Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

There you go binners...its not that rosy is it?

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="archer4721"]

i don''t think we should be slinging too much mud at Ipswich. Its a real possibility that we are going to be in a similar situation in the future. Personally, i wouldn''t turn down a similar deal if one was to come our way. This is 21st century football, some people really need to get with the times.

Look at where they are, and are heading. Now look where we are are, and where we''re heading.

We may be eating humble pie in large quantity.

[/quote]

This is unlikely to happen to us since the club is largely well run based on values rooted in the comuinity. Ipswich on the other hand have been a basket case since their Uefa Cup qualification (maybe some on this board can learn from this) went to their heads. I am not sure they are heading anywhere special as the so called £12 million war chest seems to have been spent largely on Champs level trundlers.  If you wouldn''t turn down a deal like this (Sell the club for £3.8 million, borrow a stack of cash and pay £3million a season for it) it is you that really needs to get with the times. I don''t even think they are much more likely to see the Prem in the next three years than we are.

[/quote]

I think that just illustrates how misguided you are! Evans only stands to  make a profit on his investment if we are in the Premiership. Any other scenario and he loses money. That much is indisputable.

I agree there is very little chance of a similar deal happening to us because the fact is we have assets that our loans are secured against and therefore our banks would never have to/be prepared to do the same sort of deal that Evans was able to broker with Aviva. The ironic thing is that because of this the better run a club is the less attractive it is for the likes of evans (or the consortium that took over Cov) because there is no prospect of picking it up on the cheap and making quick returns in the way Evans is looking to do.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="archer4721"]

i don''t think we should be slinging too much mud at Ipswich. Its a real possibility that we are going to be in a similar situation in the future. Personally, i wouldn''t turn down a similar deal if one was to come our way. This is 21st century football, some people really need to get with the times.

Look at where they are, and are heading. Now look where we are are, and where we''re heading.

[/quote]

This is unlikely to happen to us since the club is largely well run based on values rooted in the comuinity. Ipswich on the other hand have been a basket case since their Uefa Cup qualification (maybe some on this board can learn from this) went to their heads. I am not sure they are heading anywhere special as the so called £12 million war chest seems to have been spent largely on Champs level trundlers.  If you wouldn''t turn down a deal like this (Sell the club for £3.8 million, borrow a stack of cash and pay £3million a season for it) it is you that really needs to get with the times. I don''t even think they are much more likely to see the Prem in the next three years than we are.

[/quote]

Here, here. ....and I think an Evans type character turning up at Carrow Road trying to make a medium term short buck is unlikely.

What our club would cost Evans would put him off, (owing our own facilities and all).

...and just for the record I''ll carry on taking the mick out of Ipswich''s position until they are promoted, go into administration or hell freezes over...which ever happens first.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I agree there is very little chance of a similar deal happening to us because the fact is we have assets that our loans are secured against and therefore our banks would never have to/be prepared to do the same sort of deal that Evans was able to broker with Aviva. The ironic thing is that because of this the better run a club is the less attractive it is for the likes of evans (or the consortium that took over Cov) because there is no prospect of picking it up on the cheap and making quick returns in the way Evans is looking to do.[/quote]

That''s essentially true. We don''t own our ground and have few tangible assets. Aviva could have demanded repayment, putting us into admin, but that would mean they would have got less than the £6m or so that they eventually got from Evans. I wouldn''t necesarily agree that Evans is looking to make ''quick'' returns though. Increased investment in the scouting and youth systems, along with a 4 year sponsorship deal, indicate to me that he''s planning on staying around for a while.

Oh dear, our poor Jamie Oliver sound alike is really strugggling now.There is ample memory of you (or whatever name you were lurking on here with) and others bleating out that NO interest was to be paid. It was all part of the wonderful ''£12m on players'' that you mockneys were gobbing off about. Unlike you I do not have access to past records of fans forums but do know what was posted on here by you binners - as will other City fans.You bleat about there being no evidence of any payments to Aviva being only interim, yet despite there being NO proven evidence you pitchfork jugglers have always quoted the £6m figure payment as absolute truth. You have even claimed that MEIs name on your shirts is "  worth considerably more than yours!" No proof, more lies. You might also note that I qualified my remarks with the words ''suggestion'' and ''maybe'' whereas you always put up stuff as fact - ironic, as every absurd claim on here by you is easily proven as false " The contents are

certainly discussed on TWTD on 2nd December" Hardyl November is it ?Your grubby little club is going down the plughole. You know it, we know it and I would suggest most others do as well, hence no sponsorship - or wish of any other business wianting to soil their hands with contact with you paupers.Poorman Road - no money, no hope and no future........ and no fans, if the season ticket sales are evidence !

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Oh dear, our poor Jamie Oliver sound alike is really strugggling now.

There is ample memory of you (or whatever name you were lurking on here with) and others bleating out that NO interest was to be paid. It was all part of the wonderful ''£12m on players'' that you mockneys were gobbing off about. Unlike you I do not have access to past records of fans forums but do know what was posted on here by you binners - as will other City fans.

You bleat about there being no evidence of any payments to Aviva being only interim, yet despite there being NO proven evidence you pitchfork jugglers have always quoted the £6m figure payment as absolute truth. You have even claimed that MEIs name on your shirts is "  worth considerably more than yours!" No proof, more lies.

You might also note that I qualified my remarks with the words ''suggestion'' and ''maybe'' whereas you always put up stuff as fact - ironic, as every absurd claim on here by you is easily proven as false

" The contents are certainly discussed on TWTD on 2nd December" Hardyl November is it ?

Your grubby little club is going down the plughole. You know it, we know it and I would suggest most others do as well, hence no sponsorship - or wish of any other business wianting to soil their hands with contact with you paupers.

Poorman Road - no money, no hope and no future........ and no fans, if the season ticket sales are evidence !

[/quote]

2/10, and i''m making allowances for the fact that its Ralph!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Oh dear, our poor Jamie Oliver sound alike is really strugggling now.

There is ample memory of you (or whatever name you were lurking on here with) and others bleating out that NO interest was to be paid. It was all part of the wonderful ''£12m on players'' that you mockneys were gobbing off about. Unlike you I do not have access to past records of fans forums but do know what was posted on here by you binners - as will other City fans.

You bleat about there being no evidence of any payments to Aviva being only interim, yet despite there being NO proven evidence you pitchfork jugglers have always quoted the £6m figure payment as absolute truth. You have even claimed that MEIs name on your shirts is "  worth considerably more than yours!" No proof, more lies.

You might also note that I qualified my remarks with the words ''suggestion'' and ''maybe'' whereas you always put up stuff as fact - ironic, as every absurd claim on here by you is easily proven as false

" The contents are certainly discussed on TWTD on 2nd December" Hardyl November is it ?

Your grubby little club is going down the plughole. You know it, we know it and I would suggest most others do as well, hence no sponsorship - or wish of any other business wianting to soil their hands with contact with you paupers.

Poorman Road - no money, no hope and no future........ and no fans, if the season ticket sales are evidence !

[/quote]

Homeless Beggar Man Panhandling

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that just illustrates how misguided you are! Evans only stands to  make a profit on his investment if we are in the Premiership. Any other scenario and he loses money. That much is indisputable.

[/quote]

Rubbish, Mr. Evans is making a nice little profit every year as long as you keep trundling along in the Championship. £3 million a year for a total £12 million investment is nice work if you can get it. Your debt is never going to decrease unless you get to the Prem and even if you do all the money goes straight into Mr. Evans pocket. There is no possible scenario where Evans loses a penny.

I''m afraid it''s heads he wins tails you lose mate.

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="bunny"]

The club will repay the £8.1m loan after it has been in Premier League for five years.

titter...

[/quote]

Thats brilliant PR as it makes him look good while at no time mentions the other 32 million they owe him, which has no known conditions for repayment.  If the owner of the club decides to it could be repayed tomorrow. hmmm. 

The millionaire clearly isn''t as much of a mug as he looks.
[/quote]

It couldn''t be repaid tomorrow because we don''t have it. Which is the exact problem that NU had, and why they sold a £32m debt for £6m. The only way that that debt is ''worth'' anything is if we are in the Premiership.

[/quote]

How big''s your ground? Training facilities? Any other land the club owns? How many two bedroom executive apratments do you reackon you could fit on it? After all, the ground is quite close to the station. Retail space? I know its cuarrently the red light district but Council are trying to fix that, yes?

Have you worked out how MEG get the £32m out of the club yet?

So, for a small investment of less than £15, MEG is getting a current income far in excess of a bank desposit rate, plus a mechanism for extracting the full value of the capital, and we are actively seeking this sort of investment? Fools, the lot of you.

Yes, football must come first, but the bottom line is that football is not the week in week out activites on the pitch. Football is the life and soul of the club, and if that life and soul needs a little bit on the side to keep it self sustaining, instead of being entirely reliant on the continuing generosity of some anonymous benefactor (cf. Gretna, who this week disappeared because the benefactor gave up), then that is putting football first. When the off-field activities over-take the on field ones, when Carrow Road is a Delia restaurant with live entertainment on saturdays, when Norwich City FC is a building firm (as was the real reason for Chase''s deaprture, lets not forget), then yes, complain. But don''t whinge because Delia''s not busy making herself bankrupt to plough money (capital) into a club with no sustainability. Don''t whinge because we don''t have our very own MEG, sucking the very life and soul out of the club. If the game has changed so much that in order for us to remain NCFC, we can only compete in the third tier of English football, then so be it. For us to go down those same short sighted paths of billionaire plaything would be wrong. After all, when Flavio gets bored of QPR, or its no longer fashionable for every global billionaire to own a football club, QPR will still be sh*te.

[quote user="Chabal"]

That''s essentially true. We don''t own our ground and have few tangible assets. Aviva could have demanded repayment, putting us into admin, but that would mean they would have got less than the £6m or so that they eventually got from Evans. I wouldn''t necesarily agree that Evans is looking to make ''quick'' returns though. Increased investment in the scouting and youth systems, along with a 4 year sponsorship deal, indicate to me that he''s planning on staying around for a while.

[/quote]

"IPSWICH Town owner Marcus Evans will pay himself a minimum of £564,000 this year"

Of course he''s planning to say around for a bit![:P]

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="Chabal"]

[/quote]

"IPSWICH Town owner Marcus Evans will pay himself a minimum of £564,000 this year"

Of course he''s planning to say around for a bit![:P]

[/quote]

haha! any spare jobs going? i could do an inside job!

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

The club will repay the £8.1m loan after it has been in Premier League for five years.

The question is, will Marcus still be alive?

After all, 5 years in the Prem....

[/quote]

Well thats killed that then , I never thought this was a sensible conversation , what with the talk of the binners being in the Premier league for five years ,ohhh!!! what ever was that , excuse me something has happened to my roof , oh  its alright its only two of my old sows that have taken to the air and caught my roof as they went over .[:D] arrdee.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rubbish, Mr. Evans is making a nice little profit every year as long as you keep trundling along in the Championship. £3 million a year for a total £12 million investment is nice work if you can get it. Your debt is never going to decrease unless you get to the Prem and even if you do all the money goes straight into Mr. Evans pocket. There is no possible scenario where Evans loses a penny.

[/quote]

He doesn''t actually extract £3m a year though - it''s not in his interest. He''ll only take the 564k interest from the £8.1m of preferential shares, (at 7% p.a. i think). We couldn''t pay the interest to Aviva, and since the take over our wage bill and transfer spending have risen, so we certainly wouldn''t be able to pay it now. The idea that he makes a profit is ridiculous. If that was true then why didn''t Aviva simply keep the debt and do exactly the same?

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He doesn''t actually extract £3m a year though - it''s not in his interest. He''ll only take the 564k interest from the £8.1m of preferential shares, (at 7% p.a. i think). We couldn''t pay the interest to Aviva, and since the take over our wage bill and transfer spending have risen, so we certainly wouldn''t be able to pay it now. The idea that he makes a profit is ridiculous. If that was true then why didn''t Aviva simply keep the debt and do exactly the same?

[/quote]

Perhaps because they didn''t want to be tainted by being associated with such a smelly heap of horse effluent and said "let dog eat dog"[;)] arrdee. 

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, and this is where you are not understanding quite what is going on. You can pay it now because he gave you £12m, clever no. So you pay 7% on the preferential shares and 7% on the full £32m (not the £6m Evans paid) making £3m to Marcus per season. Even with your expanded wage bill you probably only lose £3m meaning the cash lasts two years in which Evans gets £6m of his investment back. Now if you fluke promotion (bearing in mind that all the cash is accounted for so NO investment in the team) Marcus Evans is quids in. If you don''t you still owe Evans £32m (for which he effectively paid nothing - having already clawed back his £6m investment) and he owns the club. Now if he can sell the club on for £1 to someone who would guarantee the loan he only makes £20m profit in two years (even though he lost £12m on grinding the club into the ground.

Heads Evans wins, tails you lose.

" Which is the exact problem that NU had, and why they sold a £32m debt for £6m.2More nonsense from our resident mockney. You have NO idea what the deal was. I have speculated previously and been proved correct whereas you have endlessly whinged and whined and have been proved wrong EVERY time. Bit of a pattern here is there not my little pitchfork juggler ?Even your local bin paper has " Evans'' company Marcus Evans Investment, will also receive interest on

the £32m debt it bought........ which works out at £2.24m a year "
They know you will have to pay as does everyone else.You have increased nothing. Your red faced buffoon has been turfed out. Your finance director jumped ship - both savings on your wage bill. And, I''ll also state, that your end of year accounts will show that your player wage bill has dropped as well. Expect a couple of player sales to make up the annual loses.When your incompetent clown of a chairman almost took you back into administration it was only MEI who showed any interest. You had little other choice. They are now picking over the rotten carcase of your tatty little outfit. I await your accounts with interest. Possibly published to the sound of a gurgling plughole.

ps be curious to know if anyone has access to this forum from last december

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, and this is where you are not understanding quite what is going on. You can pay it now because he gave you £12m, clever no. So you pay 7% on the preferential shares and 7% on the full £32m (not the £6m Evans paid) making £3m to Marcus per season. Even with your expanded wage bill you probably only lose £3m meaning the cash lasts two years in which Evans gets £6m of his investment back. Now if you fluke promotion (bearing in mind that all the cash is accounted for so NO investment in the team) Marcus Evans is quids in. If you don''t you still owe Evans £32m (for which he effectively paid nothing - having already clawed back his £6m investment) and he owns the club. Now if he can sell the club on for £1 to someone who would guarantee the loan he only makes £20m profit in two years (even though he lost £12m on grinding the club into the ground.

[/quote]

I''m not sure even you believe that!

So by your argument the £12m is virtually gone already. £3m running loss per year, plus £3m paid to Evans, plus £3.5m spent in January in the transfer market. That leaves £2.5m remaining which will be swallowed up immediately paying MEI next seasons interest? So are you expecting Ipswich to buy anyone this summer? If so, where will the money come from? I''m interested to hear your replies!

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So by your argument the £12m is virtually gone already. £3m running loss per year, plus £3m paid to Evans, plus £3.5m spent in January in the transfer market. That leaves £2.5m remaining which will be swallowed up immediately paying MEI next seasons interest? So are you expecting Ipswich to buy anyone this summer? If so, where will the money come from? I''m interested to hear your replies!

[/quote]

BINGO!!!..............though I think your timings are a bit out (the £2.5m left you talk about would be spent in 2009/2010)

You are dead right, I am not expecting Ipswich to have any significant transfer activity in the Summer unless it is funded by savings/selling Haynes etc elsewhere.

In fact I think we will outspend Town in this transfer window (and that is saying something).

If I am wrong come back and tell me on the 1st September.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BINGO!!!..............though I think your timings are a bit out (the £2.5m left you talk about would be spent in 2009/2010)

You are dead right, I am not expecting Ipswich to have any significant transfer activity in the Summer unless it is funded by savings/selling Haynes etc elsewhere.

In fact I think we will outspend Town in this transfer window (and that is saying something).

If I am wrong come back and tell me on the 1st September.

[/quote]

Cool, that''s just what I was looking for. Though what are the chances when I come back on September 1st having clearly won this argument that people suddenly think it will be NEXT year that we run out of money? Then the year after... then...

Blimey you ain''t half thick, even for a binner.What part of  " Expect a couple of player sales to make up the annual loses." goes above your dim witted head.As to the supposed crud about £3.5m spent in January that''s more suffolk bullsh*t. The figures quoted represent future wage cost rather than arbitary transfer figures. Fans on here might remember the stuff about Dave Striker. You have NOT included the sale of your keeper nor the cut in the wage bill of the players left either.Perhaps this might be clue about where the money you borrowed is going. " to fund increased short-term losses including those arising from player wages "Taken from the letter published on the bin board on DECEMBER 3RD which all you mockneys were chtrping about in November BEFOTRE it had become public knowledge - or so you would have us believe.Not only are you a liar but a fantasist and a rather sad charactor to boot as spending your time posting up lies on another club''s fan''s site would suggest.Your accounts will be well worth laughing at . Think you will disappear then.Poorman Road - a pauper''s graveyard.

[quote user="itfc_loaded"]

Read (if you are capable) and weep.

http://www.itfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10272~1181533,00.html

We''re f**king loaded, la la la...

x

[/quote]

From that article what I can make out is the club will not pay Marcus any money unless legally and financially able to do so.  I would assume that is why Mr Evans has his own people on board to do the financing nd accounting.  I also understand that the club will not repay the debt until they have been established in the Premiership for 5 years, I acknowledge all this.

However the main issue I can see, and the one you have failed to mention is the 12.5% retained by Ipswich Town PLC.  From that article it states that the 12.5% could ''theoretically repay the club'' by buying back the preference shares.  I would imagine that this is the loop hole that prevents Marcus Evans from getting his money back.

To clarify I have no wish to see ITFC struggle, and I wish you all the best.  I hope we do better that you but then I would, wouldn''t I!!  I do however feel it is a little bit daft to quote things like were f*****ng loaded, La, La, La.  You are not, you are £32m in debt, the fact that your backer is willing to lend you more in an attempt to get to the prem is a good thing for you.  But you are not loaded, YOU HAVE DEBT OF £32M AND RISING.

Its Chabal I feel sorry for.  Unusually for a binner he is putting forward well thought out, intelligent replies, then a pillock like itfc_loaded chips in like a complete twat and brings it all crashing back down again...

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="itfc_loaded"]

Read (if you are capable) and weep.

We''re f**king loaded, la la la...

x

[/quote]

From that article what I can make out is the club will not pay Marcus any money unless legally and financially able to do so.  I would assume that is why Mr Evans has his own people on board to do the financing nd accounting.  I also understand that the club will not repay the debt until they have been established in the Premiership for 5 years, I acknowledge all this.

However the main issue I can see, and the one you have failed to mention is the 12.5% retained by Ipswich Town PLC.  From that article it states that the 12.5% could ''theoretically repay the club'' by buying back the preference shares.  I would imagine that this is the loop hole that prevents Marcus Evans from getting his money back.

To clarify I have no wish to see ITFC struggle, and I wish you all the best.  I hope we do better that you but then I would, wouldn''t I!!  I do however feel it is a little bit daft to quote things like were f*****ng loaded, La, La, La.  You are not, you are £32m in debt, the fact that your backer is willing to lend you more in an attempt to get to the prem is a good thing for you.  But you are not loaded, YOU HAVE DEBT OF £32M AND RISING.

Its Chabal I feel sorry for.  Unusually for a binner he is putting forward well thought out, intelligent replies, then a pillock like itfc_loaded chips in like a complete twat and brings it all crashing back down again...

[/quote]

Oh dear, is your argument starting to look a little fragile?

See what you want to see, hear what you want to hear. Its a great deal for Ipswich and our future is a lot brighter than yours.

Read the article again. Most, if not all, of the above points are answered in there. Enjoy.

Did you avoid relegation in the end?

" the fact that your backer is willing to lend you more in an attempt to get to the prem is a good thing for you."Sadly he ain''t !That''s the whole point of the thread. He taking money OUT  not putting it in - a half million as well as charging another £2m plus interest. With the board now 3 to 2 in his favour they can do what they want. And they already are.Poor old paupers ..... the end is nigh !

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" the fact that your backer is willing to lend you more in an attempt to get to the prem is a good thing for you."

Sadly he ain''t !

That''s the whole point of the thread. He taking money OUT  not putting it in - a half million as well as charging another £2m plus interest. With the board now 3 to 2 in his favour they can do what they want. And they already are.

Poor old paupers ..... the end is nigh !

[/quote]

Don''t let the facts get in the way.

You''re coming across as very jealous. Understandably.

No the argument is not looking fragile.  As far as I am concerned there is no argument.  I am not jealous of you and I have no ill feeling towards ITFC.  The fact is you are still £32m in debt, and that debt is rising.  Your chaiman isn''t giving you money to buy new players, he is lending it to you.  The article you gave the link to tells us just that.

By the way, did you make the playoffs in the end?

[quote user="itfc_loaded"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" the fact that your backer is willing to lend you more in an attempt to get to the prem is a good thing for you."

Sadly he ain''t !

That''s the whole point of the thread. He taking money OUT  not putting it in - a half million as well as charging another £2m plus interest. With the board now 3 to 2 in his favour they can do what they want. And they already are.

[/quote]

Don''t let the facts get in the way.

You''re coming across as very jealous. Understandably.

[/quote]

ITFC do you understand the articles that you have provided links for? Other than provide these pieces you have not elected to offer any comment or reasoned argument at all other than "we''re loaded" which you blatently arent.

I think the balance sheet from the next accounts will provide the definitive answer to the wealth of your club

Sadly he ain''t !

[/quote]

Actually he is Ralph.  He bought additional shares + preference shares for 12m which enabled the club to Sumuliso...whatever his name is & the guy from Plymouth.  This is in essence to all intents and purposes an additional loan.  He is still putting money in but protecting his investment.  My comment about lending money was not in reference to what he was also taking out, which I acknowledge and laugh about.

The bit I find most irritating is the loaded, loaded thing.  How anyone can claim to be loaded when they are £32m in debt is beyond me.

Oi, ITFC_LOADED, does the fact that we have the Turners who are worth as much Evans on board mean we are loaded too?

[quote user="itfc_loaded"]Did you avoid relegation in the end?[/quote]

Did you win away from home in the end?

Did you win promotion in the end?

Perhaps it''s a measure of the stupidity of our impoverished neighbours that one of them keeps posting up a link that ACTUALLY backs up we say and refutes the other saddos desperate lies.Any wonder that the red faced buffoon was able to help himself and MEI are now picking over what is left.Poorman Road  -  more debt, more repayments and less fans. Gurgle, gurgle