Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

There you go binners...its not that rosy is it?

And I still can''t figure out the bloody para breaks - in preview it worked and then ''wham'' there''s code on the posting!

Bunch of a**e

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="bunny"]

The club will repay the £8.1m loan after it has been in Premier League for five years.

titter...

[/quote]

Thats brilliant PR as it makes him look good while at no time mentions the other 32 million they owe him, which has no known conditions for repayment.  If the owner of the club decides to it could be repayed tomorrow. hmmm. 

The millionaire clearly isn''t as much of a mug as he looks.
[/quote]

It couldn''t be repaid tomorrow because we don''t have it. Which is the exact problem that NU had, and why they sold a £32m debt for £6m. The only way that that debt is ''worth'' anything is if we are in the Premiership.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I think its more a case of what will the long term future hold for your club Chabal if the team doesn''t make the Prem. Yes he might be putting money into the club now but if it doesn''t work out and he moves on, Ipswich will be in a very sticky situation. Of course nothing is certain but I wouldn''t be so enthusiastic about where you club could end up.
[/quote]

I still don''t see what Evans would actually do, if, say, after 5 years we were still in the Championship. Yes he *could* bankrupt us, but he''d get virtually nothing back, and lose in the process his entire investment (£12m so far) plus an I.O.U for £32m. It simply wouldn''t make financial sense for him to do that. Because of this debt, this potential of £32m which goes with the club i''d say the chances of us being driven to bankruptcy are very small indeed.

He''s been to PR several times, but never been photographed. I occasionally look over to where Sheepy sits when I''m at matches, but it''s not easy when you don''t know what you''re looking for!

He doesnt need to call in the debt to make a good income. Currently 7% of 32 million is his reward for buying the club. As I posted earlier, 3 years and he has his money back. The £32 million will continue to grow as long as Ipswich stay in this league, therefore the interest he take swill continue to grow. Then there is the issue of the money he has loaned the club for players. Admittedly not a lot at present but this all adds to the debt Ipswich owe to the ME Group which they happily take 7 % return each year.

So 2 years down the road, no promotion, debt closer to £50 million which Mr Evans continues to take his 7% of as well as half a million he pays himself each year as well. Mr Evans is making himself a lot of very easy money at very little risk. As long as the club attracts fans through the gate there will be enough income to service the interest which is all Evans will be concerned about. Not forgetting of course the very strange money laundering sponsorship deal. Not sure why you would want to pay yourself to sponsor your own team More value in getting the local chip shop to give you £50 a year, at least it would be new money coming in.

[quote user="Chabal"]

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I think its more a case of what will the long term future hold for your club Chabal if the team doesn''t make the Prem. Yes he might be putting money into the club now but if it doesn''t work out and he moves on, Ipswich will be in a very sticky situation. Of course nothing is certain but I wouldn''t be so enthusiastic about where you club could end up.
[/quote]

I still don''t see what Evans would actually do, if, say, after 5 years we were still in the Championship. Yes he *could* bankrupt us, but he''d get virtually nothing back, and lose in the process his entire investment (£12m so far) plus an I.O.U for £32m. It simply wouldn''t make financial sense for him to do that. Because of this debt, this potential of £32m which goes with the club i''d say the chances of us being driven to bankruptcy are very small indeed.

[/quote]

No, no, no - you still don''t get it. You pay him £3m per year which comes out of the money he loaned to you. After four years he has got his cash back and you still owe him £32 million. If he sells you on that is pure profit AND YOU STILL OWE HIM £32 million.

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="bunny"]

The club will repay the £8.1m loan after it has been in Premier League for five years.

titter...

[/quote]

Thats brilliant PR as it makes him look good while at no time mentions the other 32 million they owe him, which has no known conditions for repayment.  If the owner of the club decides to it could be repayed tomorrow. hmmm. 

[/quote]

It couldn''t be repaid tomorrow because we don''t have it. Which is the exact problem that NU had, and why they sold a £32m debt for £6m. The only way that that debt is ''worth'' anything is if we are in the Premiership.

[/quote]

It is irrelevant what Evans bought the debt for. Ipswich owed £32m to Morley Fund Management, a company owned by NU parent group Aviva. Evans bought the debt and now you owe him £32m.

Like I said, you are his female dogs.

animation of running dog

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="bunny"]

titter...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is irrelevant what Evans bought the debt for. Ipswich owed £32m to Morley Fund Management, a company owned by NU parent group Aviva. Evans bought the debt and now you owe him £32m.

animation of running dog

[/quote]

My God, it''s difficult to get a simple message across on here isn''t it?

I was merely making the point that for the Marcus Evans, £32m is only actually possible to get back if we are in the Premiership. Until then it''s just a piece of paper.

Yes. And we are making the point that:

1. Evans is taking £3 million a year out of the club for doing nothing.

2. In 4 years time he will therefore have recouped his investment and your debt will probably have increased massively. He could at that point simply asset strip you or, probably more likely will sell on your debt of circa £50 million to some random Tom, Dick or Harry. Even if he only sells it for £10 million it will still be £10m pure profit!

PS He doesn''t need to get £32 million back as he has never put £32m in. He bought £32m worth of debt for about £6m.

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="bunny"]

titter...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

animation of running dog

[/quote]

I was merely making the point that for the Marcus Evans, £32m is only actually possible to get back if we are in the Premiership. Until then it''s just a piece of paper.

[/quote]

Two points.

When/if you get promoted the higher running costs would drain funds as well as Mr Evans.

What if Mr.Evans gets bored of flogging the dead Suffolk Punch after a few years of chucking money at it without success? That will leave you saddled with huge debts and no chance of another benefactor. Or maybe another Evans?

Its all a pipe dream matey

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="bunny"]

titter...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

animation of running dog

[/quote]

[/quote]

Two points.

When/if you get promoted the higher running costs would drain funds as well as Mr Evans.

What if Mr.Evans gets bored of flogging the dead Suffolk Punch after a few years of chucking money at it without success? That will leave you saddled with huge debts and no chance of another benefactor. Or maybe another Evans?

[/quote]

Er, 8 months ago we were saddled with a large debt, and we managed to get an investor. If evans gives up he''ll simply be in the same position as NU were for the previous 3 years - with a piece of paper saying we owe him £32m, but with no actual way of getting it.

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/sport/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=EADOnline&tCategory=zsport&itemid=IPED05%20Jun%202008%2010%3A27%3A23%3A470

Here we go. The real meaning of the Evans takeover.

Still in hock to the tune of £32m and paying interest on pref shares at £564,000 p.a.

I think its safe to say that Ipswich are Evans'' b1tch.  [:D]

[/quote]

I don''t see a problem. He is covering our yearly losses of £2-3m and investing more cash in the team. who''s doing that for you? Oh.

[/quote]he bought ipswich for 8mset up an account firm and has held the 32m with thathe now gets 86% of income? then when he pulls out, he closes the debt account, you have 32m and no assets.good luck sunshine.

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="bunny"]

titter...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

animation of running dog

[/quote]

[/quote]

Two points.

[/quote]

Er, 8 months ago we were saddled with a large debt, and we managed to get an investor. If evans gives up he''ll simply be in the same position as NU were for the previous 3 years - with a piece of paper saying we owe him £32m, but with no actual way of getting it.

[/quote]

Er, 8 months ago you had a large debt but Morley were foregoing the interest. Now you have a large debt and pay your benefactor £2.5m a year to service it. Nice one, trigger.

" it''s been written on virtually every football forum in East Anglia since last November! "err, not quite true my little cockney wannabe.When I posted up (in Dec) that your impoverished club would be paying interest on the prefential sharesyou, and any number of ''other'', pitchfork jugglers came on our board and squeaked to high heaven about how wrong I was. In fact you could not contain your deluded delight at believing you had found someone so financially inept as your now booted out chairman to hand over a pile of money. Many on here will remember those posts.So what now ? The red faced buffoon has been sent up the road. The paupers are paying interest on what was always a loan to cover future losses and they can''t even attract a stand sponsor never mind a shirt sponsor.Well here''s a suggestion. The £6m to Aviva was an interim payment on the money owed, with more payments due once the paupers had supposedly gained Premiership status. Aviva would not have handed over the debt for that sum without the possibility of future earnings from the Premiership being factored in. So maybe it is not in MEI''s interest to get the club promoted. They can happily sit in the championship and asset strip what''s left. Remember they, as club owners, OWN the player contracts. Any sales will be merely increase their take. Curious to see if the ownership of the lease on the ground is seperate from the rest of the club. If you doubt this ask yourselves what has happened to the massive investment the suffolk simpletons bleated about six months ago ? Why did the finance director jump ship ? Why has there been no outside sponsorship, as with ALL other clubs ? Someone knows something, methinks.As to predictable nonsense and whinging of our terminally stupid binner might I point out that there appears to be a pattern here. I wonder how much more he will fail to grasp and have to have explained to him by his rather more worldly wise neighbours. Oh yes, and it wasn''t "since last November" either. The letter to the shareholders (first outlining the proposals) didn''t even go out until December  ! ! !durrrrrrrrrrrrr

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="bunny"]

titter...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

animation of running dog

[/quote]

[/quote]

Two points.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Er, 8 months ago you had a large debt but Morley were foregoing the interest. Now you have a large debt and pay your benefactor £2.5m a year to service it. Nice one, trigger.

[/quote]

As I told you before, Morley were NOT forgoing the interest, they were taking 5% of the club per year as a repayment.  Please try and make sure you have even a basic grasp of the facts before posting! Ta.

The question is, will Marcus still be alive?

After all, 5 years in the Prem....

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It couldn''t be repaid tomorrow because we don''t have it. Which is the exact problem that NU had, and why they sold a £32m debt for £6m. [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Er, 8 months ago we were saddled with a large debt

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I told you before, Morley were NOT forgoing the interest, they were taking 5% of the club per year as a repayment.  Please try and make sure you have even a basic grasp of the facts before posting! Ta.

[/quote]

Lol - Chabal you really crack me up. 5% of Ipswich Town FC every year what is that worth. Evan bought control of the entire club for £3.8m, 5% of that is c£200k or diddly squat when you went bust - which was where you were going which is the reason Sheepshagger was forced to agree to this ludicrous deal. Now you pay Evans £3m a year in HARD CASH for the same thing (or fifteeen times as much!!!!)

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" it''s been written on virtually every football forum in East Anglia since last November! "

err, not quite true my little cockney wannabe.

When I posted up (in Dec) that your impoverished club would be paying interest on the prefential sharesyou, and any number of ''other'', pitchfork jugglers came on our board and squeaked to high heaven about how wrong I was. In fact you could not contain your deluded delight at believing you had found someone so financially inept as your now booted out chairman to hand over a pile of money. Many on here will remember those posts.

So what now ? The red faced buffoon has been sent up the road. The paupers are paying interest on what was always a loan to cover future losses and they can''t even attract a stand sponsor never mind a shirt sponsor.

Well here''s a suggestion. The £6m to Aviva was an interim payment on the money owed, with more payments due once the paupers had supposedly gained Premiership status. Aviva would not have handed over the debt for that sum without the possibility of future earnings from the Premiership being factored in. So maybe it is not in MEI''s interest to get the club promoted. They can happily sit in the championship and asset strip what''s left. Remember they, as club owners, OWN the player contracts. Any sales will be merely increase their take. Curious to see if the ownership of the lease on the ground is seperate from the rest of the club.

If you doubt this ask yourselves what has happened to the massive investment the suffolk simpletons bleated about six months ago ? Why did the finance director jump ship ? Why has there been no outside sponsorship, as with ALL other clubs ? Someone knows something, methinks.

As to predictable nonsense and whinging of our terminally stupid binner might I point out that there appears to be a pattern here. I wonder how much more he will fail to grasp and have to have explained to him by his rather more worldly wise neighbours.

Oh yes, and it wasn''t "since last November" either. The letter to the shareholders (first outlining the proposals) didn''t even go out until December  ! ! !

durrrrrrrrrrrrr
[/quote]

I''ll do this slowly, just for Ralph!

1) I never claimed we would not be paying interest on the preferential shares, I challenge you to provide a shred of evidence that I did. No? Didn''t think you could. You''re doing that thing (again) where you make things up and state them as fact. It''s the sign of a weak argument IMHO.

2) We have a shirt sponsorship, and it''s worth considerably more than yours!

3) I have seen no evidence to support your ridiculous ''suggestion'' that the Aviva payment was ''interim''. Yet again you''ve made something up and been unable to prove it. I can see a pattern here!

4) "So maybe its not in MEI''s interest to get the club promoted". I think i''ve heard it all now. I hope you felt a twinge of embarassment when writing that, you certainly should do.

5) My shareholders letter outlining the takeover (and including the preferential shares) is dated 29th November. The contents are certainly discussed on TWTD on 2nd December. Now  whether it was 30th Nov or 1st Dec that they arrived is hardly relevant. It merely serves to highlight the paucity of your argument that you have pulled me up on this.

Hope this helps x

[quote user="Chabal"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" it''s been written on virtually every football forum in East Anglia since last November! "

err, not quite true my little cockney wannabe.

When I posted up (in Dec) that your impoverished club would be paying interest on the prefential sharesyou, and any number of ''other'', pitchfork jugglers came on our board and squeaked to high heaven about how wrong I was. In fact you could not contain your deluded delight at believing you had found someone so financially inept as your now booted out chairman to hand over a pile of money. Many on here will remember those posts.

So what now ? The red faced buffoon has been sent up the road. The paupers are paying interest on what was always a loan to cover future losses and they can''t even attract a stand sponsor never mind a shirt sponsor.

Well here''s a suggestion. The £6m to Aviva was an interim payment on the money owed, with more payments due once the paupers had supposedly gained Premiership status. Aviva would not have handed over the debt for that sum without the possibility of future earnings from the Premiership being factored in. So maybe it is not in MEI''s interest to get the club promoted. They can happily sit in the championship and asset strip what''s left. Remember they, as club owners, OWN the player contracts. Any sales will be merely increase their take. Curious to see if the ownership of the lease on the ground is seperate from the rest of the club.

If you doubt this ask yourselves what has happened to the massive investment the suffolk simpletons bleated about six months ago ? Why did the finance director jump ship ? Why has there been no outside sponsorship, as with ALL other clubs ? Someone knows something, methinks.

As to predictable nonsense and whinging of our terminally stupid binner might I point out that there appears to be a pattern here. I wonder how much more he will fail to grasp and have to have explained to him by his rather more worldly wise neighbours.

Oh yes, and it wasn''t "since last November" either. The letter to the shareholders (first outlining the proposals) didn''t even go out until December  ! ! !

durrrrrrrrrrrrr
[/quote]

I''ll do this slowly, just for Ralph!

1) I never claimed we would not be paying interest on the preferential shares, I challenge you to provide a shred of evidence that I did. No? Didn''t think you could. You''re doing that thing (again) where you make things up and state them as fact. It''s the sign of a weak argument IMHO.

2) We have a shirt sponsorship, and it''s worth considerably more than yours!

3) I have seen no evidence to support your ridiculous ''suggestion'' that the Aviva payment was ''interim''. Yet again you''ve made something up and been unable to prove it. I can see a pattern here!

4) "So maybe its not in MEI''s interest to get the club promoted". I think i''ve heard it all now. I hope you felt a twinge of embarassment when writing that, you certainly should do.

5) My shareholders letter outlining the takeover (and including the preferential shares) is dated 29th November. The contents are certainly discussed on TWTD on 2nd December. Now  whether it was 30th Nov or 1st Dec that they arrived is hardly relevant. It merely serves to highlight the paucity of your argument that you have pulled me up on this.

Hope this helps x

[/quote]

Ok lets deal with facts:

You still owe £32m.

Every you buy players or fund your losses you do it by borrowing more.

Mr Evans has now started his interest draw on his pref shares.

Mr Evans is not a football man he is interested in profit and wants his money back as quick as he can get it.

You don''t own your own ground.

You couldn''t find a club sponsor and up steps Mr Evans again.

I''ve just read this thread from start to finish. Cutting through some of the name calling, mud-slinging and claim / counter claim, its actually (IMHO) a salutory tale of the woes of modern football. Now, I am Norwich through and through - I have no desire whatsoever to see Ipswich rolling in cash, but I just can''t see the point of gloating about whether or not they are going to go out of business because their bitch / benefactor is / isn''t going to pull the plug on his funding in five years time.

I know some Ipswich fans. They are nice people - work hard, play hard are not IN BRED and love their club just as much as Norwich fans do. In short, they are no better or worse than the rest of us. I think you''ll find the real enemy here are vultures who would rape and pillage a football club, destroying years of history and heritage, robbing future generations of the joys/woes of following the team their fathers did.

I have no desire to see Ipswich on their knees. Vive la rivalry, but lets keep things in perspective.

[quote user="bobfleck"]

I''ve just read this thread from start to finish. Cutting through some of the name calling, mud-slinging and claim / counter claim, its actually (IMHO) a salutory tale of the woes of modern football. Now, I am Norwich through and through - I have no desire whatsoever to see Ipswich rolling in cash, but I just can''t see the point of gloating about whether or not they are going to go out of business because their bitch / benefactor is / isn''t going to pull the plug on his funding in five years time.

I know some Ipswich fans. They are nice people - work hard, play hard are not IN BRED and love their club just as much as Norwich fans do. In short, they are no better or worse than the rest of us. I think you''ll find the real enemy here are vultures who would rape and pillage a football club, destroying years of history and heritage, robbing future generations of the joys/woes of following the team their fathers did.

I have no desire to see Ipswich on their knees. Vive la rivalry, but lets keep things in perspective.

[/quote]

Ipswich are the biaatches......Evans is the speculator.

This is rivalry is it not? This is the discussion...at one end thousands of town fans waving fivers at us and at the other Norwich fans pointing out that the picture isn''t as rosy.

Obviously your not the real Bob Fleck

Ween, I have no beef with you or your opinions. Lets get that straight.

All i''m saying is that there is always a bigger picture to any any argument. And, regardless of loyalties, I see this whole story as a pretty scary take on what could happen to any football club in this day and age.

An i''m not the real Bob Fleck, of course. I''m far better looking.

[quote user="bobfleck"]

Ween, I have no beef with you or your opinions. Lets get that straight.

All i''m saying is that there is always a bigger picture to any any argument. And, regardless of loyalties, I see this whole story as a pretty scary take on what could happen to any football club in this day and age.

An i''m not the real Bob Fleck, of course. I''m far better looking.

[/quote]

Lucky you...no one deserves that chin.[:O]

i don''t think we should be slinging too much mud at Ipswich. Its a real possibility that we are going to be in a similar situation in the future. Personally, i wouldn''t turn down a similar deal if one was to come our way. This is 21st century football, some people really need to get with the times.

Look at where they are, and are heading. Now look where we are are, and where we''re heading.

We may be eating humble pie in large quantity.

[quote user="archer4721"]

i don''t think we should be slinging too much mud at Ipswich. Its a real possibility that we are going to be in a similar situation in the future. Personally, i wouldn''t turn down a similar deal if one was to come our way. This is 21st century football, some people really need to get with the times.

Look at where they are, and are heading. Now look where we are are, and where we''re heading.

We may be eating humble pie in large quantity.

[/quote]

This is unlikely to happen to us since the club is largely well run based on values rooted in the comuinity. Ipswich on the other hand have been a basket case since their Uefa Cup qualification (maybe some on this board can learn from this) went to their heads. I am not sure they are heading anywhere special as the so called £12 million war chest seems to have been spent largely on Champs level trundlers.  If you wouldn''t turn down a deal like this (Sell the club for £3.8 million, borrow a stack of cash and pay £3million a season for it) it is you that really needs to get with the times. I don''t even think they are much more likely to see the Prem in the next three years than we are.