Sign in to follow this  
BBFF

Are The Smith's about to go?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the Smiths have to retire from the board in a few years with no re election.. i wonder what will happen then?

jas :)

[/quote]I think they can still own their shares though jas.[/quote]

Exactly. There''s no rule to say you have to own x number of shares to be a Board member.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]

I am not sure whether the Smiths are about to move aside but whether it has come from the Smiths/Turners or associates I am not sure but I have been told from a reliable source that our transfer kitty is pleasantly larger than everyone thinks, and that things will get moving very quickly shortly.  Good things come to those that wait......

[/quote]

Thats exactly the opposite to what i have heard from an also very relieable source.  Thinks are alot worse that most think.

Just goes to show...

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Amazing how the board supporters are all for "prudence" but are able to disregard a couple of million when it suits them.[/quote]

Would you actually rather be in Ips- er, their boat FP ?  Sold your club for a handful of beans and a midfielder from Plymouth to an arms dealer ?

[/quote]

No blah, I''d rather be where Hull are . . .

[/quote]

Do you think the tahn fans really care about where the money has come from?....i wouldn''t myself. This is football, not a nursery school mate.

[quote user="archer4721"][quote user="Punting Canary"]

I am not sure whether the Smiths are about to move aside but whether it has come from the Smiths/Turners or associates I am not sure but I have been told from a reliable source that our transfer kitty is pleasantly larger than everyone thinks, and that things will get moving very quickly shortly.  Good things come to those that wait......

[/quote]

Thats exactly the opposite to what i have heard from an also very relieable source.  Thinks are alot worse that most think.

Just goes to show...

[/quote]

We can only hope that puntings source is closer to the truth because if we don''t find any money this time around we are in the brown stuff big time, we don''t even have a team good enough to compete in league 1 at the moment and without major activity in the transfer market this summer we WILL be relegated. If it is indeed true that we don''t have any money yet again the whole board should hang their heads in shame and resign.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Fat Prophet wrote......

"In case you thought it couldn''t get any worse, the bad news is that if D&M did sell up the club would be liable to repay the Turners'' £2m loan straight away."

How to make a crisis from a drama FP !  It''s true that the £2m loan would become payable immediately if they sold up but there are only two alternatives. Either the Turners buy them out, in which case they certainly wouldn''t take their money out of a business that they had just invested in, or an outside investor bought out Delia and Michael and in all probability, would buy out the Turners too. In this event, the new investor would probably want total control so he would re-imburse the £2m to the Turners.

Either way, I don''t see it as "bad news" in fact surely it would be good news to all those on here who call for D and M to sell up !

[/quote]How to defend the indefensible Lappin!  Surely it would tend to deter potential investors, so how can it possibly be good news?  [/quote]Unlike Ipswich who were insolvent at the time of their takeover by Evans (hence £12m), any investor wishing to buy out NCFC would have to cough up a multi-million fee so a £2m loan would be small fry in comparison.[/quote]

Amazing how the board supporters are all for "prudence" but are able to disregard a couple of million when it suits them. [/quote]I think if you looked through this whole site you would not find one post calling for "prudence" and I didn''t "disregard" £2m either. My, you do have a way with words FP !

What I did say was that if a new buyer came in for NCFC, he would have to buy D&Ms shares, Carrow Rd and all that entails i.e stadium, restaurants,bars, land etc, Colney, Players contracts and transfer values, the list is endless and the total cost would run into many millions of pounds. So, my point was, in that context an extra £2m wouldn''t affect a sale in any way.

As a matter of interest, how much do you think that lot would cost ? My guess is well in excess of £100m !

[/quote]

Not sure of your logic there as they''d only have to purchase D&M''s shares, nothing else, in order to get a majority stake in the Club.

It wouldn''t surprise me, if Deals and Mickster don''t depart the club with a tidy sum which far exceeds what they''ve supposedly contributed to the Canary coffers....

Good business if you can get it......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

It wouldn''t surprise me, if Deals and Mickster don''t depart the club with a tidy sum which far exceeds what they''ve supposedly contributed to the Canary coffers....

Good business if you can get it......

[/quote]

Hard to say Mellow. Part of me says, good luck to them if they did, given the amount of cahs they''ve actually contributed over the years.

However, I really can''t see someone coming a long and paying them full value for their shares, if, as D & M tell us, there''s no-one out there to buy them in the first place?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

agreed with some of the points here.. just what are the Turners bringing to this football club.

apart from being Delias pals (to keep it with Rioch, Hamilton, Worthy and Grant.. who were also all Delias pals) they do not appear to be offering funds or further loans to the football club.

I guess the more friends Delia has on board the harder it is for people to oust her.. Closed ranks etc...

[/quote]

I''ve heard it said that Delia and Mrs Turner do not even speak to each other and that they do not get on.

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

agreed with some of the points here.. just what are the Turners bringing to this football club.

apart from being Delias pals (to keep it with Rioch, Hamilton, Worthy and Grant.. who were also all Delias pals) they do not appear to be offering funds or further loans to the football club.

I guess the more friends Delia has on board the harder it is for people to oust her.. Closed ranks etc...

[/quote]

I''ve heard it said that Delia and Mrs Turner do not even speak to each other and that they do not get on.

[/quote]

Hmmm.[^o)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmm.[^o)]

[/quote]

A cunning plan to knock a few pounds off the price of D & M''s shares? [;)]