Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Multi-ball. Yes or No?

Taken from the Evening News''One other change approved at the summit was that clubs must decide

at the start of the season whether to use the multi-ball system at home

matches - and stick to their decision for the whole season.Ipswich''s

bid to have the multi-ball system scrapped was defeated, with only

seven clubs in the Championship and three in League One supporting

their motion.City have decided to opt in to the system.''
Although I rather like the Multiball system, it can on occasion lead to loss of tempo when 3 balls appear on the pitch but on the whole it gets a Yes from me, so...Multi ball, Yes or No?

[quote user="AndyJR"]Taken from the Evening News''One other change approved at the summit was that clubs must decide

at the start of the season whether to use the multi-ball system at home

matches - and stick to their decision for the whole season.Ipswich''s

bid to have the multi-ball system scrapped was defeated, with only

seven clubs in the Championship and three in League One supporting

their motion.City have decided to opt in to the system.''
Although

I rather like the Multiball system, it can on occasion lead to loss of

tempo when 3 balls appear on the pitch but on the whole it gets a Yes

from me, so...Multi ball, Yes or No?[/quote]

Is this anything to do with the "Added Time Multi-Ball" idea from the

Budweiser advert a few years ago? If so, I''m all for it....[:)]

It''s not the kids, it''s the idiots in the stands who through the ball back on to the pitch when the ball boys/girls have already provided a ball to the player about to restart play.

Many a year ago when I were a ball boy, Robert Chase briefed us on our duties which included not given the ball back to the opposition quickly if we were wining.  I also remember being gutted that we had to give back the tracksuit after the match, stingey gets, hope thats changed.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]It''s not the kids, it''s the idiots in the stands who through the ball back on to the pitch when the ball boys/girls have already provided a ball to the player about to restart play.[/quote]

So why have I seen the ball not go into the crowd but go just behind the hoarding and then two ball boys/girls throw a ball to the player at the same time?  I would have thought they would have a day learning what to do and not to do, but having never been a ball boy/girl (being politically correct so not to offend) I wouldn''t know.

The rule change is due to people like Neil Warnock who started with multi-ball then when Sheff Utd scored,all the football''s dissapeared as did the ballboys,I like it and it frequently catches out sides who don''t regularly play it.

i owuld like to see the multi ball system used. will cut down on time wasting! we still couldn''t score a goal with 2 balls on the pitch.

[quote user="xKevin82x"]i owuld like to see the multi ball system used. will cut down on time wasting! we still couldn''t score a goal with 2 balls on the pitch.[/quote]When Multiball is in use, why doest the ref still make a fuss about being given the ball in use at the time back to him at half-time/full-time?  Tradition?

When done well it improves the games but we have had some games when it has gotten silly with the amount of times 2 balls came back.

i hate it.. when your a goal down and chasing a game in the last 5 minutes if eager ball boys throw more than 1 ball on it kills time.. especially if an opposition player Pee''s about with it!

jas :)

Agree with a previous poster that its no the ball boy and girls faults, its the fans who, when the kids have thrown another ball on the pitch, ignore the kid standing there asking for one back and throws it back onto the pitch which just gets annoying resulting in the whole delays for 2 or 3 balls on at one time.

In favor of the system though

Last season when there were 2 balls on the pitch, the problem has occured from the stands and not from the ball person.

Have the rules been changed to the effect that if the game starts with Multi Ball - it has to end with Muti-ball

It is worth noting last season when we started with multi-ball, 95% of the time it has been the ref that has signals for the game to move back to single ball due to stupid fans in the stand throwing the ball onto the pitch after the ball person has given the ball to the player?

I was a Ballboy 20 years ago at Carrow Road, we had a brief chat  before game and  basically got told that if Norwich were winning hold onto the ball longer and delay giving the ball to away team - even if they wanted it quick, I can remember refusing to give ball to Bryan Robson, wont repeat his comments on here!!!!!