Sign in to follow this  
NCFCTookie

Who Is The Best Player In The World????

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

LMAO @ Gerrard!

id say Kaka for thebest player in the world.. he makes Cristiano ronaldo look sunday league with some of the things he can do!

jas :)

[/quote]Totally agree Jas.  Kaka is for me the best in the world.  He is just pure class and he is by far the most intelligent footballer around at the moment.  Having said that, Ronaldo is without the most effective footballer around.  He is strong, quick and very, very direct but there are certain players (Ashley Cole, Gary Neville) who have had him in their pocket in big games.

Gerrard!!! Please, be serious.He''s not even the best player in his team

Why is everybody saying no to Gerrard???There''s no player in the world that can offer what he offers to a team. When Gerrard plays well, the team plays well. He''s a magnificent driving force that dominates box to box.After all that I''m actually going to say that it depends on what you class as the overall best. I agree with an early reply about what defines the best player in the world.You''ve really got to look at who is best at doing their jobs. So really the only way to determine who is the best is to make an 11 of the best players in every position, which means that they''d all equally be the best if you see what I mean.Judging by this theory I''d say:GK - Cech RB - Daniel AlvesCB - FerdinandCB - Vidic/CannavaroLB - EvraRM - RonaldoCM - KakaCM - GerrardLM - MessiST - TorresST - Rooney

Cech

Alves   Ferdinand   Cannavaro   Evra

Gattuso   Pirlo

Ronaldo         Kaka         Ronaldinho (if to his potential)

Torres

cechalves                 terry                               puyol               evra

sneijder            kaka                            gattuso         ronaldo                                 torres                  adebayor

bench:  casillas, ferdinand, rooney, makalele, schweinsteiger

World XI:                           MarshallOstemobor    Doherty    Shackell    DruryCroft      Fotheringham    Russell     Chadwick                 Cureton        Martin

and being serious World XI based on this seasons FORM (so that excludes Kaka, Ronaldinho etc):                             CechSergio Ramos    Vidic    Ferdinand    Evra

Messi     Carrick    Fabregas    Ronaldo

Torres        Adebayor

Potential Future World XI  (Please note FM is being used to make up a good number of this team and Guardado is out of position because i can''t think of any other world class right wingers aside from Ronaldo, Messi and Jesus Navas):                          Hart Lahm       Pique        Richards        MarceloGuardado   Anderson   Javi Martinez    Nani               Aguero          Bojan(although obviously Ronaldo, Ramos, Cech, Adebayor, Torres etc would still figure in this sort of speculative team)

So according to most of you, you can somehow list the best players in the world even though most of you only watch English and Spanish football. How does that work?!Everyone in most of these teams is from the Premiership! Don''t believe everything Sky Sports tell you. That''s half the reason we''re in the mess we''re in.Gerrard is being scoffed at because all he can do is 100mph, blasting shots, passes or runs. 75% of those passes go straight out of play or back to the opposition. When he learns to play with a bit of guile, he''ll really be something.

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]fabregas, awesome player, and just as good as ronaldo, its fabregas team that lets him down
[/quote]

Yeah i know what you mean Arsenal are rubbish, tit!

[quote user="Mook"]So according to most of you, you can somehow list the best players in the world even though most of you only watch English and Spanish football. How does that work?!Everyone in most of these teams is from the Premiership! Don''t believe everything Sky Sports tell you. That''s half the reason we''re in the mess we''re in.Gerrard is being scoffed at because all he can do is 100mph, blasting shots, passes or runs. 75% of those passes go straight out of play or back to the opposition. When he learns to play with a bit of guile, he''ll really be something.[/quote]

Name someone who plays in a league other than spain, italy, france or england who could displace the names we have mentioned?thats a challenge not a swipe by the way.

Buffon

Ramos Ferdinand Cannavaro

Pirlo Gattuso

Messi Kaka Ronaldo

Torres Toni

Don''t think you would find many players that would beat any of these in their positions. This would be my dream XI. Come on Delia, get your cheque book out for them!!

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="Mook"]So according to most of you, you can somehow list the best players in the world even though most of you only watch English and Spanish football. How does that work?!

Everyone in most of these teams is from the Premiership! Don''t believe everything Sky Sports tell you. That''s half the reason we''re in the mess we''re in.

Gerrard is being scoffed at because all he can do is 100mph, blasting shots, passes or runs. 75% of those passes go straight out of play or back to the opposition. When he learns to play with a bit of guile, he''ll really be something.
[/quote]

Name someone who plays in a league other than spain, italy, france or england who could displace the names we have mentioned?

thats a challenge not a swipe by the way.
[/quote]

Ribery at Bayern? Or even Toni on his league form? He''s a monster. Diego at Bremen? Quaresma at Porto? Jo at CSKA Moscow? Arshavin at Zenit? Beckham at LA (only kidding).

To be fair, I didn''t mention the Italian or French leagues. My point is, how do we know who''s the best in the world?!? I just picked those names off my head, but I haven''t really seen them play that much. However, neither has anyone else that''s posting on this thread!

We get English and Spanish football stuffed down our throats - of course everyone thinks they''re the best. If a player is the best in the Prem then we''re told that he''s the best in either A, Europe or B, The World. They''re both pretty big places, and that''s a pretty wild statement to make - yet you hear it all the time.