Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

hoolahan to sign...breaking news

just had it confirmed via factiva news (part of dow jones news corp whoi work for) that wes hoolahan is to sign a three year deal for NORWICH.... on monday... i got the news on my blackberry so can''t post a link but i would imagine it should leak in other places on the internet... promise i am not lying...

well i''d be suprised if it isn''t.... for them to run a story on factiva as a confirmation it''s unlikely to be just talk... do any of you have factiva? if so search for the story... promise you its on there...

i think you''re going to be suprised then... he''s coming here.... if i''m wrong then fine but i wouldn''t post something like this unless i was confident of the source... factiva is a business site although its news corp it wont publish idle gossip of maybe a chance of things... i am pretty sure they''ll have concrete evidence.

[quote user="Chabal"]Never gonna happen, he''ll go somewhere with better prospects for more money..[/quote]

And your suggesting Ipswich.

Well we do have better prospects and will probably pay more. But no, he''ll go somewhere better than that i think, maybe a Preniership club..

[quote user="Chabal"]Well we do have better prospects and will probably pay more. But no, he''ll go somewhere better than that i think, maybe a Preniership club..[/quote]

Oh naff off

[quote user="Chabal"]Well we do have better prospects and will probably pay more. But no, he''ll go somewhere better than that i think, maybe a Preniership club..[/quote]

No, I think the lad is a bit like Ian Wright was.  Came into the game a bit later than normal, fannied about at a lower level for a bit.  He is likely to want to move somewhere where he is a guarenteed first 11 player.  Norwich, at the moment with our squad the way it is are probably the only club who can guarantee that.  Plus I think we pay OK.  And lets be honest here, at best we are his stepping stone to bigger and better things. 

[quote user="Jameswallis"]just had it confirmed via factiva news (part of dow jones news corp whoi work for) that wes hoolahan is to sign a three year deal for NORWICH.... on monday...

i got the news on my blackberry so can''t post a link but i would imagine it should leak in other places on the internet...

promise i am not lying...
[/quote]

Be a good signing if it happens.   And Mr Roeder is back from his hols although I''m told it wasn''t much of a holiday!

Camul, can you confirm the integrity of the factiva thing.  Not that I dont trust the original poster, its just I have seen more of your posts and kind of trust your expert opinion.

[quote user="Jameswallis"]just had it confirmed via factiva news (part of dow jones news corp whoi work for) that wes hoolahan is to sign a three year deal for NORWICH.... on monday...

i got the news on my blackberry so can''t post a link but i would imagine it should leak in other places on the internet...

[/quote]

Don''t believe you.

Get on with your work.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Camul, can you confirm the integrity of the factiva thing.  Not that I dont trust the original poster, its just I have seen more of your posts and kind of trust your expert opinion.[/quote]

I can''t find it anywhere else at the moment - we did have a check round just now and it''s eluded the Blackpool lot so far as well although it is Friday night and they are probably all down the pub.

I do believe there are things going on in the background but whether it''s Hoolahan or not I have no idea - the one thing I would say is that no one knocks back Hoolahan as a possible in the way Roeder knocked back the Scottish lad the other day.

Factiva use a lot of agency stuff so that''s a possible source but I''m surprised it hasn''t been picked up by Sky, for example.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Be a good signing if it happens.   And Mr Roeder is back from his hols although I''m told it wasn''t much of a holiday!

[/quote]

Did he send you a postcard Camul?

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did he send you a postcard Camul?

[/quote]

LOL! ''Fraid not.  I''m told he spent most of it on the phone so it doesn''t sound like much of a holiday.  I get the impression it was more a break for Mrs R and their son as I guess they won''t see a lot of him for the rest of the Summer.

for god sake people how many more people do you need to tell you that Hoolahan has signed a three year contract.

You have bullard who has some sort of relation and has proven this with the first with the news and pics of him and Wes, he knew since 15th May about our interest.
You have my source who keeps saying he has signed (its up to you if you dont believe me)
You have brandonio from wotb who is reliable and doesnt make things up
The same goes for fanforlife on official site and ncfc fans who says he has signed along with Bell
You now have this person via factiva (never heard of).

That is five separate sources, and as you know as soon as you get more than 1 or 2 people saying the same thing, you end up with the chances that the story is true.

I read the rumours and listen to people saying this player and that player, but until it''s on the official NCFC website I won''t believe anything anyone says on here or other threads with regards to players we might or might not be signing.  Been here too often for too many years. No offence meant it''s just how these rumours and he said she said threads make you feel.

[quote user="Jameswallis"]i think you''re going to be suprised then... he''s coming here.... if i''m wrong then fine but i wouldn''t post something like this unless i was confident of the source... factiva is a business site although its news corp it wont publish idle gossip of maybe a chance of things... i am pretty sure they''ll have concrete evidence.
[/quote]

But Factiva is a newsfeed site like anything else.  A bit like Newsnow, but it has subs to the FT, WSJ, Thomsons etc.  So like any other media it''s dependent on the published sources of information.  Factiva even takes a feed from the EDP and that had us signing Earnshaw the day he signed for Forest!

So while Factiva may be no better a true source of info than any other of the media, I still believe that Hoolahan will sign.  Too many people claim to know the details on this one for it not to be true.  And if he does sign I''ll be delighted - he looks a great little player from what little I''ve seen of him.

The latest Factiva story from The Irish Times, quotes some QPR player or other talking about trying to persuade Hoolahan to sign for them. 

The only source to believe is...

Reggae Reggae Sauce!

Tried it last night for the first time, a bit hot and spicy!

I have searched Factiva and there is nothing more on there that you can find anywhere at the moment. A whole load of unsubstantiated rumour unfortunately.

Wasn''t there a rumour that hoolahoop  went away on holiday last sunday or monday after already passing a mdeical. So perhaps while hje was away, the loose ends to do with blacpool were sorted and with a contract signed, they waited to get everytihng in place and will unveil hoim on monday after his holiday.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I have searched Factiva and there is nothing more on there that you can find anywhere at the moment. A whole load of unsubstantiated rumour unfortunately.[/quote]

Look on the bright side you lot! Mr Roeder is back from his "holiday."

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I have searched Factiva and there is nothing more on there that you can find anywhere at the moment. A whole load of unsubstantiated rumour unfortunately.[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank God

cos at the moment we''ll be starting the seaosn playing 5 a side!

[quote user="HUDDY "][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Thank God

cos at the moment we''ll be starting the seaosn playing 5 a side!

[/quote]

I don''t think so.

http://iworks.factiva.com/ur/default.aspx?ss=hoolahan&fid=0&fr=0&thm=-1&md=0&hso=0&sc=0&sq=0&dq=0&ct=1&dp=0&rrst=0

Owen Cowzer

124 words

31 May 2008

Eire 71

English

(c) 2008 News Group Newspapers. All rights reserved

IRELAND winger Wes Hoolahan will sign for Norwich City on Monday after he agreed a three-year deal at Carrow Road.

The Canaries'' Euro 300,000 bid triggered a get-out clause in his Blackpool contract.

Now Hoolahan, 26, will make the switch to Glenn Roeder''s promotion-chasing outfit.

Target

Hoolahan helped Blackpool to stay in

the Championship last year but his performances made him a target for

bigger clubs, with Sheffield United, QPR and Norwich all tracking him.

And the Canaries have won the battle for his

signature after Roeder convinced the Dubliner - who made his Ireland

debut against Colombia on Thursday - that Norwich can challenge for

promotion next term.

(C) The Sun, 2008

Document THESUN0020080606e45v000cy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Seems like the original poster was not lying. However it also seems that it is a piece of news from the Sun so is it news or is it rumour?So don''t doubt the poster, doubt the report by all means but not the poster. The link is at the top for the factiva news page containing all links to Hoolahan - I recomend that people wait for more news before getting their one month free trial as I have pasted all the info on here now.

I''m not going to ''doubt'' the report.I''m going to say that it is 100% proved wrong. He didn''t sign on Monday the 2nd as it said he would.