Sign in to follow this  
Budgie

Having Never Been To A Bookies Before...

I have never been to a bookies before and placed a bet - all that at the age of 63.But I am strongly tempted now to have a little flutter on a particular game but I do not know how to go about it. Can you help?Holland are top of their group - and have already qualified for the next round; Rumania are second with two points from two games; but both France and Italy are tied together with one point and have to play each other.What are the odds on Holland letting Rumania beat them in their final group game so eliminating both France and Italy?I reckon the chances are pretty good and I am tempted to put at least 2p (oh, go on, 5p) on Rumania beating Holland.How would I go about it, please?

Walk in go up to the counter and say to the member of staff who want to put your 5p on Romania to beat Holland. They will then look this up on their computer, tell you what their odds are. Then you just hand over your 5p and they print you out a receipt. Easy as that!

The bookie always wins ! You will win and then put your winning on something else and lose ! But its all part of the fun

[quote user="Danny G"]The bookie always wins ! You will win and then put your winning on something else and lose ! But its all part of the fun[/quote]

and the addiction.

Offering to place a bet for 2p might get the bookie suggesting that you go clear your throat elsewhere ...." Far cough ! "

I''m sure the book makers have not considered this possibility (letting Romania win), so you should pay down 5,000 quid, not 5P.  Obviously, Holland would not want to go into the next round with a win and momentum on their side, so losing makes perfect sense.  Besides, having only beaten them by an aggregate of 7-1, you know the Dutch don''t want to face off against either one of them again.

sincerely, Sir Chasm

All the bookies have special forms for each and every game,all with full time scores,half time scores,first goalscorer etc. Or simply write Romania to win on a betting slip,but remember to ask them to put the odds on  the slip as well! It''s really easy.

I confidently strode through the doors, up to the counter and said: ''I''m a virgin.....''11/10 were the odds on a Rumania win - the bookies must have heard something to - but I put £5 on it.Those who show an interest in football will know the rest............Thanks for all your help.

Unlucky Budgie,definitely worth a flutter. Unfortunately the Italians always have lady luck on their side! I have a tenner on Croatia so fingers crossed......

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]betting on the football is bad enough, i can''t walk out without losing money on the roulette[/quote]I know what you mean chris, those damm roulette machines get me every time