Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Clingan FREE, McCourt £150k....

Does anyone else think we really have no money to spend whatsoever? It all looks that way, no players to sell, unlike previous seasons, biggest wage earner culled, Hucks, backroom staff sacked and Roeder talking of loads of loans, then we get a free in and are chasing a player worth £150k.

Doesnt look good. My previous assumption of having no players to sell to finance new deals looks to coming true.....

There we all were enjoying our first signing, speculating on who was next. And you just had to go and spoil it all. About as welcome as a ginger step child [:P]

Come on money or not if we can get players of a high standard for free or close to nothing then theres nothing wrong with that at all means we will be able to bring in more additions to the squad rather then spend all our transfer budget (whatever that is) on 2 or 3 players.

Clingan on a free is a steal and McCourt if true for £150k owuld be fantastic.

Don''t start moanig least we are getting players in to the squad.

1. to be good player you dont have to cost 2m

2. if you got 4m (just a figure in my head) to spend your not going buy 4 players for 1m each in your position

3. 150k would of got you aaron mclean or michael kightly 18months ago hardly dud deals

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Doc''s your step-son!  Oh my God![/quote]

Yeah, I leave him out on the driveway at night to grapple any would-be burglars to the floor [;)]

Norwich are a limited company, go and have a look at the accounts urself before making assuptions into how much of a financial mess we are in. Lets hope this McCourt will be like the new kevin doyle, if we get him.

Kevin Doyle? i''m not sure if you can compare a striker with a winger, i would say if your going to compare him sounds like a younger Stephen Hunt.

[quote user="xKevin82x"]

Come on money or not if we can get players of a high standard for free or close to nothing then theres nothing wrong with that at all means we will be able to bring in more additions to the squad rather then spend all our transfer budget (whatever that is) on 2 or 3 players.

[/quote]

This is a major prob. The club makes us sweat over the fact we arent bringing in any new players for that long, when we finally do we are more relieved than impressed. Such signings arent bad, but they arent particularly good either. To make it in the Championship you really have to be more ambitious than Clingan and McCourt. Hopefully bigger transfers are in the pielines.

[quote user="xKevin82x"]Kevin Doyle? i''m not sure if you can compare a striker with a winger, i would say if your going to compare him sounds like a younger Stephen Hunt.[/quote]

Doyle did play on the wing this season quite alot.

If we find bargains then great. Anyone remember Gunn,Bowen,Culverhouse,Butterworth,Linighan,Crook,Polston,Holt,Needergaard,Townsend and Sherwood etc.......None of them broke the bank.

Again, if WBA had signed him and we had not even have made the move you would be posting stuff like "Why cant we find bargains in Ireland?" We cant win can we.

I bet if you won the lottery you would moan that you had to go to London to collect the winnings!

[quote user="xKevin82x"]Kevin Doyle? i''m not sure if you can compare a striker with a winger, i would say if your going to compare him sounds like a younger Stephen Hunt.[/quote]

probably not !!!!!!!!

To be fair; just because the first signing is a Free doesn''t mean the club has no money to spend.I do, however, believe we have very little. McCourt for 150K is a rumour, then agains so is Ameobi for however many million. And optimist would say we have lots; a pessimist would say we have none!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]where you get them from???[/quote]

Haha Dr Bunsen! H&M! Love it love it love it!

[/quote]

right im on my way now :)

BARGAIN :)

i got a t-shirt for £3 from H&M the other day now thats even more of a bargain :)

[quote user="Barclayman"]

Does anyone else think we really have no money to spend whatsoever? It all looks that way, no players to sell, unlike previous seasons, biggest wage earner culled, Hucks, backroom staff sacked and Roeder talking of loads of loans, then we get a free in and are chasing a player worth £150k.

Doesnt look good. My previous assumption of having no players to sell to finance new deals looks to coming true.....

[/quote]

We are as good as broke imo Barclayman, and even though we alledgely bid a million each  for Taylor and Paterson in January, like you, I too see no real evidence to back that rumour up.

And Darth Doncasters EDP statements seem to agree with us as well!.

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

i got a t-shirt for £3 from H&M the other day now thats even more of a bargain :)

[/quote]

What colour [;)]

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Dr. Bunsen"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What colour [;)]

[/quote]

eeer just a plain grey one :)

Trouble is with these bargians is often they are bargains for a reason. Whether that be on the pitch or off it or both. Sometimes you pick up a gem but in our recent history how often has that been? And tbh they don''t stay long even if they do well...  I''ve seen us pick up too many bargains over the seasons that have either been a waste of money or just sold on at a profit to fund the boards love affair with infastructure.

"The club makes us sweat over the fact we arent bringing in any new players for that long,".nope,  that''s down to the individual, many who over exite themselves far too much.

I don''t think so, unless Roeder''s very good at faking it, he came out quite clearly with the line that there would be a lot of new players coming to the club and half a dozen of them would be between Championship and Premier League quality. Some of these will cost money. Looks like we have got one bargain in Clingham and other posters are right, you don''t have to pay a lot for every player. What you DO tend to have to pay a lot of money for is a good striker, and who we bring in there will be the key to our whole season I suspect. For once I''m optimistic, especially given the Shola rumour resurfacing. If we were to get him the amount of stick I would be able to give the local blue scummers round here would be awesome.

You don''t have to spend that much money to make a team. I think all fans want big money signings. I personally don''t care how much they cost, as long as they play well and play a part in our team.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]"The club makes us sweat over the fact we arent bringing in any new players for that long,"
nope,  that''s down to the individual, many who over exite themselves far too much.
[/quote]

True, but if that is the case I would say there were quite alot of individuals who were getting a tad tetchy during the two weeks prior to yesterday. If you kept a cool head Ralph, fair play to you. But you were in the minority I can assure you.

I truely believe that by postponing bringing in players till the eleventh hour the board haved served a pyscological trick designed to fool the fans into a false sense of ambition. Some on here have gotten to the point that they are just happy to see any players bought in, regardless of talent or reputation, simply because the squad frame is looking that desperate! Many a poor fool will fall for this. The board will bring in alot of frees and so called bargains in the next two weeks and everyone will be saying "wow, this team is going to be amazing". It may very well be, I wont slate it without giving it a chance of course. But realistically money will have to be spent at some point if this club is to start achieving, dont ever believe any different.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

I popped in the city this morning to buy some clothes. I only bought 1x Shirt at £20 and a tshirt at £15......doesnt mean i had no money! Just found some bargains! [:)]

[/quote]

May be a bargain but is the material of good quality....?

[quote user="xKevin82x"]

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

I popped in the city this morning to buy some clothes. I only bought 1x Shirt at £20 and a tshirt at £15......doesnt mean i had no money! Just found some bargains! [:)]

[/quote]

May be a bargain but is the material of good quality....?

[/quote]

Never had a prob before [:)]

What about you Dr Bunsen ?

[quote user="Fellas"]Trouble is with these bargians is often they are bargains for a reason. Whether that be on the pitch or off it or both. Sometimes you pick up a gem but in our recent history how often has that been? And tbh they don''t stay long even if they do well...  I''ve seen us pick up too many bargains over the seasons that have either been a waste of money or just sold on at a profit to fund the boards love affair with infastructure.[/quote]"We''re doomed, doomed I tell yee!" FFS!