Sign in to follow this  
Good News Gordon

ITS VERY GOOD NEWS TIME

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]I''m looking forward to seeing him play to formulate an opinion. Until then, I''ll keep open minded.[/quote]

...or even an open mind about him!

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Jonnyboy"]

Gordon step up and take a bow!

I think a lot of people owe you an apology mate.

Now lets hope those other 4 - 5 signings follow...

[/quote]Not sure one Bosman signing constitutes ''Very Good News Time''.  Not overly excited just yet to be honest.[/quote]

So if we''d paid 4 million for him you''d be happy?[/quote]My mention of him being on a Bosman had no particular relevance it''s just what the transfer is. 

[quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="xKevin82x"]

GNG 100% bulls**ter, wheres bell, i see sammy clingan has signed on free but not your prediction!

Next time i think you need to keep shut until your mate or whoever gives you some proper transfer info. Least we have one signing now thank god!

[/quote]

UNREAL, This afternoon NO ONE was signing as far as 90% of you were concerned,   i carried on telling you it would happen TODAY but I am still wrong.

Nevermind keep my info to myself

[/quote]If you post unsubstantiated rumours on an internet message board, you''re bound to get a few people slating you. The vast majority of us, however, were happy to keep our powder dry and see if your predictions came to fruition before we judged. If Bell is announced in the next 24 hours then I think a lot of people will be very grateful for you sharing your information.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="xKevin82x"]

GNG 100% bulls**ter, wheres bell, i see sammy clingan has signed on free but not your prediction!

Next time i think you need to keep shut until your mate or whoever gives you some proper transfer info. Least we have one signing now thank god!

[/quote]

UNREAL, This afternoon NO ONE was signing as far as 90% of you were concerned,   i carried on telling you it would happen TODAY but I am still wrong.

[/quote]
If you post unsubstantiated rumours on an internet message board, you''re bound to get a few people slating you. The vast majority of us, however, were happy to keep our powder dry and see if your predictions came to fruition before we judged. If Bell is announced in the next 24 hours then I think a lot of people will be very grateful for you sharing your information.
[/quote]

A RUMOUR IS A RUMOUR I NEVER STATED ANY RUMOURS ONLY THE FACTS THAT WE WOULD MAKE SIGNINGS TODAY EVEN A 2pm WHEN YOU ALL SAID NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN AND EVEN THE WEB TEAM SAID NOTHING WAS HAPPENING.

BELL WILL STILL SIGN HOPEFULLY TODAY BUT FOOTIE AND TRANSFERS ARE NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE

[quote user="Pieman"]I bet we end up with some random midfielder from Forest no-one''s ever heard of ;)[/quote]

I can''t believe no-one picked up on this.....

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Polar"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Jonnyboy"]

Gordon step up and take a bow!

I think a lot of people owe you an apology mate.

Now lets hope those other 4 - 5 signings follow...

[/quote]Not sure one Bosman signing constitutes ''Very Good News Time''.  Not overly excited just yet to be honest.[/quote]

So if we''d paid 4 million for him you''d be happy?[/quote]My mention of him being on a Bosman had no particular relevance it''s just what the transfer is.  [/quote]ok fair enough

[quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="xKevin82x"]

[/quote]

[/quote]If you post unsubstantiated rumours on an internet message board, you''re bound to get a few people slating you. The vast majority of us, however, were happy to keep our powder dry and see if your predictions came to fruition before we judged. If Bell is announced in the next 24 hours then I think a lot of people will be very grateful for you sharing your information.[/quote]

A RUMOUR IS A RUMOUR I NEVER STATED ANY RUMOURS ONLY THE FACTS THAT WE WOULD MAKE SIGNINGS TODAY EVEN A 2pm WHEN YOU ALL SAID NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN AND EVEN THE WEB TEAM SAID NOTHING WAS HAPPENING.

BELL WILL STILL SIGN HOPEFULLY TODAY BUT FOOTIE AND TRANSFERS ARE NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE

[/quote]Yes, but what you say is fact is still a rumour to the rest of us until you''re proven to be right. It wasn''t at all that ''we all said nothing would happen''. Some of us were enthusiastic and believed you, some of us (like myself) didn''t dismiss it but decided to wait and see, and some people said it was fabricated. If you know you''re telling the truth, there''s no reason to get so annoyed about people not believing you, is there? Anyway, from me at least, thanks for all the information and I hope a lot more of it happens like you said it would.

[quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="xKevin82x"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
If you post unsubstantiated rumours on an internet message board, you''re bound to get a few people slating you. The vast majority of us, however, were happy to keep our powder dry and see if your predictions came to fruition before we judged. If Bell is announced in the next 24 hours then I think a lot of people will be very grateful for you sharing your information.
[/quote]

[/quote]

GNG, for what it''s worth, I thank you for the rumours you bring us. I think people are too worked up on specifics and such like rather on the actual news you bring. I think Bell and Hoolahan are all but signed and it''s just a matter of time before we''re told about them.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hurrah....three cheers for Gordon [<:o)][<:o)]

Gordon, Gordon, Gordon.

FLASH ah ah, he saved everyone of us.

Think I''ll shut up now [:$]

Totally agree, as soon as FIFA have sorted the hoolahoop thing I reckon he will sign and Bell can''t be far behind.

One encouraging thing is that we got a player that both Ipswich and QPR were in for...

I second that. GNG - please do not allow the uneccessaily aggressive response certain posters have on here to any rumours to put you off. As someone who used to have a good source I know that often things are lined up well before they are announced and that the timing of those announcements is often hard to predict.

I''ve been keeping a watchfull eye on this thread and GNG deserves some credit!

As we all know football transfers are far from straightforward and clubs attempt to keep their cards as close to their chests as possible. Looking at some of the rumours that were spread over the last couple of weeks it''s easy to see how people can be wound up! Although this also adds to GNG''s credibility as something along the lines of his prediction did come through today. Today''s quotes from Glenn also back up some of his other information regarding the signings that would follow this one etc.

Thanks Gordon, dont let this thread be your last!

[quote user="keiran womersley"]half right, another signing tonight then[/quote]

Live in hope, Mr  GMTV and  his pals are a slight pain in the bottom area.

And for those who don''t think that I am a **** Wes is coming, Sammy was one hell of a coup nicking him from the Formula 1 boys

I believe! Gordon I believe!

but seriously I think if FIFA had sorted out the livingston transfer saga sooner we would have had two signings today.

[quote user="Good News Gordon"]

And for those who don''t think that I am a **** Wes is coming, Sammy was one hell of a coup nicking him from the Formula 1 boys

[/quote]Did you mention yesterday Macheda from Man Utd and Antwi from Liverpool as potential loan targets? Presumably those (or any other loans) are unlikely to be finalised this week?Macheda in particular is very highly rated, although at just 17 he might be a bit green for the physical nature of Championship football.http://www.redcafe.net/f40/federico-macheda-170575/

OK I''m not sure whether it was good guess work or not but I''m here to eat humble pie. Anything GNG posts in the future I promise not to argue against. I will in future sit on my hands with my gob shut.[:D]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Good News Gordon"]

[/quote]
Did you mention yesterday Macheda from Man Utd and Antwi from Liverpool as potential loan targets? Presumably those (or any other loans) are unlikely to be finalised this week?

Macheda in particular is very highly rated, although at just 17 he might be a bit green for the physical nature of Championship football.

http://www.redcafe.net/f40/federico-macheda-170575/
[/quote]

That''s interesting. The video on there involves an incident where he shows decent composure, decent strength and a cracking finish. Very highly rated by those on that thread and compared to Berbatov.

If he signs and turns out as good as Evans, he''ll be well worth it.

Gordon, you siad someone was signing but you stated bell which never happened. so a rumour is a rumour if you get it right then fair enough. please keep posting rumours as most people are sad enough to believ people like you on here.

[quote user="Good News Gordon"]

[/quote]

I hope so as Hoolahan is the one I am really keen to get in the bag. Not so bothered about Bell and have heard that one may not be quite such a done deal as you say but will wait with interest to see what transpires.

[quote user="Pieman"]

[quote user="Pieman"]I bet we end up with some random midfielder from Forest no-one''s ever heard of ;)[/quote]

I can''t believe no-one picked up on this.....

[/quote]

I can - it seems they are all too busy arguing with each other/this Gordon fellow about whether his posts are facts or rumours...but it does seem to have been a good call on your part, yesterday morning well before the news broke.  Any more news?  I''m interested at least!

Wel at least the ball has started rolling, hopefully we will get a "signing a day" for a while!

[quote user="xKevin82x"]

Gordon, you siad someone was signing but you stated bell which never happened. so a rumour is a rumour if you get it right then fair enough. please keep posting rumours as most people are sad enough to believ people like you on here.

[/quote]Everyone except you, it seems. Maybe everyone is right and you are wrong? It''s a possibility.

So he said 2, we got 1.... so what? Things arent set in stone, for all we know the other one got stuck in traffic and couldnt get there in time...

At least we have a start eh?