Sign in to follow this  
Skip

Fulham

Sorry if this has been done......but a couple in there could do a job defo for us!!

Bocanegra always looked good!!! Ian Pearce must have a couple of years left in him??!!?? and he would i think be a good addition.

Players Released
Friday 23rd May 2008
Fulham Football Club can confirm the following players have left the Club:

Jari Litmanen
Carlos Bocanegra
Philippe Christanval
Simon Elliott
Ian Pearce
Michael Timlin
Ismael Ehui
Bjorn Runstrom
Paul Stalteri has also returned to Tottenham Hotspur following the end of his loan spell.

The Club would like to thank the players for their contributions and wishes them all the best for the future.

dont know to much about some of them

carlos would be very good addition to any side in our league, not sure he will drop down but you never know, but then if he does theyll prob be 10 team intrested in him

all rest i wouldnt bother with except from elliot, timlin, ehui and runstrom who cant comment on as i havnt seen them play

[quote user="we8wba"]

dont know to much about some of them

carlos would be very good addition to any side in our league, not sure he will drop down but you never know, but then if he does theyll prob be 10 team intrested in him

all rest i wouldnt bother with except from elliot, timlin, ehui and runstrom who cant comment on as i havnt seen them play

[/quote]

surprised all of them arent heading to wolves after your fantastic late run into the play-off final HAHA YOU IDIOT

Of all of those I would say Ismael Ehui, despite a poor start he was well thought of at Fulham under the previous manager/s and could be one of those players who come good.

Bocanegra would be a quality signing, dont know if he would come here, Hodgson has aso frozen a few players out who might be worth havin a look at:

Seol, John, Baird

All depends on what we have to spend and who wants to come ere !

[quote user="notsosuperchrisymartin"]

Bocanegra would be a quality signing, dont know if he would come here, Hodgson has aso frozen a few players out who might be worth havin a look at:

Seol, John, Baird

[/quote]

3 good suggestions there

seol on his day is eletric but then if someone bit rough with him then he goes wondering, he one of those who loves a summers day v crewe when you 3-0 up but doesnt like the cold tuesday night at grimbsy

john - did he go loan someone last year? i always think he is very capable of getting goals in this league and just needs a run of games

baird - looked very good prospect at saints, gone bit quiet last year or two but could be move he needs to get his career back on track

three good suggestions there

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="notsosuperchrisymartin"]

Seol, John, Baird

[/quote]

3 good suggestions there

seol on his day is eletric but then if someone bit rough with him then he goes wondering, he one of those who loves a summers day v crewe when you 3-0 up but doesnt like the cold tuesday night at grimbsy

john - did he go loan someone last year? i always think he is very capable of getting goals in this league and just needs a run of games

baird - looked very good prospect at saints, gone bit quiet last year or two but could be move he needs to get his career back on track

three good suggestions there

[/quote]It''s quite funny that all 3 of those players reached a peak or success and since then things have gone completely done hill for them. I always thought Seol had the potential to be a top player in this league but he looked out of depth in the prem. Colins John looked superb only a few seasons ago. It''s amazing to think he''s only 22 still (although I don''t trust african birth certificates). I''m sure he was at watford this season but didn''t do very well and went back to fulham. He definately has the potential but has had regular games in years. Baird did a great job at soton and is only 26/27? but I think he has played a few games and came in for quite a big fee, £3m if I recall correctly, so he may well be out of our price bracket.

Pearce could be a very wise signing. He''d make a good club captain, with lots of spirit. He might provide the leadership and strength that we''ve lost with Dublin, even though he might not play every game. I''d love it if we signed him. Bocanegra and Christanval would also be great signings

Didn''t Jimmy Bullard come to CR for a trial when he was released by West Ham?????

We rejected him, he signed for Peterborough and the rest, as they say, is history.

He''s top Man.

Loads of energy, he could run for ''Eight Days A Week''

[quote user="Beatle"]

Didn''t Jimmy Bullard come to CR for a trial when he was released by West Ham?????

We rejected him, he signed for Peterborough and the rest, as they say, is history.

He''s top Man.

Loads of energy, he could run for ''Eight Days A Week''

[/quote]

If it wasn''t for his knee injury, I think he''d have had a few International caps on his head.

I''d love the type and kind of player of his ability, here at Carrow Road.

The US Soccer people are thrilled Fulham stayed up.  It is the most American team in the Prem. However, Reading and Derby have a couple of my boys on their rosters, too, and I don''t know that many (or any) other Prem teams have any Americans.  I am sure there are a few, but I am on a roll right now, and kind of drunk, so .......oh yeah, Tim Howard and Brad Freidel........ give me a break.

Bocanegra would be an awesome pick up, but I''ll tell you who would be the ultimate American for us, and that''s Benny Feilhaber from Derby Co.  Bocanegra is on the downside of his career, although he could be like Martin Peters was for us.  However, I have seen Feilhaber play several games for the US, and he is NAILS!  His distribution is incredible. For some reason, he did not get much time on the pitch with Derby this year, and I am sure the US Soccer team will push for him to be traded to a team that will actually use him. With him and Fotheringham in the central midfield, we would be set there for the season. 

I don''t know what the team decision makers in Derby were drinking this year, but it seems to me they left 2 of their best players off the field while letting the ones who were OBVIOUSLY over matched play week in and week out.  Earnshaw barely got a shot until the end when it just didn''t matter, and Feilhaber was not in the line ups I saw very often.