Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Clint Easton

I know Easton has (or had) his critics during his time at the club, but was I the only one shocked to see Zema Abbey get a medal even though hes really not done all that much for 3 seasons, whereas Easton in his time here - no he didnt do that much - but he had the good run at the playoffs 2002, and at least he actually scored 2 goals this season. I don''t have anything against Abbey, but to cancel Eastons contract less than a week before the ceremony so he can''t get a medal and then give Abbey a medal seems harsh to me.

And yes, i was one of Easton''s critics while he was at the club i admit that!

Had to watch the whole thing on tv, and listened to radio norfolks coverage. Am so annoyed that I couldn''t make it tonight...

OTBC!

I think i agree with you here alex, and I think Notman problably deserved a medal as much as Abbey did.

Absolutely right Alex. I can''t understand that - whatever Easton''s technical failings, he always seemed to try, whereas on the few occasions Abbey''s played, he has rarely looked like he could be bothered. Very odd.

There were 23 medals and they were

Green
Crichton
Edworthy
Briggs
Mackay
Fleming
Shackell
Drury
Brennan
Rivers
Henderson
Cooper
Mcveigh
Holt
Mulryne
Francis
Huckerby
Mcveigh
Roberts
Mckenzie
Svenson
Abbey
Jarvis

I do think some of the recipients did not really merit the award of a winners medal, and really devalues the efforts of those whose achievements earnt the medal.

I trust everyone on the back room staff who greater efforts than a number of the 23 received due recognition.

Why didn''t player No 13 get a medal, if anyone dersves it they certainly do, played every game this season, and what a blinder every time.

I think it is very harsh on Easton to leave him out. Even though the time is right for him to leave I still feel he''s made a positive contribution and deserves recognition. Like him or loathe him he was a team player, and like I said on a previous thread the photos of him on the run to Cardiff show he absolutely loved playing here.

And I think Crouch should have had Abbeys medal. Nothing against Abbey, but he didn''t play a game.

But it doesn''t really matter as we''ve just seen our team parade the championship trophy through the streets of Norwich!!!!!

I agree with the general gist of this thread so far but was concerned by DD''s post that suggested that we will be offering Zema another contract and medal was an indicator to that.

Zema is "good behind the scenes" and helps motivate the boys but is that enough to justify a new contract? New contracts should be awarded on merit on performances on the pitch. I feel sorry for Zema that his injury problems have been prolonged and severe but football is a harsh world (ask Iwan). There can be no footballing justification this year why Zema should be wearing yellow and green next season, especially now we are Premiership.

Good luck with the rest of your career, Zema, but its not going to be in Norfolk.

Clint is no longer with the club and there are limits to the number of medals awarded - the club obviously decided that the didnt want the expense of awarding one to him despite his 10 appearances - the same number as Cooper. I am not too concerned at Clint not getting a medal tho.

Are we sure that Crouch has not got one - could he get one by post, so to speak - villa may not have allowed him to attend last night - anyone know the answer? IF we have him as a target I would have ensured that he gets a medal even if he couldnt attend yesterday - softening him up ready for the negotiations and showing him we wanted him and valued want he contributed during this season. If he has not go one is he really a target?

I am also surprised that Zema got a medal although contrary to messages above he did play in all three league games before his injury. Perhaps it is a reward for his time here or simply an indication that his contract will be extended or renewed during the summer. A surprise to me but it would be a bit harsh to exclude him on the basis of a serious injury - without which we would have had no Hux etc.

Fantastic day yesterday tho...

actually abbey played a huge part in our promotion, he was injured at bramall lane, and guess what happened soon after

yes, the loan rangers

but have to agree with the majority here, easton played a bigger part in our season

I would like to see Abbey given another year. We have invested so much time and money and I don''t think we''ve seen his full potential. I don''t think he''s ever played a full season for us. Who knows, he might be the target man we''re looking for. He''s certainly got the physique, we just need to see if he has the skill. What''s one more year. If he does turn out to be crap when he''s fully fit then we''ll let him go and wish him well. Imagine if you will though that we let him go for nothing and he turned out to be excellent, being sold for Xmillion in a few years. We''d be pretty sick. One more year isn''t going to break the bank.

Sorry, completely forgot Abbey played at the start of the season. and I was at all those games, doh! It does seems like a different season though, in my mind it didn''t really begin till the loan players came in.
I hope Crouchy got a medal through the post.