Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

How many players you'd want us to sign have moved?

This is another way of perhaps judging whether we''ve missed out or been slow. The answer for me is that i cant recall a transfer that would have been realistic to us that i''ve been jealous of. So, Doncaster is right, it is slow and hard to get the players in.

Obviously, you want to get one step ahead of everyone else and i''m as frustrated as anyone by the lack of signings, but i''d be far more worried if all the other clubs in the championship were signing players that i''d be thinking "they could do a job forus".

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Glenn says we haven''t missed out on any targets - so i''m not worried. He knows what he''s doing.[/quote]

Just what I was going to say. It''s irrelevant really (well, I know it creates debate etc) who we want. At the end of the day, Glenn hasn''t missed out on anyone, so thats all that matter.

Exactly!!!! it annoys me all the fans moaning we haven''t signed anyone!!! so what, there is plenty of time to announce the ones we have already signed. Can you really imagine we released all the players we have and not had replacements ready to come in??? Think back to Glenn arriving and shipping out Dave striker, Hartson etc....he replaced them fairly sharpish....how....because he already knew his targets and secured them...it is the same now. You will all see soon enough just chill out, enjoy France winning the euro, collect your winnings and get ready to watch the new signings play part of the spurs friendly!!

ps. Glenn is telling the truth and we haven''t missed out on anyone...Earnie did stay in norwich recently but he was visiting and even got in some training at colney. he wasn''t a transfer target.

[quote user="Hucklin"]

Exactly!!!! it annoys me all the fans moaning we haven''t signed anyone!!! so what, there is plenty of time to announce the ones we have already signed. Can you really imagine we released all the players we have and not had replacements ready to come in??? Think back to Glenn arriving and shipping out Dave striker, Hartson etc....he replaced them fairly sharpish....how....because he already knew his targets and secured them...it is the same now. You will all see soon enough just chill out, enjoy France winning the euro, collect your winnings and get ready to watch the new signings play part of the spurs friendly!!

ps. Glenn is telling the truth and we haven''t missed out on anyone...Earnie did stay in norwich recently but he was visiting and even got in some training at colney. he wasn''t a transfer target.

[/quote]

I think you''ll find I''ll enjoy the Czech Republic winning and collecting my winnings, but otherwise I agree. lol.

Add to that... 13 other clubs haven''t signed anyone yet either.

I agree too. We won''t know if we have missed anyone too, can you imagine GR saying that he wanted a player only to lose out to another club? I can''t imagine that.

QPR will be throwqing money around a''la Chelsea and a lot of their targets will go there, even if other clubs are interested in them.

Lots of money, London club, ambitious-thats how they''ll be perceived.

A legion of players has, and will be, linked to us all Summer, but it doesn''t mean squat if we are not interested or have not approached them/their agents/their clubs.

Its likely the first we''ll know of it will be when a press conference is called, until then, like the continuing nonsense about Hoolahan (has that finally died a welcome death now?) believe nothing, I won''t, no matter how good someones "source" is.

Hang on - we''ve signed Fozzie, Tommy Wright and Manson Fowler, that''s 3! [:|]

IMO no one who we realistically would have been in for has moved anywhere, so theres nothing too much to worry about yet, but you''d hope we will have a hugely busy remainder of June/early July given how many players we need and want to get in time for preseason training.  Relying on loans coming in later in the piece is all well and good but we need to have a sound base on which to add....though given that GR has the connections to get players like Bertrand/Ched/Gibbs in from big clubs, you''d have to hope we will get decent ones (the link with Cork sounded reasonably promising).

Btw, where are the transfer lists - I can''t remember where I looked all this stuff up last year!

In the EDP this morning they have all the signings in the division so far. Only 11 clubs have brought in players, out of those only 3 id be interested in (Two being relegated clubs, and the other being QPR with all their money)

So not panicking yet.

BP - Also wondered that, is there a formal transfer list available? Or is it just a phrase?

I''m pretty sure Glenn has spoken to the players or clubs he is targeting and is just waiting for the holidays etc to clear up before he makes a move. I have a feeling that once we sign one player it will open the flood doors and we''ll have quite a few players moving in over the next few weeks.Personally I''d be happy with any of the following players in a yellow shirt next season:GorkksTaylorDavenportHoolihanWatsonBeckfordPatersonEastwood

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

In the EDP this morning they have all the signings in the division so far. Only 11 clubs have brought in players, out of those only 3 id be interested in (Two being relegated clubs, and the other being QPR with all their money)

So not panicking yet.

BP - Also wondered that, is there a formal transfer list available? Or is it just a phrase?

[/quote]

How many clubs have as few players as us though Trent???

What is really laughable... is how many clubs are talking about challenging for the play-off''s when they don''t even have enough players to field a side and as yet have proved yet again they are going to be found wanting when it comes to bringing players in?

Hoolahan and Gorkks should be done deals by now if we have money and Roeder is interested.

Earnie should of been re-signed if in Roeders words "the board promised me as much money as I want"

Yet again they are seeing what they can get for nothing and will end up with exactly that... NOTHING

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

So not panicking yet.

[/quote]

What is really laughable... is how many clubs are talking about challenging for the play-off''s when they don''t even have enough players to field a side and as yet have proved yet again they are going to be found wanting when it comes to bringing players in?

Hoolahan and Gorkks should be done deals by now if we have money and Roeder is interested.

Earnie should of been re-signed if in Roeders words "the board promised me as much money as I want"

Yet again they are seeing what they can get for nothing and will end up with exactly that... NOTHING

[/quote]

The board did not promise as much many as Roeder wanted. It was said as a passing joke. And lets see how much he gets first BEFORE we shoot the board down. If we do like we did 2 seasons ago, fair enough. But please wait until the start of the start of the season.

And why should Hoolaham and Gorkks be signed by now?  For a start, they are probably on holiday like 90% of footballers are now. And they''re not going to sign for us until they know all the clubs that are interested, and talked to them all.

So not panicking yet.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Same old Smudger - you must get sick and tired of picking up the shitty end of the stick.

How do you  not know that we have not already signed Hoolahan and are going to announce it when the time is right for GR?

Are we after Gorkks?

GR obviously was not interested in Earnie as his move to Forest was announced before GR said that we had not missed out on any targets.

GR was joking about the "as much money as I want" remark.

Get your facts right!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Guess Roeder has lost the first of one of the players he was after then as Gorkks has signed for QPR hasn''t he and also agree that I thought we would go after Earnie but guess we havent got the money although like many others I have no idea of what money we have or where its all gone.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

So not panicking yet.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Same old Smudger - you must get sick and tired of picking up the shitty end of the stick.

How do you  not know that we have not already signed Hoolahan and are going to announce it when the time is right for GR?

Are we after Gorkks?

GR obviously was not interested in Earnie as his move to Forest was announced before GR said that we had not missed out on any targets.

Get your facts right!

[/quote]

Sorry, but that is ludacrious. Why would the club hide the fact we had sealed a player?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Guess Roeder has lost the first of one of the players he was after then as Gorkks has signed for QPR hasn''t he and also agree that I thought we would go after Earnie but guess we havent got the money although like many others I have no idea of what money we have or where its all gone.

[/quote]

I don''t think he has signed for anyone at the moment - depending on which paper you read he''s wanted by QPR, Burnley, Ipswich, Norwich.  Oh...and Everton.

So not panicking yet.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger, Go to BBC Sport/FootballChampianship/transfers and tell me all the players listed for June Transfers that we have missed out on. The only 2 worth any mention are Commons and Earnmore

To answer the original question - would have liked to see Earnshaw here (20 goals assuming not injured) and also Commons (who was on a free and has potential).

I think those two, along with Hoolahan, Taylor, Cork and Bertrand (loans) would have given us the basis of a half-decent side for under £4M spent.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

So not panicking yet.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are we after Gorkks?

Get your facts right!

[/quote]

Lets see if our Glenn is joking in September shall we?

When he is left with a threadbare squad and nothing but excuses to make until Christmas...

I for one will certainly be laughing at him and fools like you then Bunny Boiler... [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

So not panicking yet.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are we after Gorkks?

Get your facts right!

[/quote]

Lets see if our Glenn is joking in September shall we?

When he is left with a threadbare squad and nothing but excuses to make until Christmas...

I for one will certainly be laughing at him and fools like you then Bunny Boiler... [:D]

[/quote]Do you think Glenn Roeder would have released/sold as many players as he has if he was told the money was not there? Would the club have let him?A joke - Glenn aught to mention your name next time!

Can I just point out that according to the BBC list and the Sky Sports equivelent Connolly hasn''t signed for anyone yet either and he was very strongly linked with Derby.And in his case it should be reletively straight forward as a now unatached player.Kommons is the only player on that list that may have been worth a punt but then again it has been a long while since he played at this level and there is nothing to say that he is more than average at this level.The only other that is even interesting is this:David Stockdale [Darlington - Fulham] UndisclosedI don''t know much about Stockdale so I can''t even comment.

When he is left with a threadbare squad and nothing but excuses to make until Christmas - Smudger

Everyone seems to jump on any criticism by Smudger, but the last 4 seasons should give you plenty of reason to doubt the fake optimism, promises, enthusiasm, and bravado coming out of the board room.  We brought in a lot of nothing the promotion summer, Ashton SHOULD have been signed then, not in January, Earnshaw was a fair replacement but was let go and not fairly replaced, and so it goes. 

Had they signed Taylor for his value in January instead of trying to cheap their way to him, who knows, maybe we could have kept that push to the playoffs alive, much like we did 2 seasons before promotion, recovering from a pretty poor 1st half of the season.

Why can''t they just get some quality players signed early, introduce them to the system, and get the accustomed now instead of trying to cram it in on some last minute signings or unproven talent (or lack of talent)?  If Hoolahan is "all that and a bag of chips", then SIGN HIM FOR WHAT HE IS WORTH.  You know darned well that someone else will be willing to pay the price.  He won''t come here for less than he can get somewhere else, will he!?

Smudger''s lack of faith in the board is not unwarranted pessimism, it is based on recent experience. Good God, we have at least 24,000 fans pouring through the turnstiles each home game!  And all we get from the board is, " we have no money"!  Why is everyone but me getting free tickets?