Sign in to follow this  
Rum Ol Boy

Re: Chris Martin cautioned !!!! After incident outside pub in Beccles

I''m friends with his younger brother, looks like another case of him being victimised. People just want to have a pop at him........especially rugby boys

ws he being victimised when hes beaten someone up? as roeder said his attitude sucks and hes a waster end of story. what a waste of talent, how many young lads would give anything to have what he has had? he makes me sick. 

[quote user="baldyboy"]ws he being victimised when hes beaten someone up? as roeder said his attitude sucks and hes a waster end of story. what a waste of talent, how many young lads would give anything to have what he has had? he makes me sick. [/quote]he was enjoying a drink when his brother was set upon, he stepped in and thats where it all went wrong.....why is he a waster? he''s been working hard in training and he''s lost weight and is pushing for the first team

[quote user="bass is best"]

yes, ill be looking forward to seeing him in the first team.

i hope he has improved he isnt that bad of player.

[/quote]I think he has it in him to be a useful squad player, he definately has something to offer

Must admit when i saw him at the player of the season dinner he did appear to have lost a  lot of weight and looked like he had been training hard. He''s got talent so it would be a shame to see it all go to waste.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]Still there can''t be too much to do in a dump like Beccles, except get drunk and fight.[/quote]actually Beccles is not too bad, I used to live in Bungay.............now thats a dump!

[quote user="baldyboy"]ws he being victimised when hes beaten someone up? as roeder said his attitude sucks and hes a waster end of story. what a waste of talent, how many young lads would give anything to have what he has had? he makes me sick. [/quote]

100% agreed!

im a 26 year old bloke and id do for free What Fatboy Martin gets paid to do! sooner he is shown thew door the better.. if he can fit out of it !

jas :)

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="baldyboy"]ws he being victimised when hes beaten someone up? as roeder said his attitude sucks and hes a waster end of story. what a waste of talent, how many young lads would give anything to have what he has had? he makes me sick. [/quote]he was enjoying a drink when his brother was set upon, he stepped in and thats where it all went wrong.....why is he a waster? he''s been working hard in training and he''s lost weight and is pushing for the first team[/quote]Well if he puts enjoying a drink above a possibly very lucrative career then it''s difficult to feel sympathy for him to be honest.Let''s face it, after recent headlines, he was always going to be a target for small minded, often jealous beered-up tossers in a small town like that.Has he not got the intelligence to find somewhere a little less conspicuous to have a drink? Not one to judge his decision to drink or even over- indulge occasionally, should he decide to do so, it''s his future after all.But ask yourself this, do you think Dion or Hucks spent their formative years out on the p*ss every other night?Not saying this is the case with Martin, he may have just been a very unlucky lad, but there comes a time after a certain number of headlines when you start to question his judgement rather than luck.Lets hope all the papers are talking about next season is his blossoming career at Norwich.

Sadly I think his carear is in decline even before it''s begun.  He is by all accounts someone who believed his own hype and became arrogant.  All this for a boy who has a predispositon of a chavish nature and your asking for trouble.  Can''t see his behaviour going down well with GR; Roeder srikes me as someone who would ensure a Chav lock-down amongst the Norwich playing staff, I think it''s bye bye Martin.  Silly boy.

I''m sorry but I have to step in here, I know Chris personally and I know for a fact that he isn''t even in this country. So maybe you want to check this?

[quote user="eagle"]I''m sorry but I have to step in here, I know Chris personally and I know for a fact that he isn''t even in this country. So maybe you want to check this?[/quote]I think this is old news bud

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]My god we have been invaded by the Waveney Valley "Massive"....[/quote]Innit.

Can we have GR in Plymouth then to deal with all the chavs down here?not managing the pasty team of course... just to ''lock down'' on the chavs.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]My god we have been invaded by the Waveney Valley "Massive"....[/quote]er, ok, yeah

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="eagle"]I''m sorry but I have to step in here, I know Chris personally and I know for a fact that he isn''t even in this country. So maybe you want to check this?[/quote]

I think this is old news bud
[/quote]

Unless it is a different incident we did this story some while ago.  Who started what will no doubt be in dispute but so far as Pc Plod was concerned it was a "six of one, half a dozen of the other incident" and the only thing that got it into the papers was the involvement of young Mr Martin (we don''t normally do Beccles punch ups, there''s no market).  The Mirror had a tip (and no doubt the local Chav was well pleased with his £30 if he was bright enough to ask for it and give his name and address although he won''t have received it yet - the Mirror group pay two months in arrears).

Publican did 999, tables overturned, glasses smashed, Pc Plod arrives.  Ambulance arrives (goes away).  Pc Plod takes names and addresses and some witness statements and decides no court will ever work out who did what to whom and PS: There''s too many bloody forms anyway so sod it

Result: stern (lol!) words at Police Station, cautions for several people (not just Mr Martin).

I suspect this is the same incident because if it had happened again it is unlikely he would have been "cautioned" again.  A caution (which people have to sign) includes the proviso that if you commit an offence of a "similar nature" within the next three years Pc Plod reserves the right to attempt to charge you for the "cautioned" offence as well.  It could happen but a second caution for the same offence has to be signed off by a Chief Inspector or higher.  

If Martin is serious about his career he would do well to keep himself out of the limelight for the time being.  I know he is only young but he has got his whole life ahead of him.  I really hope he has bucked his ideas up, if he has then he could well have saved the club a million.  There really is no better time for Chris Martin to force his way into Roeders plans.

Chris Martin was involved in a very serious incident on 26th January outside the White Horse pub in Beccles. Him and his older brother and some friends entered the pub drunk and disorderly and were clearly trying to start a fight with anyone they could. One innocent bystander dared to tell them to calm down after one of the group shoved this bystander out of the way whilst shouting "vip coming through" (meaning Chris Martin). The group weren''t happy about being told to calm down and started arguing with the guy and acting like a bunch of drunken idiots. 

The group hung around outside (Chris Martin, his brother and friends), when the guy came out he was knocked to the ground and kicked repeatedly to his body and mainly to his head until he was unconsious - then he was kicked some more. He was kicked so hard that he suffered fractured ribs, a broken jaw and multiple bruising. The guy had emergency surgery to his face and will have to live with metal plates and screws holding his face together for the rest of his life. Chris Martin and one of his friends admitted that they punched him - hence the caution for common assault. Charges will be brought against somebody in the group later in the week.  

The victim is not a local drunk or ''chav'' as someone on here suggested, he''s just a normal mid 30s guy with a family and a  job. He''s  never discussed what happened with any papers or news rooms.  He''s kept his mouth firlmly closed to protect his family.

I''m not the person who this happened to, but I did sit at the victims hospital bed waiting for him to come out of surgery wondering if he was going to be permanently brain damaged.

I know it all seems good gossip, but the reality of what happened is far from funny.

[quote user="nettoo"]

Chris Martin was involved in a very serious incident on 26th January outside the White Horse pub in Beccles. Him and his older brother and some friends entered the pub drunk and disorderly and were clearly trying to start a fight with anyone they could. One innocent bystander dared to tell them to calm down after one of the group shoved this bystander out of the way whilst shouting "vip coming through" (meaning Chris Martin). The group weren''t happy about being told to calm down and started arguing with the guy and acting like a bunch of drunken idiots. 

The group hung around outside (Chris Martin, his brother and friends), when the guy came out he was knocked to the ground and kicked repeatedly to his body and mainly to his head until he was unconsious - then he was kicked some more. He was kicked so hard that he suffered fractured ribs, a broken jaw and multiple bruising. The guy had emergency surgery to his face and will have to live with metal plates and screws holding his face together for the rest of his life. Chris Martin and one of his friends admitted that they punched him - hence the caution for common assault. Charges will be brought against somebody in the group later in the week.  

The victim is not a local drunk or ''chav'' as someone on here suggested, he''s just a normal mid 30s guy with a family and a  job. He''s  never discussed what happened with any papers or news rooms.  He''s kept his mouth firlmly closed to protect his family.

I''m not the person who this happened to, but I did sit at the victims hospital bed waiting for him to come out of surgery wondering if he was going to be permanently brain damaged.

I know it all seems good gossip, but the reality of what happened is far from funny.

Twould appear Mr Martin is afflicted by an illness that will never heal - That of the Chav.

[/quote]

[quote user="nettoo"]

[/quote]

lock the fat little B**tard up instead of just charging him.. give him something to think about!

rip his contract up and make him get a proper job.. cleaning the tombland bogs is more his thing!

[quote user="nettoo"]

[/quote]Does anyone else think that "He''s kept his mouth firmly closed to protect his family" is the most disturbing part of this account of a squalid incident? On the face of it, Martin should lose any chance of a career with NCFC, be prosecuted for serious assault, and sued for substantial damages by the victim.Below is what his manager said about him, as quoted on the Pink''Un website;“He''s a nice lad, a bit shy, from a good family and I''m sure that they

are mortified that he''s been dragged into trouble. He''s the sort of

person who would be more led into these things rather than instigate

them". Sproson

added: “It''s been a painful lesson for him and an embarrassment but

he''s learned from it. I bet he''s taken a load of stick from his mates

and now can''t go for a drink with them. Now he''s just desperate to wipe

the slate clean.”Don''t you feel sorry for him, taking a lot of stick about it from his mates and all? I don''t know about wiping the slate clean, this is more like giving it a coat of whitewash.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="eagle"]I''m sorry but I have to step in here, I know Chris personally and I know for a fact that he isn''t even in this country. So maybe you want to check this?[/quote]

I think this is old news bud
[/quote]

Unless it is a different incident we did this story some while ago.  Who started what will no doubt be in dispute but so far as Pc Plod was concerned it was a "six of one, half a dozen of the other incident" and the only thing that got it into the papers was the involvement of young Mr Martin (we don''t normally do Beccles punch ups, there''s no market).  The Mirror had a tip (and no doubt the local Chav was well pleased with his £30 if he was bright enough to ask for it and give his name and address although he won''t have received it yet - the Mirror group pay two months in arrears).

Publican did 999, tables overturned, glasses smashed, Pc Plod arrives.  Ambulance arrives (goes away).  Pc Plod takes names and addresses and some witness statements and decides no court will ever work out who did what to whom and PS: There''s too many bloody forms anyway so sod it

Result: stern (lol!) words at Police Station, cautions for several people (not just Mr Martin).

I suspect this is the same incident because if it had happened again it is unlikely he would have been "cautioned" again.  A caution (which people have to sign) includes the proviso that if you commit an offence of a "similar nature" within the next three years Pc Plod reserves the right to attempt to charge you for the "cautioned" offence as well.  It could happen but a second caution for the same offence has to be signed off by a Chief Inspector or higher.  

[/quote]

There is a huge difference between being cautioned and being charged with common assault. Possibly 2 separate incidents? Sounds like Joey Barton without the talent to me..

[quote user="Chabal"]

There is a huge difference between being cautioned and being charged with common assault. Possibly 2 separate incidents? Sounds like Joey Barton without the talent to me..

[/quote]You''d know a lot more than us about this sort of business, being an ITFC fan. And about the "without the talent" bit as well.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Chabal"]

[/quote]
You''d know a lot more than us about this sort of business, being an ITFC fan. And about the "without the talent" bit as well.
[/quote]

Recent results would suggest would suggest otherwise. Good try though.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nettoo"]

[/quote]

lock the fat little B**tard up instead of just charging him.. give him something to think about!

rip his contract up and make him get a proper job.. cleaning the tombland bogs is more his thing!

[/quote]

What and put you out of a job?

[IMG]http://i30.tinypic.com/34dogut.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nettoo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What and put you out of a job?

[IMG]http://i30.tinypic.com/34dogut.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

good point! ok the Bogs at Bowthorpe shopping center instead!

From what we hear I get the impression that Martin is an arrogant thug bordering on chav scum but this is far from true. The interviews I have seen him do portray a young, very well spoken, confident individual. Rare for a lad of his age in todays society to be honest. He may be a little impressionable but he will grow out of that in the next year or so. He is only 18 years old isnt he? Give him a chance to mature. Martin has the potential to be a top striker in this league and I think he is finally starting to realise it.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]From what we hear I get the impression that Martin is an arrogant thug bordering on chav scum but this is far from true. The interviews I have seen him do portray a young, very well spoken, confident individual. Rare for a lad of his age in todays society to be honest. He may be a little impressionable but he will grow out of that in the next year or so. He is only 18 years old isnt he? Give him a chance to mature. Martin has the potential to be a top striker in this league and I think he is finally starting to realise it.[/quote]

Probably hanging around with a bunch of idiots who are his supposed friends....