Sign in to follow this  
Flyin High

New Away Kit - Today

With the unveiling of the new away kit today, does anybody have any ideas to what it will look like. I’m really hoping it will be black with the lotus gold trim.

Web team – Any ideas on what time you’ll have some photos?

OTBC

Canries World have already shown it to us. Not sure about the vertical stripes...Will need to take a closer look. The new neckline looks interesting enough! And at least it''s not black and gold!!

Anyone who''s registered on "Canaries World" have got a sneak preview. Looks very nice with a two tone Racing Green (from what I can make out) and "Lotus Cars" emblazoned accross the front of it. Badge also moves to the middle. Looks great!

I think I''ll get mine on order now!

Just a point why do we need a new away kit, surely there will be no Prem teams playing in Yellow or Green.

The first synical ploy to extract hard earned from cash cow.

I have to say, I''m very disappointed with that - it hardly seems worth having a new kit, if those are the only differences. Although I''m not one to usually moan about these things, I think Peter may have a point, releasing an away shirt which is very similar to the previous one does smack a little of cynical marketing........

Opportunity missed by the club? Quite possibly - lots of people probably won''t bother buying one as it is so similar......

But surely that is still missing the point - why bother to launch a new away kit when it is virtually identical to the old one? I know the same can be said every time we have a new home shirt, but at least you KNOW the home shirt will be yellow & green before it comes out........anyway, despite my moaning, I will still buy one, I''m just a little disappointed with them......

I don''t think its identical at all really. We''ve found a colour that we like for our away strip and we''re sticking with it and just altering the design. Isn''t that what we do with our home kit? I like the idea of trying to introduce some tradition into our away colours.

Yep, I''m disappointed too, but I''m a fan of good old green and yellow and don''t think I could blag buying both home and away, Mrs Morty would not be amused!

I see what you''re saying, and to an extent I agree - the current away kit is the best we''ve ever had in my opinion, and had this kit been with us for two years, I probably wouldn''t be so bothered.......

Don''t get me wrong, I do like the new kit, and as previously stated, will almost certainly buy one, I would just have liked to see a little more imagination I guess

the reason that they are changing is that they need to get into a cycle ie one year cahnge home kit,the next year change the away kit. and it has to start sometime.so next year the home kit will change

Guest CFrost
I like it. Ok it does look like a humbug but its cool. V. classy.

I''ve just seen the new kit on Anglia News and I have to say I''ve changed my mind about it, it looked a lot better on there than it did in photos, Mrs Morty is going to kill me when I tell her I''m buying another top!!

I hear that the fitted shirts for us gals has the City badge in the usual place as opposed to in the middle as on the one Hucks is wearing. Can anyone confirm this please? (For what it''s worth, I like it, but I also like the one it is replacing, so I don''t know if I''ll get this one straight away. Need to see it in-the-flesh I think).

I personnally don''t like the new kit, I didn''t like this seasons away kit either, don''t know why just didn''t/don''t like it. Just adding my opinion to this debate, people who like ti are entitiled to like it and buy it.

Ok, so we get either a new home or new away kit every season, what about the sponsorship? Are we going to have different sponsors permanently for each kit?

i shall be sticking to this year''s model, it is not different enough for me, besides i will be wearing this season''s away shirt all next season, it means something to me and i don''t buy stuff just for the sake of it

will be saving the cash to go to one of the away games instead, okay ncfc won''t get the money, but they have had enough of it in the past, i have similar feelings about their hucks shirt offering, a complete rip off for the money charged, when the y''army shirt was far cheaper, far better and more original

and i still haven''t forgotten the ''unofficial'' flag issue before the preston game, sorry merchandising dept, you will have to do better