Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Another shock signing?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED18%20Jun%202008%2009%3A41%3A53%3A130

Just like Klingon there is nothing, then a bit on the local news, then we hear he has signed! This would be a good one imo

[/quote]

I really hope that we beat West Brom to his signiture. Surely he would just be a back-up for them, and a regular for us.

Also, does this mean that the Hoolahan deal is off? [:S]

Would be great to beat West Brom to a signature, get them back for all those times they''ve done it to us in the past!!

Get real guys - he would be mad to come here rather than try his luck in the Prem.

After an extensive google search on him he sounds like a very exciting player, almost an Irish Ronaldo! Though obviously that must be taken in context to the league he is currently playing in.  As for Hooligan deal being off, I doubt it though QPR have been linked recently. Maybe it means Croft is off as he can play on both sides.....

[quote user="SnakepitTopBoy"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED18%20Jun%202008%2009%3A41%3A53%3A130

Just like Klingon there is nothing, then a bit on the local news, then we hear he has signed! This would be a good one imo

[/quote]

I really hope that we beat West Brom to his signiture. Surely he would just be a back-up for them, and a regular for us.

[/quote]I think he''s a right sided player, Hoolahan plays on the left so probably not.

[quote user="BigFish"]Get real guys - he would be mad to come here rather than try his luck in the Prem.[/quote]

he has to ask himself if he wants to play first team football. i cant see it happening if he goes to WBA

[quote user="SnakepitTop Boy"]I really hope that we beat West Brom to his signiture. Surely he would just be a back-up for them, and a regular for us.

[/quote]

Do we have 100% concrete evidence that it was ever really on?[:S]

No Wiz, lots of people with imaginary friends oh and a supposedly trustworthy Ipswich fan!

Says it all really

i think he basically signed for them from what i''ve heard

maybe you guys came in to late?

but if you got him would be terrific signing i would think by the write ups but then sunderland had high hopes for that donavon kid as well.

i doubt he get automatic 1st team place in their team so maybe a loan for few months?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

Right or wrong this is a lift from the Derry Sentinel of yesterday, not today:

http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sport/Canaries-join-McCourt-chase.4194219.jp

The reports say that we are trying to hijack the deal, maybe by offering first team football?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]If he''s good enough to get into a Prem side, surely he''s worth more than £150k???[/quote]Players are less expenisve from Ireland. Kevin Doyle went for 80k and I believe that Livingston bought Wes Hollahan for 50k.He might come here if he is promised first team football rather than slogging it in the ressies.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="bass is best"]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddy_McCourt

under club information it says he is no. 23 for WBA

and i understand that anyone can change what it says on wiki, just a bit weird!

[/quote]

It also says his current club is Norwich FC?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_McCourt

[/quote]It''s obviously just someone messing about. Maybe even someone on here...! ;)

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="Nuff Said"]If he''s good enough to get into a Prem side, surely he''s worth more than £150k???[/quote]Players are less expenisve from Ireland. Kevin Doyle went for 80k and I believe that Livingston bought Wes Hollahan for 50k.He might come here if he is promised first team football rather than slogging it in the ressies.[/quote]I''m no expert but I don''t think that''s how free market capitalism works! If it was a commonly accepted fact that you paid less for equivalent players from Ireland then everyone would be snapping them up, the Irish would realise, and prices would increase. £50K for a Scottish First Division player is fair enough, £150K for a Premiership first team player doesn''t seem right. In which case his comments about playing at Anfield etc are optimistic at best, so maybe you''re right and he realises that WBA=reserve team football, Norwich=first team. Fingers crossed!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="bass is best"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
It''s obviously just someone messing about. Maybe even someone on here...! ;)
[/quote]

Cant imagine Mr McCourt would be too happy if someone is hacking into the Wikipedia to alter his information. I know I wouldnt be. Alot of people use Wikipedia as a first port of call to gather information and this could be very misleading.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="bass is best"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
It''s obviously just someone messing about. Maybe even someone on here...! ;)
[/quote]

Cant imagine Mr McCourt would be too happy if someone is hacking into the Wikipedia to alter his information. I know I wouldnt be. Alot of people use Wikipedia as a first port of call to gather information and this could be very misleading.

[/quote]

No sh**, Sherlock. Happens all the time. Wikipedia is a highly dubious source...

Yeah, sorry but Wiki hacking is a persistent and often hilarious

problem for its owners... There was a thing a few years ago where the

words "Steve Likes Men" kept appearing on random Wiki pages... it got

to be quite funny, but then I guess they clamped down on it... Inspired

by this, my mate went onto Becky Mantin''s page and wrote at the end of

the article "Becky is not nearly as attractive as she thinks she

is."  And some time later I wrote on Ray Parlour''s page that since

his public divorce he had started a relationship with the

aforementioned mate...

I doubt anyone gets too upset, they get removed pretty quick, the best

idea is to change it then take a screen shot for posterity...[:D]

West brom wont sign him to play in the reserve team trust me

he will either

1. be signed and be immediate squad player - remember ToMo likes to rotate his squad to keep them fresh

2. he will be signed and loaned out for experience like the pole they signed last season went to blackpool and mcdonald to hereford

3. why does everyone think 1st team is esential? no one seen sidwell went chelsea last season?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Sorry, I dont know about this stuff because I am not a geek......[8-|][/quote]

Hehe, I am and proud of it... [8-|]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Yeah, sorry but Wiki hacking is a persistent and often hilarious problem for its owners... There was a thing a few years ago where the words "Steve Likes Men" kept appearing on random Wiki pages... it got to be quite funny, but then I guess they clamped down on it... Inspired by this, my mate went onto Becky Mantin''s page and wrote at the end of the article "Becky is not nearly as attractive as she thinks she is."  And some time later I wrote on Ray Parlour''s page that since his public divorce he had started a relationship with the aforementioned mate...

I doubt anyone gets too upset, they get removed pretty quick, the best idea is to change it then take a screen shot for posterity...[:D]

[/quote]

Except there''s no such thing as "owners" as all the information is added and updated by volunteers (literally anyone) worldwide, and made freely available. Which means everytime someone adds nonsense to a page, someonelse has to spend time removing it. On pages where lots of people contribute things get removed quickly, but on others it can be left there for months. Then there are people who change things like the dates of births of players, which is a lot harder to spot.

It''s the equivalent of scrawling over the pages of books in a public library..

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Sorry, I dont know about this stuff because I am not a geek......[8-|][/quote]

Hehe, I am and proud of it... [8-|]
[/quote]

Wasn''t reffering to you monkey but nice to see you''re honest! A fan of Weezer could never be a geek in my book. [:)]

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Yeah, sorry

but Wiki hacking is a persistent and often hilarious problem for its

owners... There was a thing a few years ago where the words "Steve

Likes Men" kept appearing on random Wiki pages... it got to be quite

funny, but then I guess they clamped down on it... Inspired by this, my

mate went onto Becky Mantin''s page and wrote at the end of the article

"Becky is not nearly as attractive as she thinks she is."  And

some time later I wrote on Ray Parlour''s page that since his public

divorce he had started a relationship with the aforementioned mate...I

doubt anyone gets too upset, they get removed pretty quick, the best

idea is to change it then take a screen shot for posterity...[:D] [/quote]

Except there''s no such thing as "owners" as all the information is

added and updated by volunteers (literally anyone) worldwide, and

made freely available. Which means everytime someone adds nonsense to a

page, someonelse has to spend time removing it. On pages where lots of

people contribute things get removed quickly, but on others it can be

left there for months. Then there are people who change things like the

dates of births of players, which is a lot harder to spot.

It''s the equivalent of scrawling over the pages of books in a public library..

[/quote]

I meant the people who "own" Wikipedia, as in the people who created it

originally... I know how Wikipedia works, I''m a Weezer-loving geek![8-|]