Sign in to follow this  
Loughborough Canary

A poor division one. Really?

Just something I noticed, pointless as it is.

I guess its accepted that West Brom were a stronger team this season than they were in the 2001-2002 season when they last won promotion, given that they''d had a year in the premiership and didn''t really lose many major players after their relegation.

So why then could they only manage 86 points this season, when they were promoted with 89 points in 2002?

Does that suggest that the standard of teams in this seasons division 1 was actually higher than the Man City induced quality of the 2001-2002 season?

That''s a valid point, maybe it''s because the football pundits and media are failing to acknowledge how well Norwich have actually done. Let''s face it, Div 1 was probably no better or worse than it was during the previous few seasons. A while back I would have said it was because the top teams weren''t running away with it like in previosu seasons, but this is not really true since we finished with 94 points, and that''s a good total and 15 points clear of 3rd place is a big margin in my mind!