Sign in to follow this  
morty

Dario Gradi

Very nice to hear dario''s comments about us, I take that as a real compliment from a man who really knows his footy, I really think we''re gonna surprise a few people next season!

Should we ask Real over for a friendly? After all, the only way we''ll ever know if he''s right is by playing the real Real.

This shows what is possible if the attitude is there.

I know Crewe were nearer the bottom than the top - and it was the last game - but the performance really came out of a "no fear" approach. and in so doing the passing game prevailed.

Over the course of the season, perhaps we sometimes over-respect the opposition and hence constrain ourselves. Short passes are replaced by hopeful long balls.

There have been glimpses of this all year - at Bradford at the start, Cardiff at home, Walsall home and away and more.

But we didn''t do this quite enough - even though we clearly have the potential. Sure, we won by a mile - so we were ultimately the best side in the division.

Perhaps what I''m tryiing to say is that next season - we shouldn''t start games by letting our opponents set the agenda - we''ll play our game, using appropriate tactics on the day, and we''ll do better than many pundits would expect.

Typical of Dario Gradi to be so gracious, he is a top class manager who has done wonders at a club like Crewe and keeps a good production line of good quality players going. Plus they always try to play good football.

There was a fantastic story on the 5 live phone in on saturday. 4 Norwich fans made the journey to crewe without tickets, arriving at crewe at about 9.30am. Spent the next 5 hours trying to get tickets but had absoulutly no luck at all. On just about giving up all hope of getting tickets, they spotted Dario Gradi arriving in the club car park. They approached him and asked if he could sort them some tickets and he said "i doubt it but i''ll see what i can do". The fans waited, but when the Norwich team bus arrived they crowded round that to see the players. Once the players entered the stadium the 4 fans moved back to their spot in the car park and were stunned to find Dario Gradi waiting there for them with 4 tickets for the Norwich end. He had a quick chat with them before wishing them well and headed off into the ground.

Guest CFrost
Dario Gradi and Crewe as a whole are just brill. Great supporters, great team, and they have a great manger.

Some of the most genuine and down to earth supporters I''ve ever met. Credit goes to them. And I wish them well next season.

I think that is why he is the longest serving manager in the league at the moment - not only a good manager but a really top bloke