Sign in to follow this  
Hog

In defence of Roeder (and ncfclad!)

Just for a moment let me play Devil''s Advocate, there were three players heavily linked to us, whilst being hawked around by their agents for all to see. These three players were:

Bell, linked this way and that, one minute he is going to Coventry, then us, then whoever. Then there is Holohan or however you spell is name! If reports are to be believed then countless clubs were very keen, and we were one of them. Some reports claim we have won that race. And finally there is Rigters, publically put up for sale, linked with a few clubs including us.

And my point is???    Well, the way it seems to work at this time of year is that players are in and out of the papers, and internet sites, speculated with everyone time time again until someone publically wins the race and the news is over. But in this case, for these three players the news seems to be over without anyone winning the race. All of a sudden it goes silent, is there a chance that we have in fact signed all three and are just waiting for various people''s holidays to finish?

I maybe wrong but a tiny voice in the back of my head (which I am pretty sure is not the work of Wiz) is starting to say "just maybe" this is true.

You maybe right, but I think the distrust from us fans towards the board has everyone doubting.  It''s hardly suprising that fans feel the way they do, the Club has said nothing really, maybe because there is nothing to say on signing''s, the fans must feel like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed bull****, and the fans are getting anxious and that in turn turns to doom and gloom.  It might be nice for the Club to actually say we have X amount of players who have had medicals, and before the end of July you will see new faces.  Sort of gives the fans some hope.

For some reason, this season I feel totally different, Im not anxious, Im not stressed, and Im not feeling gloomy, I don''t know why that is, gut instinct maybe.  Or maybe it''s because I feel if I were in the board and GR position I would be saying ''''this season we have to get it right''''.

I hope and pray that the Club have backed GR, and what GR has said that he hasn''t lost any of his targets is a sign of better things to come.  We shall see.

i think that perhaps one maybe two have indeed signed but like Otsemobor last year we are waiting until july 1st to officially unveil them...

Roeder  is his own man, he won''t be rushed or bullied.... if glen would prefer to wait then he''ll wait...

With regard to Hoolahoop it could even be blackpool have asked us to wait until july 1st in order to give them time to get their replacement in...

It could also be that all the internet talk is just that... talk...!

But as they say... there''s no smoke without fire..!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Just for a moment let me play Devil''s Advocate, there were three players heavily linked to us, whilst being hawked around by their agents for all to see. These three players were:

Bell, linked this way and that, one minute he is going to Coventry, then us, then whoever. Then there is Holohan or however you spell is name! If reports are to be believed then countless clubs were very keen, and we were one of them. Some reports claim we have won that race. And finally there is Rigters, publically put up for sale, linked with a few clubs including us.

And my point is???    Well, the way it seems to work at this time of year is that players are in and out of the papers, and internet sites, speculated with everyone time time again until someone publically wins the race and the news is over. But in this case, for these three players the news seems to be over without anyone winning the race. All of a sudden it goes silent, is there a chance that we have in fact signed all three and are just waiting for various people''s holidays to finish?

I maybe wrong but a tiny voice in the back of my head (which I am pretty sure is not the work of Wiz) is starting to say "just maybe" this is true.

[/quote]I think you''re 2 out of 3 right sir and an excellent post also.

Sound reasoning Sal.  It all sounds very feasible the way you''ve put it but... (there''s always one isn''t there).... didn''t Luton say publicly that we were nowhere near their valuation of Bell and that they hadn''t heard any more from us?  If we have actually signed them, which I sincerely hope we have, and are just waiting for holidays to end, why have their clubs not said they''ve gone? After all, what''s stopping them? I''m afraid that the little voice in my head (which quite possibly could be the work of Wiz as it''s being very negative) is saying "no deal, unless it''s a done deal and published on the official site.

Very good post and very very feasible. I would say that 2 out 3 of your suggestions are spot on!

Or perhaps the club are waiting to unveil A long list of players all at once so as to create the "wow Norwich just signed X amount of players" as opposed to the daily press conferances of last summer (the synicall amongst us will say that that all those press confrances must cost the club money and that it would be a cost cutting exercise) but think how it would look for Norwich to announce the signings of 6+ players at the same time.

I think the word is

Spin.

First of all its a well written post....

however i''m not sure whether I agree with you, with regards to the semmy deal last year, everyone knew way before july 1st that he was signing and I think this would be the case with the 3 mentioned players..

Its very hard these days for a club to keep the signing of a player quiet before he''s unveiled officially due to the advances in communication and media, with GR on holiday up and until now I would also be extremely surprised if any player has signed on the dotted line especially after he himself mentioned about players coming in, in the next ''''3 to 4 weeks'''' at the start of June. I have no doubt that during his so called holiday his phone would have been a hot wire as he''s not one to rest on his laurels that is for sure, but as to whether the players have actually signed I would be extremely surprised by this

• 2 transfer fees
  • 4 bosman frees
  • 5 prem loan signings

I think this is widely agreed of how GR will spend the budget