Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

What jobs do you all do?

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Yeah, cheers... *rolls eyes* [:P]

I''ve actually got quite a huge idea on the go but I''m probably years away from even starting due to the amount of research and general development it needs.... gives me a bit of time to find out how to get published, etc, I suppose... [:D]

Any other budding writers out there? A few of us tried to get a bit of a writing collective off the ground a few years ago, but it stalled due to kids/work/uni... wouldn''t mind getting it back up and running again, myself, I managed to finish my first short story in two years the other week, woop!
[/quote]

Good luck mate..................I''m being serious now [Y].

I''d love to write a book and it would most probably be something football related, I haven''t got the imagination for fiction I don''t think. It annoys me that when you go down to Waterstones (other bookshops are available) 90% of the football books thay have are either the inane witterings of twenty five year old millionaires or the inane witterings of a fat, balding football hooligan. There''s a distinct lack of intelligent football books that tell you something you don''t already know. So I''d like to write something a little different. I''ve had a couple of ideas in the past but I very much doubt that I''ll ever have the time, money or resources [:(]

Your huge idea''s nothing to do with climate change is it? I still have fond recollections of that thread about Earnie''s Hummer where you and Cluck slugged it out for what seemed like weeks [;)]
[/quote]

If you want to be a writer, then just write. Get it all down on paper, whatever is your passion. Don''t worry about the time, if you enjoy doing it then it''s a great way to spend your time. And don''t worry about the money side either - if what you write is worth publishing then other people will put the money up for you. If it doesn''t get into print, then at least you have done something you''ve enjoyed doing.

The biggest block to becoming a writer is that most people never get round to committing their words to paper (or hard disk). So I encourage you to just do it and don''t think too much about the other stuff.

I work for an emergency glazing and locksmith company based in Norwich.

Over the last few years we have carried out jobs for the likes of Bryan Gunn, Alex Notman and more recently David Marshall and Gary Doherty

I find accommodation for patients who are homeless and in Psychiatric Hospital in North London.

I work for an animal sanctuary, a dream job surrounded by animals all day [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]I work for an animal sanctuary, a dream job surrounded by animals all day [:)][/quote]

Wow! Y''mean Eric Burdon, Alan Price and Chas Chandler etc, are at your workplace?.....[:O]

[quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="The Bucketman"]

Another dazed Year 11 just coming out of GCSE''s... get summer job to sustain the maaaaasssssssses of expensive nothing I have to do... then find something writey somewhere

Sounds like a plan to me! (Well it would... it is mine I suppose!)

[/quote]
not doing 6th form?
lol

[/quote]

Well yes... although I definately left it out on purpose and didnt just forget. Honestly!    ....Whats that you say? You need at least a slight ability to remember things to get into Sixth Form? Er....

Look over there

*Runs away*

[quote user="cityangel"]I work for an animal sanctuary, a dream job surrounded by animals all day [:)][/quote]

We, too, work surrounded by animals - ten cats, eight of them rescues, two "displaced persons" and two Guinea Pigs.

[quote user="Freeza"]

I''ve just graduated Sports Journalism at Staffordshire University and I''m trying to get my first job in journalism at the moment, in fact I have an interview with the Press Association in East Yorkshire tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

[/quote]Bloody hell, I have applied to do Sports Journalism at Staffs next year. As good as it sounds?

[quote user="O.J."][quote user="Freeza"]

I''ve just graduated Sports Journalism at Staffordshire University and I''m trying to get my first job in journalism at the moment, in fact I have an interview with the Press Association in East Yorkshire tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

[/quote]
Bloody hell, I have applied to do Sports Journalism at Staffs next year. As good as it sounds?

[/quote]

I started out nationally with PA - the youngest reporter they had taken on in 100 years.  I even made the house mag on account of it.

Good luck with your interview.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="yellow hammer"]

My first job was as a milkman in North Norfolk, moving on to become a chef''s gopher. Thirty years later, I am a novelist and screenwriter.

[/quote]

That''s awesome, I''m so jealous! I want to be a novelist, any tips?
[/quote]

Think of a story and write the words down...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Wow! Y''mean Eric Burdon, Alan Price and Chas Chandler etc, are at your workplace?.....[:O]

[/quote]

I doubt if Chas is.......he''s been dead for 12 years!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

I doubt if Chas is.......he''s been dead for 12 years!

[/quote]

OK, Rob Chandler then.........He''s a weasel.

I teach english as a second language to foreign students. Currently in Perth, Western Australia

The worrying thing is that this message board is my main source of Norwich info. I don''t know if that is a good thing or not!

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

I teach english as a second language to foreign students. Currently in Perth, Western Australia

The worrying thing is that this message board is my main source of Norwich info. I don''t know if that is a good thing or not!

[/quote]The worrying thing is that Aussies have to be taught English!G''day Jimbo, I''ll chuck another Binner on the barbie for you!

I own and run Alco-Call. A late night alcohol delivery service in Norwich and Reading (and soon in the Medway area of Kent). Most of my time at the minute is preparing to sell the Norwich one as a franchise and hopefully sell more franchises around the country...

[quote user="All in Yellow"]

I own and run Alco-Call. A late night alcohol delivery service in Norwich and Reading (and soon in the Medway area of Kent). Most of my time at the minute is preparing to sell the Norwich one as a franchise and hopefully sell more franchises around the country...

[/quote]I love you...

[quote user="All in Yellow"]

[/quote]

Can you drop round a small sweet sherry please?

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

[/quote]

Superb place to live mate, I used to live in Perth as a young kid, at 390 Belmont Avenue Kewdale, are you anywhere near there? I used to go and support East Perth Aussie Rules, can''t find out much on them on the net, are they still in Business?

Bless you then CA, you are truly an angel with a job like that

Hey Witter I did 12 years on the underground, are you a group manager then??

Now back in my trade as a freelance photographer. Has to be said that getting Archant to pay up is like getting blood from a stone. Thank god people still get married.