Sign in to follow this  
Good News Gordon

ITS VERY GOOD NEWS TIME

[quote user="Salahuddin"]eh?[/quote]I called my opinion an ''expert'' one Salahuddin and SWP questioned what made me an expert, hence I decided to give him the definition of the word Irony.

That it was. I enjoyed that moment so much, I''m considering getting married to that moment & raising a whole load of little moments together so I can keep enjoying it!

I almost miss Steelsilver and his boasts. Also keep the rumours coming. I love a bit of rumour-mongering!

Tuesday came.. tuesday went... so did wednesday.. some of u got suckered in by gordon.. others didnt.. the players didnt materialise...

make of that what you will... i doubt will see Gordon on here again.... Nice try at winding us all up though

jas :)

I don''t see why people have frankly bullied Gordon simply because he claims to have a source in the club. There is just as much evidence as him being correct as there is against him being correct - but as usual the doubting idiots on this forum will refuse to believe him and worse abuse him and anyone that may believe him. You don''t have to believe him, but if you don''t have anything constructive to add, then don''t post in this thread.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Salahuddin"]eh?[/quote]

I called my opinion an ''expert'' one Salahuddin and SWP questioned what made me an expert, hence I decided to give him the definition of the word Irony.

[/quote]

and there was me thinking you were just being a cantankerous know-it-all.  Oh...........

[quote user="norwichsnewfinest"]

That it was. I enjoyed that moment

so much, I''m considering getting married to that moment & raising a

whole load of little moments together so I can keep enjoying it!

[/quote]

Thanks Doctor Cox... [;)]

Well, its Thursday. I was never really suckered in by Gordon but I''ll

admit to a growing sense of anticipation about today.  There''s the

old myth that Thursday is Press Conference day (which is just for match

weekends) so I''m keeping as much as i can crossed..... squeek!

I share this feeling Evil Monkey, I have a feeling that I shall be constantly checking the internet today, just in case!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I share this feeling Evil Monkey, I have a feeling that I shall be constantly checking the internet today, just in case![/quote]

I feel like I am on here all the time at the moment waiting for the tiniest bit of news, its an addiction!!!

[quote user="AndyJR"]FAO SWP

i·ro·ny1  

//

var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://cache.lexico.com/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "17", "18", "", "6");

interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false");

interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high");

interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false");

interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t");

interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcache.lexico.com%2Fdictionary%2Faudio%2Fluna%2FI03%2FI0305100.mp3");

interfaceflash.write();

// ]]>

Audio Help   [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun, plural -nies.

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

2. Literature.

a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.

b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.

Hope that helps. 
[/quote]

and whatever you do, don''t ask Alanis Morrisette. She knows nothing about it!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

I don''t see why people have frankly bullied Gordon simply because he claims to have a source in the club. There is just as much evidence as him being correct as there is against him being correct - but as usual the doubting idiots on this forum will refuse to believe him and worse abuse him and anyone that may believe him. You don''t have to believe him, but if you don''t have anything constructive to add, then don''t post in this thread.

[/quote]He said that two players would be signing, one would be Bell, and that the other had a problem with his contract.To the best of my knowledge there was nothing unusual about Sammy Clingan''s contract, he was just holding out to see how many other offers he got. In my opinion, GNG has just been recycling the Bell/Hoolahan rumours that everyone else has been posting.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

He said that two players would be signing, one would be Bell, and that the other had a problem with his contract.

To the best of my knowledge there was nothing unusual about Sammy Clingan''s contract, he was just holding out to see how many other offers he got.

In my opinion, GNG has just been recycling the Bell/Hoolahan rumours that everyone else has been posting.
[/quote]

A witch, a witch, can we burn him????

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

He said that two players would be signing, one would be Bell, and that the other had a problem with his contract.

To the best of my knowledge there was nothing unusual about Sammy Clingan''s contract, he was just holding out to see how many other offers he got.

In my opinion, GNG has just been recycling the Bell/Hoolahan rumours that everyone else has been posting.
[/quote]

What and recycling the days transfers will happen and I said Ameobi will not be coming, last night and this morning according to the Daily Mail, Star and all the North East papers he had signed, now the media has changed its mind.

I am recycling nothing just telling it how it is, I never said Wes would sign this week, there were however as I said issues with Clingan signing,

Wes has signed and it will be announced as soon as he is back which Iam lead to believe was today or Friday

[quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What and recycling the days transfers will happen and I said Ameobi will not be coming, last night and this morning according to the Daily Mail, Star and all the North East papers he had signed, now the media has changed its mind.

I am recycling nothing just telling it how it is, I never said Wes would sign this week, there were however as I said issues with Clingan signing,

Wes has signed and it will be announced as soon as he is back which Iam lead to believe was today or Friday

[/quote]

His very own brother-in-law (if he is to be believed) says that Wes isn''t back from holiday in Florida until 28th June. So one (or both of you) are making it up.

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"][quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

His very own brother-in-law (if he is to be believed) says that Wes isn''t back from holiday in Florida until 28th June. So one (or both of you) are making it up.

[/quote]

Right. So obviously it''s not possible that he''s been given bad information about Wes'' return home? Immediatly he''s possibly a liar simply because he thought he was back today or tomorrow?

Come on guys, grow up - and quick! This guy is obviously passing on information he''s received or is telling fibs. If he''s lying, stop reading the forum. Don''t keep jumping down his neck every time you see a possible discrepancy. It really is childish and immature. If you don''t believe him stop reading, and better yet stop responding.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"][quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Right. So obviously it''s not possible that he''s been given bad information about Wes'' return home? Immediatly he''s possibly a liar simply because he thought he was back today or tomorrow?

Come on guys, grow up - and quick! This guy is obviously passing on information he''s received or is telling fibs. If he''s lying, stop reading the forum. Don''t keep jumping down his neck every time you see a possible discrepancy. It really is childish and immature. If you don''t believe him stop reading, and better yet stop responding.

[/quote]

I came to a reasonable conclusion based on the evidence at hand. I''d hardly call that "childish and immature".

If he''s right, great. I want us to sign Hoolahan, but all this guess-work and supposition is annoying.

I don''t think anyone really cares when signings are announced, more who they are and if it''s 100% true.

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"][quote user="Good News Gordon"][quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I came to a reasonable conclusion based on the evidence at hand. I''d hardly call that "childish and immature".

If he''s right, great. I want us to sign Hoolahan, but all this guess-work and supposition is annoying.

I don''t think anyone really cares when signings are announced, more who they are and if it''s 100% true.

[/quote]

No you came to the conclusion that he was a liar based on the evidence at hand. A reasonable conclusion to make would be that the information he is giving is wrong. You then went and inferred that he intentionally deceived us in telling us these rumours. That is as far from the truth as possible.

So why don''t you tell us exactly what is going on? If him lying is "as far from the truth as possible" you must know something...?

I didn''t say he was lying, I said that either him, or the Binner made it up (which in retrospect, perhaps you''re right, I should have said "is wrong" rather than "made it up"). When he comes back and says that he made a mistake, I will have no problem with it.

Anyway, who cares... Let''s see if Ameobi signs or not!

[quote user="Good News Gordon"]

[/quote]

According to someone who alledges to know him very well, he''s gone to Florida for 2 weeks and isn''t back until the 28th June.

Unless of course you know different Gordon [:)]