Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Wish they would'nt do this....

More signings in pipeline - City coach

24 May 2008 10:44

The transfer wheels are well in motion at Carrow Road, according to Canaries first team coach Paul Stephenson.Norwich

City''s management trio of Stephenson, manager Glenn Roeder and his

assistant Lee Clark have already banged their heads together over who

they think should be on their summer transfer hit list, with the

current first team squad down to the bare bones.And Stephenson

said that, with the signings of Mark Fotheringham - who agreed to stay

at Carrow Road for a further year on Thursday - and a new goalkeeping

coach in former Northern Ireland ''keeper Tommy Wright, it will not be

long before more follow. “We have been targeting players but it is up

to the manager then to decide which ones he wants to pursue,” said

Stephenson. “Glenn has been doing that and he has spoken to a few. I

won''t name names obviously but it is just a case of dealing with them

and their representatives and seeing what transpires.We have just signed one, haven''t we?” he said, referring to Fotheringham. “He

had an excellent season and he improved a lot during it. He is very

reliable, has great leadership qualities and is a great person to have

around.
Wish the powers that be would''nt try and pursuade us that signings such as this are ''new'' signings, I know technically they probably are but please.

I know exactly how you feel. It really is cheating calling a contract extension a signing!

I see where you coming from but in reality it is. The player was unattached and there were plenty of clubs after him. In his talk Fozzy mentions that he wouldnt go to a prem club even though he wants to just to be on the bench. So i assume from that som eprem clubs where in too.

I know its cheatinf but it is signing a player : )

[quote user="AndyJR"]Have to say it''s remebering Wiz''s comments that prompted the article.
[/quote]

Its called spin Andy, but of course you and a few other brave souls already knew that.............now, all we have to do is convince a few others mate..............like 24 thousand!.[:D]

i expect when the Doc signs a new deal it willl be heralded as "the signing of the summer" by the club in our "quest for the premiership"...

no money.. i''ve been saying it for months now....

look at who has left Carrow Road this season... there is NO m oney for players.... we are cost cutting.. hence a 1 year deal for Foz....

jas :)

How can a contract extension be a new signing?

To anyone who really does work at our club (and who reads these boards)

Please credit your supporters with some intelligence. Quite a few of us have been here a lot longer than most of you. We all know the club needs to make a significant number of signings - and dressing Fozzy up as a new signing is another all time low in the bulging catalogue of spin.

Whether or not Fozzy''s one year extension is a good deal or not remains to be seen. What the club needs to do is to instill some integrity and honesty into some of it''s statements in the press.

While Stephenson is new and just trying to paint a pretty picture I suppose we can just about accept with good grace, but the latest Doncaster column is shameful. Time during the summer break for the club to clean up its act and start treating its must saluted loyal fans as such.

Can''t help thinking there''s some truth in the old adage: "You get the government you deserve."In our case I think part of the reason the Canary hierarchy treats us fans as if we''re halfwits is that they''re of the opinion that we''re a bit simple and actaully buy into their spin-ladened vision. The fact that all our season tickets get seemingly automatically renewed regardless of the footballing potential of the squad leaves them smug in the belief that they can say what they want and 20,000 mugs will buy into it.I think it''s great that we''re such a loyal bunch, but it really does make their job very easy... And there''s an argument that if people waited to renew to see whether we actually signed someone (and I know they have us because it''s obviously dearer by then), then they might have to be more proactive in attracting new signings to also attract season ticket holders. Rather than just talking a big, but ultimately empty, game.(And OK, before someone says would you prefer the Catch-22 alternative where no one renews and we therefore have no money for signings, I know and it''s a tricky one. Not offering a solution particularly, just trying to understand why they keep coming out with such Orwellian drivel!)

i tell you what i hope he''s right because i know we cant get players yet because the transfer window isnt open but im getting well impatient lol

[quote user="Grando"]Can''t help thinking there''s some truth in the old adage: "You get the government you deserve."

In our case I think part of the reason the Canary hierarchy treats us fans as if we''re halfwits is that they''re of the opinion that we''re a bit simple and actaully buy into their spin-ladened vision. The fact that all our season tickets get seemingly automatically renewed regardless of the footballing potential of the squad leaves them smug in the belief that they can say what they want and 20,000 mugs will buy into it.

I think it''s great that we''re such a loyal bunch, but it really does make their job very easy... And there''s an argument that if people waited to renew to see whether we actually signed someone (and I know they have us because it''s obviously dearer by then), then they might have to be more proactive in attracting new signings to also attract season ticket holders. Rather than just talking a big, but ultimately empty, game.

(And OK, before someone says would you prefer the Catch-22 alternative where no one renews and we therefore have no money for signings, I know and it''s a tricky one. Not offering a solution particularly, just trying to understand why they keep coming out with such Orwellian drivel!)
[/quote]

Neil Doncaster openly admitted to me during a phone conversation that not all supporters are clever enough to understand the realities of running a football club so they offer basic responses to questionsin general. I was disgusted by his comments.

Spot on Andy JR what is even worse is, that though I like Fotheringham and am pleased he is staying he is hardly the best midfielder in the world, this club of ours has had much better players than him just shows how far the people who alledgedly run this club have let things slip. He is not a great player he is an adequate one they are trying to make it sound as if we have signed Gerrard or Lampard.

Let''s be realistic people, we are Norwich, we won''t get ''''massive'''' world class players such as Stevie G, or Lampard, for those of you thinking the club can afford to pay world class players you are living in cloud cuckoo land [;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Let''s be realistic people, we are Norwich, we won''t get ''''massive'''' world class players such as Stevie G, or Lampard, for those of you thinking the club can afford to pay world class players you are living in cloud cuckoo land [;)][/quote]I''m not asking for the world, simply when they anounce a ''new'' player - he is in fact new.  That all.  :)

[quote user="AndyJR"]Have to say it''s remebering Wiz''s comments that prompted the article.
[/quote]

Now Andy you lovely old boy , which 1st Wizard are you referring to ? we seem to have an abundance of 1st Wizards on here [8-)] arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Have to say it''s remebering Wiz''s comments that prompted the article.[/quote]

Now Andy you lovely old boy , which 1st Wizard are you referring to ? we seem to have an abundance of 1st Wizards on here [8-)] arrdee.

[/quote]Yes, it''s like a Hogworts gone wrong in here sometimes but the Wizard I refer to is the original Wizard : Joined on 04/10/2003

Behind the misty mountains

Posts 6,001''Misty Mountains'' - the Tolkein Wizard.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[quote user="Grando"]Can''t help thinking there''s some truth in the old adage: "You get the government you deserve."

In our case I think part of the reason the Canary hierarchy treats us fans as if we''re halfwits is that they''re of the opinion that we''re a bit simple and actaully buy into their spin-ladened vision. The fact that all our season tickets get seemingly automatically renewed regardless of the footballing potential of the squad leaves them smug in the belief that they can say what they want and 20,000 mugs will buy into it.

I think it''s great that we''re such a loyal bunch, but it really does make their job very easy... And there''s an argument that if people waited to renew to see whether we actually signed someone (and I know they have us because it''s obviously dearer by then), then they might have to be more proactive in attracting new signings to also attract season ticket holders. Rather than just talking a big, but ultimately empty, game.

(And OK, before someone says would you prefer the Catch-22 alternative where no one renews and we therefore have no money for signings, I know and it''s a tricky one. Not offering a solution particularly, just trying to understand why they keep coming out with such Orwellian drivel!)
[/quote]

Neil Doncaster openly admitted to me during a phone conversation that not all supporters are clever enough to understand the realities of running a football club so they offer basic responses to questionsin general. I was disgusted by his comments.

[/quote]

Did Mr Doncaster then openly admit, that not all Chief Execs are also clever enough to understand the realities of running a football club....But will continue to offer basic responses - even to those supporters who have a certain amount of intelligence - to their questions in general? [:|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[quote user="Grando"]Can''t help thinking there''s some truth in the old adage: "You get the government you deserve."In our case I think part of the reason the Canary hierarchy treats us fans as if we''re halfwits is that they''re of the opinion that we''re a bit simple and actaully buy into their spin-ladened vision. The fact that all our season tickets get seemingly automatically renewed regardless of the footballing potential of the squad leaves them smug in the belief that they can say what they want and 20,000 mugs will buy into it.I think it''s great that we''re such a loyal bunch, but it really does make their job very easy... And there''s an argument that if people waited to renew to see whether we actually signed someone (and I know they have us because it''s obviously dearer by then), then they might have to be more proactive in attracting new signings to also attract season ticket holders. Rather than just talking a big, but ultimately empty, game.(And OK, before someone says would you prefer the Catch-22 alternative where no one renews and we therefore have no money for signings, I know and it''s a tricky one. Not offering a solution particularly, just trying to understand why they keep coming out with such Orwellian drivel!)[/quote]

[/quote]

Did Mr Doncaster then openly admit, that not all Chief Execs are also clever enough to understand the realities of running a football club....But will continue to offer basic responses - even to those supporters who have a certain amount of intelligence - to their questions in general? [:|]

[/quote]

post of the century.

Getting a player to STAY for another year is NOT a new signing. Fotheringham is not prem quality, too many passes going astray, being under hit or over hit. For me i wasn''t really bothered if he stayed or not. We need better than this, if we want to do better than the last season!

I''m sure you''ve considered it but then decided it didn''t suit your naturally negative "spin" on everything, but perhaps it was said with tongue firmly in cheek.

Try and see things with  a glass half full mentality than doom and gloom all the time. We know that we will only find out about any signings at a press conference and when the ink is dry on the contract so why do you get upset at any lack of news this early in the close season?

It can only be that some people on here are only happy when they''re moaning, lets get back to supporting our club, and ffs lets get behind any new signings/loans/bosmans and give them all a real chance in to next season. I''m going to, who else???!!!!

OTBC 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope

[/quote]

You''re not a Polish journalist.....are you?

Well done 1st Wizard for calling that.  The club spin is now spluttering back into gear.  Be prepared for more smoke and mirror spin soon.

[quote user="2nd Wizard"]Well done 1st Wizard for calling that.  The club spin is now spluttering back into gear.  Be prepared for more smoke and mirror spin soon.
[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh another flip flopping Wiz to go with the 1st flip flopping Wiz, wonderful [:|]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="2nd Wizard"]Well done 1st Wizard for calling that.  The club spin is now spluttering back into gear.  Be prepared for more smoke and mirror spin soon.[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh another flip flopping Wiz to go with the 1st flip flopping Wiz, wonderful [:|]

[/quote]

He needs some back up,  I''ve watched these boards for too long now, and some posters are like coiled springs ready to jump on Wiz''s back just for the hell of it. Just my opinion mind

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope

[/quote]

You''re not a Polish journalist.....are you?

[/quote]

Nie