 100% correct. [:)][/quote]

Wrong wrong wrong 49''

After JC scored 3 against Colchester last season at home (Grunt wasn''t even here then!) and was awarded man of the match, Roeder''s only comment was it was just another award for Jamies wife to polish next to his golden boot award he won at Col Who........no praise like Donkerty gets......just a throw away snidey comment............and after getting a hat trick for Christ''s sake!.

I retract nothing.

[/quote]

If he hates Jamie Lad that much why did he make him captain for a couple of games?

And besides, he is the only player I''ve ever seen who can score a hat-trick and still look rubbish.

That last bit was actually just to wind up Wiz [;)]

Although it must be said he still didn''t look especially convincing but that''s another discussion...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

That last bit was actually just to wind up Wiz [;)]

Although it must be said he still didn''t look especially convincing but that''s another discussion...

[/quote]

lol Graham, I am one of JC''s biggest fans, always have liked the lad, but have to say even I have to admit that JC made some stupid mistakes last season, thing is and it''s what I have always liked about him, he holds his hands up and says basically ''''I messed up'''' and will try to make things right.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="canaries in Bed"] Have you woked out that it was Grant not GR yet?

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I didn''t reply because I know for a fact that I am talking of when Granty publicly let rip at JC for taking the third goal and not passing to Dave the Striker, and why resort to childish name calling, you have really dropped to the school boy tactics just lately, but why am I not suprised, I have had several PM''s to warn me of what you are all about.

[/quote]

The reference words and clue I clearly used was Jamies hatrick...............how many hat tricks did Jamie score last season and against whom and when?...........

Now, if you and others can''t read properly its hardly my fault is it?.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="canaries in Bed"] Have you woked out that it was Grant not GR yet?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The reference words and clue I clearly used was Jamies hatrick...............how many hat tricks did Jamie score last season and against whom and when?...........

Now, if you and others can''t read properly its hardly my fault is it?.[:|]

[/quote]

No point trying to debate with you, so I will now take heed of the advice I was given.  Have a nice day [:D]

So GR does not carry much clout hey?

Read this.

"I knew of Glenn''s managerial reputation - working with big name players in the Premier League - and hopefully he will help me become a better player too," Clingan told the club''s official website this afternoon.

"I was very impressed with what he said and his plans for the future - it really caught me and now I can''t wait for the first game

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

Read this.

"I knew of Glenn''s managerial reputation - working with big name players in the Premier League - and hopefully he will help me become a better player too," Clingan told the club''s official website this afternoon.

"I was very impressed with what he said and his plans for the future - it really caught me and now I can''t wait for the first game

[/quote]

Now of course "Beds" you are so correct you lovely old boy and knowing Wiz he will be changing his mind pretty soon , in fact at this very minute , he will be posting that he made a mistake and how sorry he is . You just wait and see .I am right aren''t I ? [;)]  arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

Read this.

[/quote]

Now of course "Beds" you are so correct you lovely old boy and knowing Wiz he will be changing his mind pretty soon , in fact at this very minute , he will be posting that he made a mistake and how sorry he is . You just wait and see .I am right aren''t I ? [;)]  arrdee.

[/quote]

lol as night follows day, but I won''t hold my breath on him accepting he may have been a tad hasty with the anti-Roeder comments.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

Read this.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apart from commenting that I''d put £100 quid at Dixmar that Clingan''s statement was written by the Agent - no make that £500 - I do think he is respected in the game (as he was as a 100 per cent gutsy player) but I''m afraid he is never going to be a fans favourite (my opinion, obviously).  He''s no Holloway, he''s no Fry or Keegan which some may regret and some may be thankful for.  It is just not his style.

I''ve only met him twice, both at charity events and not in a heat-related football situation but I rather liked him as a person and thought he was very straight talking but my assessment was that he is not a person to suffer fools gladly, or at all perhaps.  I would describe him as focussed and I suspect he will make enemies along the way.   But some of his former players are on record as saying that they respect him but the most telling thing (for me) is that Wenger wanted him as Director of Football at Arsenal - I honestly don''t think you get that sort of offer unless people believe you know what you are doing!  And that would have been big money, far bigger than Norwich in my view.

Whether he can do it with Norwich with whatever resources are available is entirely another matter, of course, but personally I think he took it on because it was, at the time, a very tough challenge and he believed he could.  I realise there are two camps here: the 13-game run camp and the "just escaped relegation" camp but if the 13-game run had not happened the game v QPR wouldn''t have mattered - you''d have been down already.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

Read this.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apart from commenting that I''d put £100 quid at Dixmar that Clingan''s statement was written by the Agent - no make that £500 - I do think he is respected in the game (as he was as a 100 per cent gutsy player) but I''m afraid he is never going to be a fans favourite (my opinion, obviously).  He''s no Holloway, he''s no Fry or Keegan which some may regret and some may be thankful for.  It is just not his style.

I''ve only met him twice, both at charity events and not in a heat-related football situation but I rather liked him as a person and thought he was very straight talking but my assessment was that he is not a person to suffer fools gladly, or at all perhaps.  I would describe him as focussed and I suspect he will make enemies along the way.   But some of his former players are on record as saying that they respect him but the most telling thing (for me) is that Wenger wanted him as Director of Football at Arsenal - I honestly don''t think you get that sort of offer unless people believe you know what you are doing!  And that would have been big money, far bigger than Norwich in my view.

Whether he can do it with Norwich with whatever resources are available is entirely another matter, of course, but personally I think he took it on because it was, at the time, a very tough challenge and he believed he could.  I realise there are two camps here: the 13-game run camp and the "just escaped relegation" camp but if the 13-game run had not happened the game v QPR wouldn''t have mattered - you''d have been down already.

[/quote]

I suspected that but it was more tounge in cheek.

I think he is the right sort of manager to take us forward. I don''t care if he is not liked by others or even me. As long as he does the job and shakes up this club, which it has needed for a while.

I couldn''t agree more Camuldonum. The impression you have of Roeder is precisely as mine. I''m not particularly bothered how ''nice'' he is (although he is very personable socially), I''d just like to see him have some time with his team to get us the results.

[quote user="LQ"]I couldn''t agree more Camuldonum. The impression you have of Roeder is precisely as mine. I''m not particularly bothered how ''nice'' he is (although he is very personable socially), I''d just like to see him have some time with his team to get us the results.
[/quote]

I''ve posted it before but I was once  privy to a conversation between Mrs Roeder and Mrs Graham Gooch at one of the aforementioned charity events when they "discussed" their respective spouses response to a "loss".  They sought to outdo each other in what terrible repercussions the "loss" had on the resultant domestic atmosphere!

It was actually quite funny.  I think Mrs Gooch won with something like: "Mind you, if he thinks they have won badly it can be bad as well........."

It''s guesswork, of course, but I think being trapped in the Away Dressing Room after Sheffield Wednesday 4 Norwich 1  was probably not a lot of fun.............

A reasonably sound ''guess'' I''d say...(Good story btw!)

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

Read this.

"I knew of Glenn''s managerial reputation - working with big name players in the Premier League - and hopefully he will help me become a better player too," Clingan told the club''s official website this afternoon."I was very impressed with what he said and his plans for the future - it really caught me and now I can''t wait for the first game

[/quote]To be fair I think all players say something similar when they first join a new club, it''s a bit like paying a compliment to your new girlfriends mother  when you first meet, you sure as hell don''t mean it but you say it all the same!

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

Read this.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now of course "Cam" I bow to your superior knowledge on this as I am sure you are right . Thanks for that link on O''hagans sausages which I found fascinating , they sound so much like ours apart from the fact that we do use a pinch or two of pin head rusk with every 20lb mix but what I would suggest that our pork is far superior to Mr O''hagans because he would have almost certainly been using sow meat in the production of his sausages . If I could explain , the last thing I want to do is make sausages from our pigs which are lean cutters , what I want to do is sell all the cuts from these at the top penny but I know I never will because no one asks for crop of pork , hand , or spring , so we put that into our sausages , so we are glad to recover from the cost that they have been but if I took Ruth''s time into account I know we would be out of pocket , Its almost sacrilege to use best cutters for the production of sausages , its akin to using fillet for beef mince. The sow meat that the O''hagans used for his production of sausages would only have cost a few pence per lb .arrdee.