Sign in to follow this  
Good News Gordon

ITS VERY GOOD NEWS TIME

Interesting - we did sign one (or get the promise of one to sign on 1/7) but I was under the impression that there were meant to be 2 and Bell was one, Hoolahan the other.  Still not sure how much Mr Gordon does know but he does seem to know something or has a fair amount of luck about him!.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Interesting - we did sign one (or get the promise of one to sign on 1/7) but I was under the impression that there were meant to be 2 and Bell was one, Hoolahan the other.  Still not sure how much Mr Gordon does know but he does seem to know something or has a fair amount of luck about him!.[/quote]To be fair, he never said Hoolahan. He said Bell, plus one other who is in a difficult contract situation. Many people assumed this to be Hoolahan, but Clingan was obviously being chased by other clubs and still wanted by Forest, so this would still be accurate. Gordon''s source obviously told him these signings would be made by today, but obviously something is delaying the Bell transfer if his source is genuine.

Good work Mr insider. You were obvioulsy planted by Glenn Roader to start a rumour on city signing Bell and Hoolahan, knowing that Ian Dowie would be reading this forum looking for players city were interested in and then bidding at the last minute. Well done. Bet Dowie had no idea that we were about to clinch Sammy Clingan.  Ha ha lets all laugh!!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Interesting - we did sign one (or get the promise of one to sign on 1/7) but I was under the impression that there were meant to be 2 and Bell was one, Hoolahan the other.  Still not sure how much Mr Gordon does know but he does seem to know something or has a fair amount of luck about him!.[/quote]
To be fair, he never said Hoolahan. He said Bell, plus one other who is in a difficult contract situation. Many people assumed this to be Hoolahan, but Clingan was obviously being chased by other clubs and still wanted by Forest, so this would still be accurate. Gordon''s source obviously told him these signings would be made by today, but obviously something is delaying the Bell transfer if his source is genuine.
[/quote]

Yes and its called Nick Owen and his mates.

Still a day of rest on Wednesday, but 85% certain that Thursday will see more signings.

Wes will not be going to QPR he Will be coming here

Any interest in the Scunthorpe striker is over as the chairman is being awkward, and it is thought he will be staying out of spite

GNG if your right again about a player coming in on thursday then i will certainly say i doubted you foolishly but as things stand i would say leave it with what you have said again big qoutes and if your wrong then the criticism you will get will be just deserved.

Congratulations on a sucessful prediction. Please carry on posting on here with "GOOD NEWS". Thank-you very much and ignore the binners that keep having a go at you for posting something correct. Thank-you once again.

[quote user="Good News Gordon"]

Yes and its called Nick Owen and his mates.

Still a day of rest on Wednesday, but 85% certain that Thursday will see more signings.

Wes will not be going to QPR he Will be coming here

Any interest in the Scunthorpe striker is over as the chairman is being awkward, and it is thought he will be staying out of spite

[/quote]

Thanks for the update Gordon [:)]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Pieman"]

[quote user="Pieman"]I bet we end up with some random midfielder from Forest no-one''s ever heard of ;)[/quote]

I can''t believe no-one picked up on this.....

[/quote]

I can - it seems they are all too busy arguing with each other/this Gordon fellow about whether his posts are facts or rumours...but it does seem to have been a good call on your part, yesterday morning well before the news broke.  Any more news?  I''m interested at least!

[/quote]No offence Gordon, you''re far more accurate than most of the fantasy

flying around on this board, but this Pieman chappie looks like the one

with the real inside track. Give us another Mr Pieman sir?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Any news of Hoolahan, Gordon?

[/quote]

I know this is getting a bit of a pain, but it is deal done just the stupid bitching amongst Livingston, FIFA and Blackpool, rather like the Bell deal with the GMTV Luton -25 points consortium being delayed not dead

Gordon

Any idea though why we can''t announce it if he has agreed to join us? The stuff between Blackpool, FIFA and Livingston is nothing to do with us.

I am still not confident on Bell but hope I am proven wrong.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Gordon

Any idea though why we can''t announce it if he has agreed to join us? The stuff between Blackpool, FIFA and Livingston is nothing to do with us.

I am still not confident on Bell but hope I am proven wrong.

[/quote]

It appears there are issues but Wes is still on Hols so it will not be done until he returns, just remember the ones that doubt Wes is coming where is the speculation on him joining any othe side? 10+ clubs were after him, then for two weeks nothing has been said, why? because hes sold.

Bell will come, as I said Luton are the problem, but they need the money more than the player.

Well according to our binman friend Hoolahan''s on holiday for another 10 days so I guess thats another 10 days of worrying about it then! I do believe it is done and dusted but if, as is claimed, he has signed a contract to join us I still don''t see why we cannot announce that even if it is subject to the FIFA issue being resolved.

Re Bell you sound confident so I will wait and see. I know it was going to happen a couple of weeks ago but was led to believe that another club may have come onto the scene which cast some doubt over it.

Gordon actually predicted 2 signings yesteray.. he didnt predict Sammy clingan....

im still not 100% convinced by him.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Gordon actually predicted 2 signings yesteray.. he didnt predict Sammy clingan....

[/quote]

Then don''t read this thread.

[/quote]He may well have known it was Clingan though. He said Bell plus one other who was in a ''difficult contract situation''. Forest wanted to keep him, QPR and the scum also wanted to sign him... that would tally up, wouldn''t it? We need to keep Gordon on our side - I think he''ll convince us all in the long run!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

why.. what will you do if i do eh?

jas, im with you on this one just not convinced with this GNG.... prediciton which was made was now where near what actually happened

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll scream and scream and scream until I''m sick [:)]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you have tugged my heart strings! i shall look no longer!

[quote user="xKevin82x"]jas, im with you on this one just not convinced with this GNG.... prediciton which was made was now where near what actually happened[/quote]As has been said, things don''t always happen in real life as they''re predicted to happen. If it is a hoax, it''s the best one I''ve ever seen on here! Please don''t give the guy any more stick directly though - if he does turn out to be accurate with these predictions, he will become a very useful source for all of us. On the other hand, he''ll get more than enough stick from everyone if it all turns out to be a wind-up!

[/quote]Personally I never believed it.  Total balls in my expert opinion.

I believed the lot. I was told as a youngster, "you should believe everything you read."

Well,... I think thats what I was told.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you have tugged my heart strings! i shall look no longer!

[/quote]

I''m glad to hear, I''ve just had this delicious doorstop sasuage and bacon sandwich. Would not like to see it again!

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Personally I never believed it.  Total balls in my expert opinion.

[/quote]

Would love to know on what basis you have an ''expert'' opinion Andy?

So Gordon, if its unlikely to be Wes and possibly not Bell then who might be the two tomorrow?  Any clues gratefully recieved.

FAO SWPi·ro·ny1  

Audio Help   [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -nies.

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

2. Literature.
a. a

technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an

intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly

stated.

b. (esp.

in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give

full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes,

etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme,

or emotion.

Hope that helps.