Whilst we wait for new faces to appear, I am still miffed by one face who is still here and one who isn''t.

Having seen him get skinned for us at left back, I know Lappin is definitely a midfielder. I have also seen him with his cultured left foot link play, tackle, thread paces and have a cracking shot either dead ball or in play. He should be with us.

What I can''t understand is how Eagle has got another years contract. Like Lappin he has no pace but in addition -is  average at everything else plus being lightlight - a weakess in the Championship. He is a wage that could best be used elsewhere on someone who will contribute to us improving. He can only at best fill in a gap and make up the numbers. GR said he signed him because he didn''t have enough left footers in the squad. This is not a good enough reason.      

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]Eagle is my tip for player of the season next year, u heard it here first.[Y][/quote]

Maybe Roeder sees Eagle as the replacement for Huckerby. I wonder.

Maybe Eagle isn''t as bad as everyone is making out.  Have to say I was rather unimpressed when I saw him, but perhaps he has ''something'' that we''ve missed.  I guess time will tell.

Eagle is young, still learning and bulking up.  Like others I have been unimpressed so far, but Roeder sees him in training and may just be a bit more of an expert on these things than us.  If it doesnt work out we let him go in 12 months, in the meantime if his wages are going to make such a huge difference we really are in trouble.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Maybe Eagle isn''t as bad as everyone is making out.  Have to say I was rather unimpressed when I saw him, but perhaps he has ''something'' that we''ve missed.  I guess time will tell.[/quote]

If you''ve ever watched Eagle play in the highly skilled reserve league then you''ll realise you''ve not missed anything [;)]

I think if Mr Eagle were any good he would have alot more first team appearances under his belt already...

If he was 16-17-18, then I would suggest that he had a bit of potential and that he can be slowly squeezed into the team. But he is 21 now, it''s rare in this day and age of football, to have players develop a bit later. Might be wrong.

I have not seen a lot of him, but what I have seen is no more than a div 2 player, he is very lightweight, not that quick. Maybe he is under instructions to beef him self up. Hell, I hope he does well, don''t have anything against him, but I just don''t see it. GR has seen something and he will be on pittance wages wise too.

Eagle is bulking up in the gym each day so you should see a stronger version next season. Having said that i remain to be convinced and next season will be make or break for young Robert.

[quote user="james norwich"]Eagle is bulking up in the gym each day so you should see a stronger version next season. Having said that i remain to be convinced and next season will be make or break for young Robert.[/quote]john hartson had plenty of mass.dont mean he was a smash.eagle has a good left foot, but no speed, cant pass urine, cant tackle, poofy hair,whereas lappin persee is a far better alternative.

I know for a fact Robert Eagle is putting in the hours to get his fitness levels up and beef up a bit... he''s showing commitment... not sure he has had a holiday as he has been working so hard...

good luck to him i say.

jas :)

Your right, Eagles is very very unlikely to ever make the grade while Lappin although physically lacking is very cultured and has produced the goods for Norwich a few times so therefore would be the better bet. But Eagles probably on very low wages for a pro footballer while Lappin would be on a lot more?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I know for a fact Robert Eagle is putting in the hours to get his fitness levels up and beef up a bit... he''s showing commitment... not sure he has had a holiday as he has been working so hard...

good luck to him i say.

jas :)

[/quote]

Whilst Eagle didn''t look the greatest in his limited opportunities he did look capable of putting in some decent crosses - I seem to recall him setting up a goal for Earbie with a peach of a cross. Fair play to the lad if he is putting in the hard work - it''s a shame that the likes of the Jarvis boys and Martin didn''t do the same!!

I would also keep Lappin, decent left foot & scores the odd cracking goal. Got to be worth keeping for that and the fact that he can play in a couple of different positions.

We have got to remember, Eagle has only played 10 games (i  think). Give him another 10 and we will see if he''s any good.

Heres another perspective... Eagle stays but his competition for the wing in terms of other youth, Bally Smart, was released. This was a player who was the fastest at the club, considering that we have a Scouse rocket at right back he must have been pretty damn quick! Anyways, I would say that was definate potential to do well for us, but hes gone and Eagle is still here... so there must be something that makes him better that we cant see.

Give him a chance

And then burn his silly hairstyle off if he fails