Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I've Had Enough Of This!.

Now look here Doomcaster & Co!, The Wiz is starting to get really fed up & depressed over the holy trio saga. Either sign em, or shut up with your usual excuse''s.

These three would give us the best chance in nine b***dy years of getting back were we belong. I''ve heard all the risk theories from you, and others on this board time and time again. But I don''t give a monkeys a**e!. We Must take this risk, Now.

They (Crouch, Huckerby and Harper) have proved that they can do it, NW (OK, even I will back him from now on) if he''s given the tools he can deliver, if the Club miss this oportunity, WE will regret it forever, plus and I really believe this, large sections of the City faithful, will find it very hard to forgive you and the board. (Remember the fate of a certain Mr Chase!)

Can you imagine come next May, and the ''binners'' have made it into the Premiership, and City have''nt. Try filling the new stand then, and facing the fans at forum''s next season!.

Well i''m sure he''s gutted that you''ve had enough wiz! They''re not going to expose all their movements behind the scenes to rival clubs just to placate you!
And you obviously haven''t read Doncaster''s article properly. Let me refer you to a few choice paragraphs that may help get things through to you:

"Although the Board cannot make any of Nigel''s decisions for him, the Board can do all that it can to free up funds to be added to Nigel''s player budget. But this is the difficult bit.

"There is no pot of money that the Club can dip into to. And because no player can ever give the Club the certainty of promotion, no bank is going to lend us money to finance that sort of gamble.

"The phrase ''speculate to accumulate'' is one that has graced many of the letters that we have received over recent weeks. And whilst we can all clearly see the financial prize that promotion would win for the Club, we must not be blind to the consequences of gambling and losing, as so many other clubs have done to their cost."

Loans need to be secured against something, and the possibility of promotion is not good enough. Gate receipts are a certainty, that''s what we secured the 15mil against, so there''s no more where that came from.
WE DON''T HAVE THE MONEY AND THE BANKS WON''T LEND IT.
So change the record, and then maybe others who keep having to tell you the same thing will too! More loans, that have the same effect that these three did - that''s the best we can hope for. And if they do have the same effect, we''ll all be where we want to be in 6 months!

Perhaps the wizard would fell happier south of the border.

Lord Sheepy " So what do you do ? A fly midhalf thingy ? Never mind dear boy, I''ve signed the contract just fill in what you need "

Wee George " Och aye av got yon marshall yu lairdship, if ye''ll jest hand oot a few more million we''ll only have a few more company cars ta fill " .................................

Lord Sheepy "I say you chaps the rotters have changed the fixtures, we''ve got all the small clubs next year and that banker chappie says we owe him a lot of money, yikes "

Yes wizard, maybe you would be happier discussing who next needs to be thrown out of the sinking balloon that is ipswich. Maybe that''s the way you think we should go.

Over £60m in two years in the Premiership yet they now have crippling debts.

A massive £25m loan that will hang around them for another 25 years and they own virtually zilch land/property wise. I don''t think the full implications have sunk in there yet.

You are probably looking at the next Sheff Wed or QPR.

Just wait till there is a done deal next week and then start griping about lack of ambition. Give the board a chance.

None of us know what is happening negotiation wise but most of us have the good sense to wait to see what happens rather than constantly making ill informed attacks on here and, I suspect, elsewhere.

1st Wizz

Take a Chill pill mate. There''s probably a very good reason why the Board haven''t come out and said they aren''t going to sign these players. Negiotations are still ongoing !!!

Okay, so we''re never going to get all 3, let''s be realistic. Add the fact that Nigel has since suggested that Harper "may" have played his last game for the Canaries, probably due to injury, and that buying Crouch was never an option. That just leaves one possible loan extension and one possible purchase.

All I''ll say for the moment is, just reread the penultimate sentence of Neil Doncaster''s comments this morning.

Puzzled? Watch this space !!!!

I agree that you can''t just ask the board to "speculate to accumulate", especially when the club are already millions in debt. Yes the Premierhip offers a pot of gold that could wipe the debt clean, providing the club didn''t invest too heavily in trying to stay there. However, as Doncaster points out, you can''t secure additional loans on the strength of a potential return to the Premiership. You may just as well walk into a bank and ask for a million quid personal loan on the strength of using it to buy a million lottery tickets with which you hope to win the jackpot and pay the bank back. The million tickets sure give you a reasonable chance of winning you money back but there is no certainty and the bank certainly aren''t going to be amused.

Nobody knows what''s going on behind the scenes. The board can see as clearly as we can what difference the loan signings have made and will doubtless have looked down every avenue available by the time they have to return, but I wish fans wouldn''t confuse a lack of ability to pay for these players with a lack of ambition. Of course the board have ambition; they would benefit from promotion as much as any terrace fan. But they have to work within the financial constraints and current climate.

The fact is that we have been a relatively small club until very recently. It is only in the last couple of seasons that attendances at Carrow Road have regularly topped the 16,000 that six years ago Doncaster reported as necessary for the club to just break even. This figure must surely have risen since then!

Delia and the board have done a fantastic job, in the last few seasons, to stabilise the sinking ship, boost attendances, explore alternative revenue streams, and fashion a respectable playing side. They want success as much as we do, but they are in posession of all the relevant facts (whereas we are privvy only to rumour, chinese wispers and hearsay) and it is not up to us to criticise them from our high horse. Of course it''s fun to speculate and to discuss with passion the club we support, but even if all three loan players are let go we should all continue to rouse and support our team. I firmly believe that the encouragement of the crowd has a huge impact on the players on the pitch and they will play with less confidence if the crowd get on their backs.

Mr Wiz

At the moment dont panic BBC have announced that we cannot afford DH. I think a lot of fans realised this and came to the conclusion that the best long term solution for the club is to buy Crouch to replace Iwan and perhaps Harper. However, I suspect Crouch is valued higher than Darren so what now. The answer in my view is to extend Crouch''s loan to the end of the season if possible and if we are promoted and Villa are relegated the price will be right. If we are not we can take stock without forking out Millions.
On the other hand I hope Mr Doomcaster realises that if he were to find a bank willing to lend money for Huckerby and Harper we would be buying them at a time when NCFC are in Div 1 and not the premiership and we would pay accordingly. If we were promoted they would have an enhanced value to add onto the balance sheet and if we didnt make it they would still have the same value and could be sold if the finances dictated. After all the deals are not the same as those that were done by the team to the south.
I have faith in our Board since this is the best chance of promotion for the last 9 years and I am sure that they know it and will not let us down. However they must also know that if we retain none of three loan players and our form dips and we are not promoted many fans will vote with their feet and they will not be able to fill the River end let alone the New stand. Just wait and see-If I am wrong I will be at the head of the march to replace the Board. There is light at the end of the tunnel and Dehlia and her colleagues will lead us to the promised land just let them quietly get on with the behind the scenes negotiations. Just remember how much notice we had that DH was coming on loan!

Memo to Master Green, I trust you are not suggesting I have any alliegence to that b***dy mob down the road in Suffolk are you?. If so, that''s damn insulting mate, I won''t even allow blue and white flowers in the garden!, so have you and others got it, I detest all current Porterloo/Sheepshearer matters OK!.

Not suggesting any allegiance wizardchap just suggesting if you want reckless spending, clueless signings and mountainous debts then rather than asking the beloved City to pursue that direction you should swap your present undoubted allegiance.

But I must applaud your dilligance regarding all matters binman.

For my part I will not allow Jamie Oliver on my television.

Not so much in deference to the true TV cooking presenter - the saintly Delia (cue choral music) but in anoyance at the mock cockney accent affected by this idiot that is so alike that of our cockney wannabe neighbours who so desperately wish us to think they are all cockneys.

Fair points Master Green, Do you or anyone else out there, know just why those blue idiots have this longing to be Londoners, Its always bothered me somewhat, God, they''re sad!.

And Yes, Deals is a saint, ( bow''s head in reverence) its some of the others that worry me.

I shouldn''t worry too much about the binner''s wish to be seen as cockneys.

Would you want people to know you were from suffolk ?

Does rather blow a hole in their hopes when their club was sponsored by a fertiliser firm, the chairman is called sheepshanks and there is a donkey on your club badge.

Any wonder the BBC laughingly called them the tractor boys

Yeah but what would really p*** me off this season is that after they went into Administration and had to sell their best two players for just over a million between them they went and got bloody promotion leaving us in their wake yet again. That would really be too much to swallow and lets face they are looking good at the moment although it really bugs me to say it.

Hang on a minute!, I LIVE and was Born & Bred in a Suffolk seaside Town Master Green. I have been supporting and ATTENDING City games since 1957, City season ticket holder as well, many here are!. and I''m PROUD of where I live thank you!. I''m afraid I can''t do anything about those sad blue Ba*****Ds who share and polute my wonderful county!. So have a little respect for us please, a lot of Citys fan base are from these thar parts, OK.

There''s a definite blurring of the boundary by the coast there. Quite rightly, many people from there look up to the fine Capital of Anglia for their football allegiencies rather than down to the blue dump.
Even that dozy bird Myleene Klass was on telly the other night proclaiming that the Darkness, being from "down the road from me" in Lowestoft, are Norfolk boys!!

On the ball Myleene!
Never mind the brain...