Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Euro 2008 - What are your bets?

Just intrigued if anyone has gone for some audicious bets, and also is anyone''s bets mucked up already? anyone go for Italy to win for instance?

• Portugal to win the tournament ---- 15/2
  • Fernando Torres for top goalscorer ---- 9/1
  • When a team is Elimated(I''ve chose these 7 all to get knocked out at the group stage bar croatia) ---- 18/1

1. Switzerland
  2. Turkey
  3. Poland
  4. Austria
  5. Romania
  6. Russia
  7. Croatia (to go out in the Q/F''s)

So those are mine, not too bad in these very early days but i wouldnt mind a few goals from the spaniard today, not least for my fantasy euro team in the pink''un league, haha!

it all started of so well with 4 wins from 4

then yesterday i had a bet on france to win. then to cover my lose i betted on under 2.5goals on holland game which looked a cert pre match after promising myself not to bet for the sake of it

so now im bout even. had tickle of spain today to win

tournement bets i have

klose to be germany top scorer - 2/1 - looks in trouble

austria to finish 4th - 1/1 - game vs poland will decide it

croatia to qualify 4/5 - 3pts in bag but look poor

italy win tournement - 12/1 - placed after game last night. could quite easily won and look much better than france did. remember doesnt matter where you come you all end up in 1/4s if you come top 2

£1 free sun bet - torres top scorer

i placed £2 e/w on the following

benzema top scorer 35/1 - looks shocking

huntelaar top scorer 60/1 - thought he wouldnt be a sub lol

ribery top scorer 70/1 - takes pens, looks france got 2games left so doubtful

villa top scorer 22/1 - just hoping spain dont go 4-5-1

ballack top scorer 40/1 - hoping he gets 2 vs the austrians

Iv been a bit ambitious! But hey, its a major tournament, so here goes:-

• Spain to win outright - 11/2
  • Czech Rep. to win outright (each-way) - 20/1
  • Spain+Germany to both get maximum 9 points - 18/1
  • Spain, Germany, Italy, Czech Rep. to win groups - 20/1

• And very ambitious: 1st Czech Rep, 2nd Portugal. 1st Germany, 2nd Croatia. 1st Italy, 2nd Holland, 1st Spain, 2nd Greece - 650/1!

I feel Italy may let me down.

Spain to win

Holland to win

And various useless bets on each game, so far not doing well although did win money on the German / Pole scoring.

The dutch will not win though, the 3-0  means nothing but 3 points at the moment, there will more twists and turns in the "group of death" yet

[quote user="The Lord"]

Just intrigued if anyone has gone for some audicious bets, and also is anyone''s bets mucked up already? anyone go for Italy to win for instance?

• When a team is Elimated(I''ve chose these 7 all to get knocked out at the group stage bar croatia) ---- 18/1

1. Switzerland

2. Turkey

3. Poland

4. Austria

5. Romania

6. Russia

So those are mine, not too bad in these very early days but i wouldnt mind a few goals from the spaniard today, not least for my fantasy euro team in the pink''un league, haha!

[/quote]

you might want to stick a few quid on France and italy to be sent home after the next group stages,... Romania will bore their way to the 1/4 finals

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="The Lord"]

1. Switzerland

2. Turkey

3. Poland

4. Austria

5. Romania

6. Russia

[/quote]

you might want to stick a few quid on France and italy to be sent home after the next group stages,... Romania will bore their way to the 1/4 finals

[/quote]

cant see italy or france failing to win, as romania wont qualify being defensive for draws all 3

suppose there tactic is to draw vs holland - maybe pinch win but mainly to draw

then last game draw 60mins then go for it try end on 5pts

much as it is boring romania did very good job yesterday

i for one couldnt understand why france was settled for 1pt? can you

saying that value has to be 11/1 italy win tourney and france 15/1 now

one will probably qualify and have real chance of doing well

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="The Lord"]

1. Switzerland

2. Turkey

3. Poland

4. Austria

5. Romania

6. Russia

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair Jas... Romania were the more incisive team out of them and France.

France had most of the ball, but didn''t have a clue what to do with it... they seem to have no idea without Zidane and Henry.

Watching the Dutch last night was SEXY FOOTBALL... so nice to see the dirty boring Italians get exactly what they deserved for once... nice one lino... [Y] [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="The Lord"]

1. Switzerland

2. Turkey

3. Poland

4. Austria

5. Romania

6. Russia

[/quote]

[/quote]

France had most of the ball, but didn''t have a clue what to do with it... they seem to have no idea without Zidane and Henry.

Watching the Dutch last night was SEXY FOOTBALL... so nice to see the dirty boring Italians get exactly what they deserved for once... nice one lino... [Y] [;)]

[/quote]

agreed Smudger.. how quickly did holland Break on the attack?! I actually cheered the 3rd goal... absolutley beutiful stuff....

I still think Romania can do it.. its clear they are setting their stall out to defend... The more frustrated theo opposition get the more mistakes they will make... Italy could wel lend up embaressed.. going into the Romania game needing to win.. the later it gets at 0-0 the more players Italy are going to push forward... Catch them on the break and Romania could do them...

Can''t believe nobody''s going for Germany. Spain?! They are the original big tournament bottlers!

mook is Right.. Spain ALWAYS throw it away..

another team set to spectacularly fail are Portugal.... Injury to Ronaldo and thats their only attacking outlet gone./... I watched the Turkey game and everything went through him... if he got marked out of the game or injured they would lose.. they play as individuals and not as a team.. never a good idear

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

mook is Right.. Spain ALWAYS throw it away..

another team set to spectacularly fail are Portugal.... Injury to Ronaldo and thats their only attacking outlet gone./... I watched the Turkey game and everything went through him... if he got marked out of the game or injured they would lose.. they play as individuals and not as a team.. never a good idear

[/quote]

I''m not so sure to be honest Jas, obviusly any team is going to miss their star player (you only have to look as far as last night at Italy''s defense without the superb cannavaro, albeit hollands offense was a joy to watch) but i''ve seen a fair bit of Portugal and their team gel''s very well from their defence to midfield, my only concern is perhaps is the goal-scoring threat but then you look at the reigning champs Greece and you think ''How an earth are they gonna score goals?''...

• I would like Holland to win, I naturally always want the team that plays the most attractive football to win whatever competition
  • I feel the Germans CANNOT be ruled out at any tournament, very strong in midfield with good attackers, good fullbacks a reliable gk, but perhaps yet to be tested in the centre of defence
  • Spain....who knows? I have to say I think this may just be there year but again just like england perennial under-achievers
  • France, disjointed - i simply cannot see them winning this time around, for me in domenech they have the wrong coach
  • Italy...don''t rule them out, still a very good side and of course current world champions lacking a leader though to get hold of the game
  • Czech Republic...I dont think they''re go all the way but i certiantly wouldn''t be surprised if they made the semi''s

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i''ve got spain to win, and chechs each way - from different sides of the draw - hopin they meet in the final...
[/quote]

Great minds :-) David Villa looks awesome at H.T.

I put a few quid on Spain to win and for Portugal, Germany, Italy and Spain to win their groups - have a feeling Italy are going to be the weak link in that one!!

Spain haven''t had a great record of late but I always back them on the presumption that THIS will be their year - they have a decent set of players and perhaps the 2 years of extra experience since the World Cup will help give them the edge!! 

haha! well it looks like my torres bet is going dead, why was he brought off after 53minutes? oh well, great performance from david villa, but a word of warning for all those that have backed spain...they ALWAYS start these tourneys well against the poorer teams, but can they do it against the hollands, the portugese and the germans of this world?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="The Lord"]

1. Switzerland

2. Turkey

3. Poland

4. Austria

5. Romania

6. Russia

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

agreed Smudger.. how quickly did holland Break on the attack?! I actually cheered the 3rd goal... absolutley beutiful stuff....

I still think Romania can do it.. its clear they are setting their stall out to defend... The more frustrated theo opposition get the more mistakes they will make... Italy could wel lend up embaressed.. going into the Romania game needing to win.. the later it gets at 0-0 the more players Italy are going to push forward... Catch them on the break and Romania could do them...

[/quote]

I agree that Romania certainly ain''t going to be the whipping boys most people had them down for... they showed a fair bit on the break against the French the other day.

Sneijder''s goal for Holland was the best of the tounament so far.... SEXY FOOTBALL as one Mr Gullit would of said!!!

The French will want revenge on the Italians for the World Cup Final and I for one am looking forward to Gatusso & Co getting wound up over the next couple of games if things go against them... [:D]

Spain looked good today and I really would like to see them Portugal or the Dutch go on and win it.

I am also cheering Sweden too, but that more for personal reasons than the football played (don''t think they are good enough to go beyond the quarters or semi''s)... nice strike by Ibrahimovich though!!!

I still wouldn''t write the Russians off from escaping that group at Sweden''s expense maybe though... I think that 4-1 was a little harsh on them today.

Agree with what smudger said entirely. Think sweden were poor today against a very poor greek team, they were nearly as defensive as the greeks were. I have to go for holland to win. They looked superb against wales and in qualifying and whooped italy to pieces. Romania look as though they could be a cheeky bet to be the next greece, but I can''t see them scoring goals, well they can''t seem to set up decent chances for mutu to slam ''em home. We8''s 22/1 bet on Villa being top scorer looks like it''s good money!

[quote user="Canary Chris"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i''ve got spain to win, and chechs each way - from different sides of the draw - hopin they meet in the final...[/quote]

Great minds :-) David Villa looks awesome at H.T.

[/quote]even better at FT!!!tonight will show us what the chechs are made of...

[quote user="Fellas"]Agree with what smudger said entirely. Think sweden were poor today against a very poor greek team, they were nearly as defensive as the greeks were. I have to go for holland to win. They looked superb against wales and in qualifying and whooped italy to pieces. Romania look as though they could be a cheeky bet to be the next greece, but I can''t see them scoring goals, well they can''t seem to set up decent chances for mutu to slam ''em home. We8''s 22/1 bet on Villa being top scorer looks like it''s good money![/quote]lol  -  so WE8WBA is now a VILLA fan!!!

Germany to winTorres leading scorer£5 win, £5 win, £5 doubleI''ve got some other little''uns aswell.Croatia at 12/1I had sweden 3-1 Kallstrom first (125/1) and 2-1 Ibrahamovic first (sp.) (1 Greece goal away! 45/1)and Spain 2-0 Torres first......So not much luck so far thenHuh? [:^)] I''ll pop down bookies today see what I can get for the Portugal game

i had a £20.00 - 7 match accumulator on the first round of matches:

Czech Rep to beat Switzerland

Portugal to beat Turkey

Croatia to beat Austria

Germany to beat Poland

Spain to beat Russia

Sweden to beat Greece

and the bloody French to beat Romania......

damn surrender monkeys cost me £2500.00

come on davidddddddddddddddddddddddd

villaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

not getting to confident yet, but looking half decent, mind you germans bound to stuff austria by least 4 so depends where goals go that game was hoping klose or ballack. cant have podolski scoring many now please

[quote user="shannockbob"]

i had a £20.00 - 7 match accumulator on the first round of matches:

Czech Rep to beat Switzerland

Portugal to beat Turkey

Croatia to beat Austria

Germany to beat Poland

Spain to beat Russia

Sweden to beat Greece

and the bloody French to beat Romania......

thats extrememly unlucky, that was a good bet in theory....oh well back to the drawing board i guess

damn surrender monkeys cost me £2500.00

[/quote]