Sign in to follow this  
Canary Chris

Norwich or England?

Norwich every time. Especially seeing as our National team area a bunch of losers. 

[quote user="we8wba"]but i care more for my club than my country - supporting wise[/quote]You''re a regular at Carrow Rd then lol.  [:D]

Norwich City....

Being able to play for england, Scotland and Switzerland i''d opt to play for Switzerland nationally... because id stand a better chance of getting a game.. got lots of family over there too....

jas :)

[quote user="San Miguel"]what''s wrong with both...?[/quote]

Nothing!, if you look at my question it says which would you rather play for. There is no written contract for when you finally make that breakthrough into the professional game. :-P.

you could always do what former Binnie David Johnson did and play for Jamaica, before getting in the Northern Ireland squad and declaring yourself for Wales and Scotland before FIFA finally got Peed off and said u had to play for England...

Altogtether now..

David Johnsons Illegitimate

He''s got 30 Birth certificates....

;)

id rather play for my country than my club

but....

id rather my team have success of the national team

I think I''d rather play for England.  If I was that good, I would be fabulously wealthy.  Later, I would demand to be traded to my club, even if it was Pipsqueak United or some other non-descript team. That way, I could eat my cake and have it too.  MMmmmmmm, caaaaaaake.

i would rather play for norwich once, than england 100 times, if i was a pro footballer, i would rather play for ireland

Norwich, no contest.

Given the choice of us getting promoted next season or England winning the World Cup in 2010, again, no contest-promotion for Norwich.

You can''t help the country you are born in but you choose your football team.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

you could always do what former Binnie David Johnson did and play for Jamaica, before getting in the Northern Ireland squad and declaring yourself for Wales and Scotland before FIFA finally got Peed off and said u had to play for England...

Altogtether now..

David Johnsons Illegitimate

He''s got 30 Birth certificates....

;)

[/quote]

We got a right laugh out of him Jas ...

[8] You don''t know where you were born....

He never managed to do us any harm when he was at scum..

But he got his own back a bit when he went to forest [:$]

Funny how many people there are that would always take club over country. And still shout, whinge, moan and bleat when the national team does badly!

I think Spain is similar - because of the basque/catalan thing, plus with Real Madrid & Barca, nobody really gets too excited about the Spain national team. Perhaps the same thing is happening over here? And the team is suffering as a result.

Every fan takes club over country. Perhaps our players do too?

What a no brainer - how can you say you would rather play for your club over your country. Thats the problem now - patriotism doesn''t exist. There should be no prouder feeling than playing for your country.

what is there to be patriotic about? this country is on the decline and everyone englishman is getting shafted from all angles, once this country does something for me then il support it, il always choose my club over country.

[quote user="filthyrich"]what is there to be patriotic about? this country is on the decline and everyone englishman is getting shafted from all angles, once this country does something for me then il support it, il always choose my club over country.[/quote]

Its that attitude that is the problem

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]What a no brainer - how can you say you would rather play for your club over your country. Thats the problem now - patriotism doesn''t exist. There should be no prouder feeling than playing for your country.[/quote]I feel no affiliation with the England players such as JT and Stevey G (*vomit*) but I do for the team that run out at Carrow Road and would take far more pride in running out for NCFC.  In anycase we live in a multicultural society now where people have so many different roots.  NCFC all the way!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"][quote user="filthyrich"]what is there to be patriotic about? this country is on the decline and everyone englishman is getting shafted from all angles, once this country does something for me then il support it, il always choose my club over country.[/quote]

Its that attitude that is the problem[/quote]"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel"Samuel Johnson

If you change the question slightly for the sake of argument...

You have a ticket to see Norwich play, let''s say, we8''s mob in one hand...

And a ticket to see England play, let''s say, Sweden in the other....

They kick off same day same time...

Which ticket would you use [:^)]