Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Is Roeder regretting dangling the carrot?

The post Hux press conference gave a good feeling of optimism, that better players were already lined up. I can''t be bothered to quote exactly but it was along the lines of new legends, and exciting players. I can''t believe he would have said that unless they are already in the bag.

I just hope he doesn''t learn the hard way and some of his ''new legends'' have already gone elsewhere. I have a bad feeling he is going to regret saying this.

He did that to try and diffuse some of the criticism coming his (and the clubs way). Of more concern to me is the inference from some of his interviews that when he joined he was told he would have plenty of money to spend if we stay up. If it now transpires he doesn''t and he starts missing out on his key targets because we cannot compete financially you do wonder how Roeder will react. Judging by some of his outbursts since he''s been at the club my guess would be not particularly well!

Of course he was lied to, BS baffles brains, but his once his name was on the dotted line....too late. Its just sad now that he has taken a leaf out of City Board and is now hoping to do the same to us...BS baffles brains!! open your eyes, its not rocket science!!

[quote user="Big Dave"]

The post Hux press conference gave a good feeling of optimism, that better players were already lined up. I can''t be bothered to quote exactly but it was along the lines of new legends, and exciting players. I can''t believe he would have said that unless they are already in the bag.

I just hope he doesn''t learn the hard way and some of his ''new legends'' have already gone elsewhere. I have a bad feeling he is going to regret saying this.

[/quote]

With that title I was almost certain that this thread would be about you know who........[:D]

I''m sure he regrets it... I mean - he''s had 2 working days of an open window and still has practically full 3 months to sort it out. Yep... I bet he is a in a right sweat.

[quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]

Dangling the Carrot -  Is that a euphemism for something ??

Keep it clean, lads......... [6]

[quote user="ob1"]I''m sure he regrets it... I mean - he''s had 2 working days of an open window and still has practically full 3 months to sort it out. Yep... I bet he is a in a right sweat.
[/quote]

Really !!! how blinkered.........................pre season in 4 weeks.................how does that equate to 3 months ?? 

[quote user="Jim Smith"]He did that to try and diffuse some of the criticism coming his (and the clubs way). Of more concern to me is the inference from some of his interviews that when he joined he was told he would have plenty of money to spend if we stay up. If it now transpires he doesn''t and he starts missing out on his key targets because we cannot compete financially you do wonder how Roeder will react. Judging by some of his outbursts since he''s been at the club my guess would be not particularly well![/quote]

If he doesn''t get the money he will walk, and then things may get very ugly. My view is that at least GR thinks he is going to be backed with a reasonable amount of funds, otherwise he would''nt be here.

We all know the past track record of the Board in "supporting" the Manager. I hope for all our sakes that the funds really are there this time, because if they are not then it''s Div 1 and significantly lower atendances in 2009-2010. Personally I think there will be funds of 3 - 4 million available, simply because the alternative to this is too dire to contemplate, and even our Board realise that.