Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

He's Holt, Glenn, but not as you know him

I do have concerns when Worthy talks up a player

Worthy was delighted to be able to welcome a second player to Colney in the space of a few hours.

"Andy is a player that myself and the coaching staff have admired for a long while," he told First News.

"We''ve had to be patient to get him, but that patience has paid off.

"Andy will add experience to the squad, is a very, very good player and will be a valuable asset. I am delighted to get him."

This is when Andy Hughes signed.

I''ll ignore what Worthy has to say and make my own mind up.

[quote user="Duffman"]I do have concerns when Worthy talks up a player

Worthy was delighted to be able to welcome a second player to Colney in the space of a few hours.

"Andy is a player that myself and the coaching staff have admired for a long while," he told First News.

"We''ve had to be patient to get him, but that patience has paid off.

"Andy will add experience to the squad, is a very, very good player and will be a valuable asset. I am delighted to get him."

This is when Andy Hughes signed.

I''ll ignore what Worthy has to say and make my own mind up.

[/quote]

and he paid £500,000 for him. At least our new signing is free. Let''s hope he is a star.

I think the difference is that he signed him and spent a lot of money. On Clingon, he did not and at the end of the day, it does not matter to him. Some players like Hughes, just don''t fit in at a certain club.

To be fair to Worthy, he did make some very good signings too. Holt, Ashton, Francis, Earnshaw, Huckerby to name a few. His downfall were the signings he made after we were relegated when he signed Jarrett and Hughes. He also should have signed a striker when we got promoted but that probably wasn''t his fault. I''m sure he would have signed Crouch had he been given the funds.

Every manager does make bad signings and I fully expect Roeder to land a few duff players - not because he''s a bad manager but just because no manager is successful with 100% of his signings. Even Alex Ferguson signed Taibi, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba. It''s easier to hide bad signings at big clubs when you''ve got large squads and loads of money.

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]

To be fair to Worthy, he did make some very good signings too. Holt, Ashton, Francis, Earnshaw, Huckerby to name a few. His downfall were the signings he made after we were relegated when he signed Jarrett and Hughes. He also should have signed a striker when we got promoted but that probably wasn''t his fault. I''m sure he would have signed Crouch had he been given the funds.

Every manager does make bad signings and I fully expect Roeder to land a few duff players - not because he''s a bad manager but just because no manager is successful with 100% of his signings. Even Alex Ferguson signed Taibi, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba. It''s easier to hide bad signings at big clubs when you''ve got large squads and loads of money.

[/quote] Couldn''t agree more. Worthy made some excellent signings. He built a winning team very quickly.

You could add Drury, Crouch, Dublin, Needergaard?, Mulryne, Neillson.....

In fact he made very few poor ones.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]"Some players like Hughes, just don''t fit in at a certain club. " - any club surely?
[/quote]He wasn''t very good was he.