Sign in to follow this  
Canary Chris

Norwich or England?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If you change the question slightly for the sake of argument...

You have a ticket to see Norwich play, let''s say, we8''s mob in one hand...

And a ticket to see England play, let''s say, Sweden in the other....

They kick off same day same time...

Which ticket would you use [:^)]

[/quote]Norwich.

Forgot to say... I would definitely choose the Norwich game and if I was at the England game instead I would spend the entire time trying to find out how we were doing. Where as if I was at our game I would maybe check Englands score at halftime. That''s the differnce for me.

nutty -

if england say 1/4 final over league ordinary league match then england

if england friendly over league match then my team

if england world cup final or wolves playoffs i would say wolves playoffs, but until england win something again id prob go for world cup final as my team could get their again england prob cant

and to be able to say i seen them win the world cup live would be rather special

I would play for England but insist on wearing a Norwich shirt, f**k the rules, I wouldn''t pass the ball either, just dribble, score a few rocket goals and throw a few vicious tackles in on who ever I fancied, might get Norwich noticed outside Norfolk for once!

I''d rather play for England without hesitation. And if I was playing for City for say £10,000 a week and a big club at home or abroad came in and offered me £40,000 a week, I''d move like a shot (as would all of you if you''re really honest). In fact, I''d probably move for £2,000 a week more. If any of you disagree with this perceived "lack of loyalty" to my hometown club - just imagine being offered a £2,000 a week increase to move to a rival company to where you work now. Would you stay loyal to a firm you''ve worked for for years? I very much doubt it!

it al depends on ya nationality as well.you could ask a portuguese kid, who follows a rubbish team in a lower league, if he qualified for brazil or portugal, then no question.id happily represent my country, ahead of norwich? maybe, that said i can play for ireland or romania as well haha.

It''s incredibly hard to feel patriotism for England when most of the self-proclaimed patriots are dribbling, xenephobic morons. Until being English can be seen as something positive and not an association to violent nationalism, or indeed overpaid nancy boys who care more about their wallets and airhead girlfirends, I''m gonna say Norwich.That''s not to say I dislike England, I mostly love it. It is possible to have love for your country and have a respect and liking for others too. Too bad some others are unable to see this way and as a result are bitter and sad b*stards...

[quote user="Canary Chris"]If you were good enough, would you rather play for Norwich or for your country? I''d rather play for Norwich hands down![/quote]

if i was playing for england. that would mean i was playing for a top club, i`d play my heart out for that club, but let my contract run down and sign for norwich on a bosman!

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

[quote user="Canary Chris"]If you were good enough, would you rather play for Norwich or for your country? I''d rather play for Norwich hands down![/quote]

if i was playing for england. that would mean i was playing for a top club, i`d play my heart out for that club, but let my contract run down and sign for norwich on a bosman!

[/quote]

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say Greg. 

Personally if I was ''good enough'' I would probably have come through Norwich''s academy anyway being a local boy, so would have started my career here, probably be sold as soon as I show any potential to fund some building works, etc and make it to the top.  Then play for England, make the millions playing in the Prem then make an emotional comeback to Norwich on a bosman and very little wages just for the love of it!

Think I have put far too much thought into this lol!!!