Sign in to follow this  
Rum Ol Boy

Re: Chris Martin cautioned !!!! After incident outside pub in Beccles

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"] Martin has the potential to be a top striker in this league and I think he is finally starting to realise it.[/quote]

has he? so how come since he got his pro contract he hasnt scored for the club.. he has however lost fitness and put on weight from what Roeder has said..

A "top young striker" would be looking after himself, working on his finishing to get the goals and keeping the weight off.. not sponging a fortune for doing sod all so he can buy booze for him and his tiny brained friends

jas :)

Intresting that Bellers is on record that if he had stayed in cardif instead of moving to norfolk he would have ended up in no end of grief. Perhaps theres something to be said for young players being moved out of their natural enviroment where they can knuckle down away from the inevitable hangers on. Perhaps a lengthy loan spell up north might be in order?

Chris Martins always been a jumped up little turd. The big I am. Heard many stories about him getting in trouble, not just since he brokeinto the team.

[quote user="elgrande"]Chris Martins always been a jumped up little turd. The big I am. Heard many stories about him getting in trouble, not just since he brokeinto the team.

[/quote]

Hmm - interesting.  Elgrande translates from spanish as "The Biggest one".

Alright Chris ? [:)]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]From what we hear I get the impression that Martin is an arrogant thug bordering on chav scum but this is far from true. The interviews I have seen him do portray a young, very well spoken, confident individual. Rare for a lad of his age in todays society to be honest. He may be a little impressionable but he will grow out of that in the next year or so. He is only 18 years old isnt he? Give him a chance to mature. Martin has the potential to be a top striker in this league and I think he is finally starting to realise it.[/quote]

Probably hanging around with a bunch of idiots who are his supposed friends....

[/quote]

.....and probably Ipswich fans. Wasnt he born in Suffolk?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"] Martin has the potential to be a top striker in this league and I think he is finally starting to realise it.[/quote]

has he? so how come since he got his pro contract he hasnt scored for the club.. he has however lost fitness and put on weight from what Roeder has said..

A "top young striker" would be looking after himself, working on his finishing to get the goals and keeping the weight off.. not sponging a fortune for doing sod all so he can buy booze for him and his tiny brained friends

[/quote]

You have already answered these questions Jas. Because he didnt maintain his fitness. Simple as that. I think Roeder wanted him to put on weight, to do so maybe he had to sacrafice a bit of fitness? He scored 5 in 7 when he first hit the scene proving he can score goals at this level if he applies himself. I believe he is doing just that. He should be given a chance to pove his worth next season, last chance saloon style.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

I think Roeder wanted him to put on weight, to do so maybe he had to sacrafice a bit of fitness?

[/quote]Where did you get that idea? Martin turned up for pre-season last year overweight and lacking fitness. When Roeder arrived, he quickly summed Martin up and told him to shape up, get fit and lose weight. He hasn''t done that, but instead has shown where a career in professional football is on his list of priorities.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Indeed. He''s never going to be a "top" striker in this league. He''s got some nice touches and he can score a goal but he''s nothing special. Better than Ryan Javis but he''s no Ched Evans!

I''ve seen Martin and Cureton down Prince of wales road mouthing off to a bunch of lads!!  It is never them being victimised as such. You say one word to most footballers and there arrogance shows and they start arguin!  Especially Russell as ive seen it happen!  If you ask me they all bring it on themselves being mouthy.  As my mum has always said, there is always some1 bigger and better than you!!  Martin does not deserved a contract if he keeps getting in trouble!

[quote user="city4life"]I''ve seen Martin and Cureton down Prince of wales road mouthing off to a bunch of lads!!  It is never them being victimised as such. You say one word to most footballers and there arrogance shows and they start arguin!  Especially Russell as ive seen it happen!  If you ask me they all bring it on themselves being mouthy.  As my mum has always said, there is always some1 bigger and better than you!!  Martin does not deserved a contract if he keeps getting in trouble![/quote]

I remember Cureton when he first played for City, most weekends he could be found in the Pubs and clubs, he was arrogant and mouthy and loved himself, always trying to get in some young ladys pants, maybe he grew up and hopfully Martin will because he has so much potential, lets hope he gets in shape and starts finding the back of the net again!

I was there...i heard him tell himself just how rubbish at footie he was...and that he''d try for change of career....boxing, but he was rubbish at this as well and asked the coppers to caution him as it was the only way to get his name on the headlines!!

[quote user="nettoo"]

Chris Martin was involved in a very serious incident on 26th January outside the White Horse pub in Beccles. Him and his older brother and some friends entered the pub drunk and disorderly and were clearly trying to start a fight with anyone they could. One innocent bystander dared to tell them to calm down after one of the group shoved this bystander out of the way whilst shouting "vip coming through" (meaning Chris Martin). The group weren''t happy about being told to calm down and started arguing with the guy and acting like a bunch of drunken idiots. 

The group hung around outside (Chris Martin, his brother and friends), when the guy came out he was knocked to the ground and kicked repeatedly to his body and mainly to his head until he was unconsious - then he was kicked some more. He was kicked so hard that he suffered fractured ribs, a broken jaw and multiple bruising. The guy had emergency surgery to his face and will have to live with metal plates and screws holding his face together for the rest of his life. Chris Martin and one of his friends admitted that they punched him - hence the caution for common assault. Charges will be brought against somebody in the group later in the week.  

The victim is not a local drunk or ''chav'' as someone on here suggested, he''s just a normal mid 30s guy with a family and a  job. He''s  never discussed what happened with any papers or news rooms.  He''s kept his mouth firlmly closed to protect his family.

I''m not the person who this happened to, but I did sit at the victims hospital bed waiting for him to come out of surgery wondering if he was going to be permanently brain damaged.

I know it all seems good gossip, but the reality of what happened is far from funny.

[/quote]

Pity it isn''t the reality of what really happend.

Netoo where you there at the time? Or is this just what the ''victim'' told you? Because i can tell you i was there and this is not the true story of what happend.

Secondly if Mr Martin admitted to punching him and the person recieved a broken jaw, ribs etc he would of got more than a police caution i can assure you of that, he would of been taken to caught and most probably charged with GBH.

Lastly Chris Martin has recieved alot of bad publicity about being of the ''pub watch'' scheme which is in place in the waveney valley, yes it does sound very bad but if your from the area (beccles especially) you''ll know that half the people that go out in beccles are either on it or have been on it. A certain PC Powell (Beccles head police officer) will put you on pub watch for anything and everything, i know someone who got put on pub watch for throwing chips at a friend (in a drunken joking manner) outside a KEBAB and got put on pub watch for it!

I''m not a friend of Chris i know him but wouldn''t consider myself a close friend but the image that he is portrayed by alot of Norwich fans is far from the truth, belive me or not.

[quote user="John Smith"][

Secondly if Mr Martin admitted to punching him and the person recieved a broken jaw, ribs etc he would of got more than a police caution i can assure you of that, he would of been taken to caught and most probably charged with GBH.

[/quote]

I didn''t say he received a broken jaw etc from the punch in the face, I said his injuries were from being kicked in the head and body. I didn''t say who did the kicking either. Chris Martin (and one of his friends) admitted to punching him in the face hence the cautions (both Chris Martin and his friend  received cautions, not just Chhris Martin), his severe injuries were caused (according to the police)  by another individual from the same group after he was punched by Chris Martin.

In answer to your question, no I wasn''t there. But I have spoken to several witnesses and received full details from Mark Seargent from Lowestoft CID.

[quote user="nettoo"][quote user="John Smith"][

[/quote]

I didn''t say he received a broken jaw etc from the punch in the face, I said his injuries were from being kicked in the head and body. I didn''t say who did the kicking either. Chris Martin (and one of his friends) admitted to punching him in the face hence the cautions (both Chris Martin and his friend  received cautions, not just Chhris Martin), his severe injuries were caused (according to the police)  by another individual from the same group after he was punched by Chris Martin.

In answer to your question, no I wasn''t there. But I have spoken to several witnesses and received full details from Mark Seargent from Lowestoft CID.

[/quote]

It would go to court, how the hell do they know what injuries each punch causes? And as far as i''m aware aMr Seargent isn''t allowed to give out full details of cases to random members of the public.

If the person who did the kicking and caused the injuries had admitted to causing the injuries then the police would have a pretty good idea of who caused the injuries wouldn''t they?

I think it''s pretty clear that I''m not a random member of the public.

Such a shame really.....I really do hope he gets help and sorts himself out.....

Right, that''s my sympathetic view on the true legend that was Paul Gascoigne...

Now, what about Chris Martin? It''s up to him I suppose. Peer pressure? Arrogance? Apathy?.....He certainly looked the biz for a few games, and then........[N]

He''s still young enough, and I do suppose has the ability to become a decent player - if he shows willing and knuckles down.....

If Roeder didn''t think he was worth retaining,, I think Chrissy Boy would be meandering in non-league oblivion by now.....possibly, maybe..... 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Such a shame really.....I really do hope he gets help and sorts himself out.....

Right, that''s my sympathetic view on the true legend that was Paul Gascoigne...

Now, what about Chris Martin? It''s up to him I suppose. Peer pressure? Arrogance? Apathy?.....He certainly looked the biz for a few games, and then........[N]

He''s still young enough, and I do suppose has the ability to become a decent player - if he shows willing and knuckles down.....

If Roeder didn''t think he was worth retaining,, I think Chrissy Boy would be meandering in non-league oblivion by now.....possibly, maybe..... 

[/quote]

Firstly, I think the fracas we were asked to do from the Mirror is different from the slightly more dramatic version  posted here - in fact it was so low key that Beccles hadn''t even bothered to report it to the Suffolk Police Press Office (although that could also say something about Beccles)  and they had to get back to them before coming up with any answers.  In fact I am sure it is different because we checked with East of England Ambulance and they checked their log, said they sent a vehicle but it was not required.

If the account posted on here is correct then, as someone has observed, there is a potential GBH there and if "lying in wait" on the fringe of an Affray charge (which is Crown Court only) and that carries a maximum of up to 14 years.

I don''t know the lad myself and he wouldn''t answer his mobile so I do not know what to make of it.  Of course he will also be a target of the other local "heroes" but clearly if he doesn''t lay off the booze and the current company he keeps it looks like a possible career going up the spout.

His agent claims he has learned his lesson.  Let us hope so. 

I think he could be in the proverbial Last Chance Saloon (hopefully sticking to a nice Britvic Orange).

[quote user="John Smith"]

Pity it isn''t the reality of what really happened.

Netoo where you there at the time? Or is this just what the ''victim'' told you? Because i can tell you i was there and this is not the true story of what happend.

[/quote]

and this Netto is exactly why people shouldn''t be posting stuff like this which they''ve heard from a third party on a message board. If I was Chris I''d be asking my solicitor to investigate your claims more closely.

well  nettoo  what a fantastic story. Im sure our resident journo could''nt do better, is this the same bloke kicked senseless who was running round beccles on sunday the 28th jan , in and out of various inns As for martins lawyers. i would have thought archants briefs might be a little worried. p.s. nettoo has he nicked your girlfriend

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="John Smith"]

[/quote]

and this Netto is exactly why people shouldn''t be posting stuff like this which they''ve heard from a third party on a message board. If I was Chris I''d be asking my solicitor to investigate your claims more closely.

[/quote]

I have to agree and whilst I understand that there is no longer any full time moderation on this board I find it hard to understand why this post (netoo''s) has been allowed to stay here all day. I have no idea whether it is true or not (although I share the view that it is extremely unlikely that if Martin had taken place in a violent assault that left a man unconscious he would have been given a caution - i''m not even sure you can give a caution for assault) but if its not then I would have thought its potentially libellous. Already a number of people have clearly taken the view that it is true and Chris Martin has no opportunity to defend himself against these accusations.

All of us who live around norwich/North Suffolk have heard the stories about the pubwatch thing which appear consistent with what Camulodum has said. Personally I heard it all stemmed from some sort of fracas with members of a local rugby club. Again not sure if it is true but that sounds more like the sort of incident in which you might end up getting a caution.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="John Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

IF wrong that is certainly potentially a legal claim.  Given recent rulings re Internet it might fall under either Defamation or Libel or across the two but there''s certainly a case, IF wrong would keep a lawyer happy.

Here''s how we did the start of it:

"Norwich City star (yes, I''m talking the star bit up but not Defamation or Libel) Chris Martin has been given a police caution after becoming involved in a pub brawl in Beccles, Suffolk.

"The teenager, signed up for next season by former Newcastle and West Ham boss Glen Roeder who now heads the Norfolk outfit, was ticked off by cops after they were called to a fight which spilled into the street.

Suffolk Police said: "It was a nasty brawl but Martin admitted he was involved and he was cautioned and warned to stay out of trouble in the future." (We completely made this bit up to cover the law of cautioning).

However, there may have been two completely different incidents.