Sign in to follow this  
Hucks Right Leg, Eadies Left & Iwans Head

Earnie - I didn't want to leave!!!

At the time he made plenty of noises about leaving and I think he said that he would have left for any premiership club and as you say if he really want to stay he would have rejected the offer.  I think the reason he is saying all this now is because he knows the dervy move didn''t work out and he would have been much better off staying in Norwich, so it was a mistake to leave.  Also he doesn''t want to be booed when he comes to carrow road, but surely it is to late for that.

It was an offer the City board were contractually obliged to accept, but as Derby managed just one solitary Premier League victory in 38 attempts last season, Earnshaw was candid as to whether he felt a twinge of regret for leaving Norwich in the first place.

It was more than a twinge,” said Earnshaw. “I didn''t really want to leave the team because I did like it there a lot. But it was just the fact I had a buyout clause at the time, which took affect when Derby came in with enough money.

“I had a decision to make, whether to play in the Premier League or Championship, and that was basically it.”

The statement in red = greed, glad we didn''t sign him again and backs up everything I said while his future was up in the air about not wanting him back.

Well if Paul Jewell thinks Nathan Ellington is a better option than Rob Earnshaw then he''s in for a nasty surprise.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]Well I do believe that he''s been honest atleast, none the less he will without a doubt get boo''s when he plays at Carrow Road.[/quote]

Indeed he will.

Not from me though. He scored plenty of goals for us, realised we weren''t going anywhere fast under Peter Grant and moved on when the chance of Premiership football came along. Can''t and don''t blame him for leaving.

Why boo him? He did a very good job for us and then moved on when the chance to play at a higher level for more money turned up. Who wouldn''t do that. Once again, players aren''t fans and we shouldn''t expect them to behave that way. I have no problem with a player moving on to a bigger club especially when they''ve given their all which Earnie undoubtedly did.

Then again, I don''t boo anyone because it''s all a bit petty and a waste of energy. I hate the culture in football of booing any ex-player. It seems very few get let off the hook these days and it''s a shame. Anyway, when we boo players it always seems to haunt us. Andy Marshall always seems to perform exceptionally well when playing against us.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]Well I do believe that he''s been honest atleast, none the less he will without a doubt get boo''s when he plays at Carrow Road.[/quote]

Indeed he will.

Not from me though. He scored plenty of goals for us, realised we weren''t going anywhere fast under Peter Grant and moved on when the chance of Premiership football came along. Can''t and don''t blame him for leaving.

[/quote]

I agree with you, people found it easy to criticise his loyalty when he left the club for Derby last summer but what people don''t always take into consideration is that they and most other people would have done exactly the same, he went to Derby to better his career, of course now we can see that it didn''t work out for him but at the time it did look a smart move given the direction we were heading.

You say he had the chance to play in the premiership and for more money, but this to me is pure arrogance.  Fair enough, every player and a lot of people''s dreams are to one day play in the premiership, but if you love the club and the team mates ( as he stated) you are with then why leave?!?!  Just because the clause was activated this still does not mean he has to leave. To me, he deserves all the boo''s he gets when he comes back to carrow road and im glad we did not get him back!!  Arrogance is a footballer''s worst attribute and a lot of them have it!  I''d prefer players who want football over money!!

[quote user="city4life"]

You say he had the chance to play in the premiership and for more money, but this to me is pure arrogance.  Fair enough, every player and a lot of people''s dreams are to one day play in the premiership, but if you love the club and the team mates ( as he stated) you are with then why leave?!?!  Just because the clause was activated this still does not mean he has to leave. To me, he deserves all the boo''s he gets when he comes back to carrow road and im glad we did not get him back!!  Arrogance is a footballer''s worst attribute and a lot of them have it!  I''d prefer players who want football over money!!

[/quote]

Arrogance and selfishness are quite often the attributes of a good striker.

We were playing rubbish football under a rubbish manager. I fully understand him taking his chance to leave. Alternatively he could have stayed and had a few more seasons of the same at Norwich and always regretted not taking his chance at playing in the Premier League. He''d have been stupid to stay.

I''d take him back without hesitation, he''s the best goalscorer you''ll get in this league and I want the best players possible to play for my club so we can be as successful as possible.

Strange how when a player wants to move, irrelavent if he has signed a 3 or 5 year contract, he always finds a way to get out of it and make the move, hence the ''contracts are worthless'' term.  If Earnalot had wanted to stay he could have but he saw the money.  Don''t look to Norwich fans for any sympathy.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Strange how when a player wants to move, irrelavent if he has signed a 3 or 5 year contract, he always finds a way to get out of it and make the move, hence the ''contracts are worthless'' term.  If Earnalot had wanted to stay he could have but he saw the money.  Don''t look to Norwich fans for any sympathy.

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s just a question of money though. He wanted to play in the Premier League and Derby offered him the opportunity. Plenty fair...

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Strange how when a player wants to move, irrelavent if he has signed a 3 or 5 year contract, he always finds a way to get out of it and make the move, hence the ''contracts are worthless'' term.  If Earnalot had wanted to stay he could have but he saw the money.  Don''t look to Norwich fans for any sympathy.[/quote]

I don''t think it''s just a question of money though. He wanted to play in the Premier League and Derby offered him the opportunity. Plenty fair...

[/quote]If that''s the case then he was ill advised to believe Derby were ever going to compete in the Premiership, so I''m sticking with ''I''m going to get as much money as possible for a season''. 

absolute crap!!! if he didnt want to leave why tell billy davies about his release clause? he will get the bird from me cos hes a greedy little t***!

I''m sure i remember reading at the time Earnies agent approached Derby and told them about the clause in his contract, money makes Earnies world go round if you ask me!

earnshaw has only come out and said that now as he has realised he has to play against norwich and doesn''t want to be booed..