Sign in to follow this  
Sing Up The South Stand

Anyone been to Croke Park (Dublin) before?

Hey, as those who use the canaries.co.uk message board too may know, I''m going there next week to see Westlife -  in 8 days in fact.... Being in Ireland it''s more hopeful than anything else, but has anyone been there?  For whatever, but moreso for a concert as I''d like to know where the wheelchair area might be, as from my tickets I haven''t got a clue!

Cheers in advance.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

Hey, as those who use the canaries.co.uk message board too may know, I''m going there next week to see Westlife -  in 8 days in fact.... Being in Ireland it''s more hopeful than anything else, but has anyone been there?  For whatever, but moreso for a concert as I''d like to know where the wheelchair area might be, as from my tickets I haven''t got a clue!

Cheers in advance.

[/quote]

The normal wheelchair access (don''t know about concerts because I have only been for sport) is right at the back of the Davin Stand and also there are wheelchair spaces at the back of the Cusack stand.

That''s for sport - give them a ring 353 (0)1 819 2300 or email them at info@crokepark.ie in case things are different for concerts.

The Gaelic Football Museum is at the back of the Cusack stand and is really worth a look if you have the time.

Have a lovely time in my home country and enjoy yourself.  It''s a lovely stadium.

Ive been to 2 concerts there and getting out of the stadium is an absolute nightmare.  What stand are your tickets for?  Hope you have a great time.  I saw U2 there and it was an amazing night the Irish know how to "rock"

Somewhere on the pitch, my ticket says G1 if that means anything.

Thanks yeah sure I will, seeing my idols (even though I''m 20 and straight) and that there''s gonna be 80,000 people there, mostly girls that I can look at!

Hi Ben, I have some pics of the Croke park U2 concert that show where the wheelchair platform was on the pitch, I don''t know if it will be the same for Westlife [+o(] or not but I will email them to you.CheersDevon

HA HA like the [+o(].  I often get things like that when it comes to them - goes with the territory though I guess.  Even though I''m straight I do have a strange thing for boy bands and similar groups.  Only problem with male singers is I can''t "look" at them, have to make do with their gfs/wives.

Croke Park is a funny place - three quarters of it is a world class stadium, but one end is too close to a railway line and so could not be developed. Presumably they put the stage at that end.