Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Playing @ Carrow Road

I noticed a couple of people mentioned that they have played at CR in the last few weeks.   Well, I am due to play on monday but unsure about spectators....Can anyone sit and watch and do they have to pay? Thanks in advance.

i''ll come and shout abuse and whinge from start to finish... if a youngster comes on i shant give him a chance but boo him mercilessly... I will then phone Neil Adams and say "i remember the 59ers..." like most City standers do

jas :)

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Spectators are welcome in the City Stand, free of charge.[/quote]And no pressure, but the guy third from the right in the (unwashed) tracksuit is a scout.

whinge - jas the barclay king

I have seen this word many times, but I don''t know what it is, what it means, or even how to pronounce it.  At first, I thought people were misspelling "whine" but that can''t be right based on how it''s used and the fact that the letters ''e'' and ''g'' are not so close to each  other on the keyboard to write it off as a common typo.

Seriously, please someone let me know the pronounciation and meaning of this word that I never hear in the US. If it is something good, I can start using it in my conversation and help it spread.

If I can use it in class with my students, maybe I can get away with referring to them in a way I am not supposed to without parents and administrators getting involved.  Some of them sure deserve to be told the truth (that they are stupid) but you have to be creative in doing so.  Or else!

No, I don''t tell all of them they are asinine, just the ones who truly are, and they are few and far between. None of them has figured out what asinine means, which proves my point.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

whinge - jas the barclay king

I have seen this word many times, but I don''t know what it is, what it means, or even how to pronounce it.  At first, I thought people were misspelling "whine" but that can''t be right based on how it''s used and the fact that the letters ''e'' and ''g'' are not so close to each  other on the keyboard to write it off as a common typo.

[/quote]It pretty much means the same as "whine" and you would pronounce it phonetically as winj.  Rhymes with singe and, um, a word beginning with m which is a slang word for the female reproductive organs.

[quote user="Duffman"]I noticed a couple of people mentioned that they have played at CR in the last few weeks.   Well, I am due to play on monday but unsure about spectators....Can anyone sit and watch and do they have to pay?

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Duffman

I played ar Carrow Road las Thursday, spectators are allowed, we had bout 30 people watching, all free of charge (it was also filmed). You also get to use the changing rooms which are state of the art (NOT!)

Great pitch to play on though and good experience.

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

[quote user="Duffman"]I noticed a couple of people mentioned that they have played at CR in the last few weeks.   Well, I am due to play on monday but unsure about spectators....Can anyone sit and watch and do they have to pay? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Duffman

I played ar Carrow Road las Thursday, spectators are allowed, we had bout 30 people watching, all free of charge (it was also filmed). You also get to use the changing rooms which are state of the art (NOT!)

[/quote]Whats all this about the changing rooms?  It''s not the first time it''s been mentioned - great staduim and facilites (Colney etc) but dreadful changing rooms.  Why?  Perhaps they should open a small Bistro in there, then they would soon be brought up to scratch.

Thanks.  And I actually already AM familiar with the M word that looks like a Chinese dynasty with an ''e'' added to it..  I spent the summer of ''79 in Norwich.

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

[quote user="Duffman"]I noticed a couple of people mentioned that they have played at CR in the last few weeks.   Well, I am due to play on monday but unsure about spectators....Can anyone sit and watch and do they have to pay?

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Duffman

[/quote]

Did you have to replace your turf divots and repair the playing surface, after your knockabout? Or, have the club not yet made redundant - the Head Groundsman and his assistant......? 

Apparently, some insider saw Doncaster trying to figure out the controls on the club Lawnmower, and he was then espied tinkering with the sprinkler system......Then, he was clocked climbing a floodlight stanchion with a replacement bulb clenched between his teeth....whilst decked out in Captain Canary''s suit (without wearing the head as it requires modifying because it''s not large enough for his swede)....allegedly.

Rumours are, that he''s also contemplating enrolling on a basic ''food hygiene and handling course''......And is becoming quite a dab hand practising flipping burgers in ''Yellows'' although his fries are still soggy - and there''s room for improvement in his plate presentation and salad arrangement....But, insiders say, he can pour a decent pint in the Jarrold concourse refreshment area.....(if you like froth, that is)....

Times is tight, so for next season the motto is: "PRUDENCE WITH ATTRITION!"....  

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Duffman

[/quote]

Whats all this about the changing rooms?  It''s not the first time it''s been mentioned - great staduim and facilites (Colney etc) but dreadful changing rooms.  Why?  Perhaps they should open a small Bistro in there, then they would soon be brought up to scratch.
[/quote]

Dunno why they wouldn''t have given the changing rooms a lick of paint, surely not gonna spend that much, they honestly look worse than a sunday league pub team''s changing huts.

It can''t actually do the players morale any good. It''s embarrassing!!

Went in both, away was worst but it''s the home changing rooms that bother me.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i''ll come and shout abuse and whinge from start to finish... if a youngster comes on i shant give him a chance but boo him mercilessly... I will then phone Neil Adams and say "i remember the 59ers..." like most City standers do

jas :)

[/quote]

No doubt theres some morons with this mentality in th e city stand but not myself!

I''ll give youngsters a chance if they show they have something and are worthy of their 1st team place unlike Gibbs, Jarvis bros etc.

I don''t ring up Cabbagecall cause alot of the old moaners on there don''t even go to the games!

I can now die a happy man as I lived the dream today.   I''ll take you through my goal......Out on the right wing and cut inside the LB and ran to the the the edge of the box, felt the LB at my heels so flicked it to the right and the ball went through the LB''s legs and then hit it from 20 yards and went in off the bar.   All I was missing was the music and 20 thousand fans.   Oh well it will do for me.   and we won 5-2.Am gonna be hurting in the morning though but well worth it.Agree about the changing rooms.  I remember going in there about 7 years ago and it hasnt changed.    Everyone else commented on it aswell, expected individual lockers and maybe some TV''s.  Tactics board looks like it seen better days, no wonder we are crap at defending and scoring free kicks/corners.   Must be a mad rush for the showers seeing as theres only 4.   I''ve honestly seen better on a Sunday morning.

[quote user="Duffman"]I can now die a happy man as I lived the dream today.  

I''ll take you through my goal......Out on the right wing and cut inside the LB and ran to the the the edge of the box, felt the LB at my heels so flicked it to the right and the ball went through the LB''s legs and then hit it from 20 yards and went in off the bar.   All I was missing was the music and 20 thousand fans.   Oh well it will do for me.   and we won 5-2.

Am gonna be hurting in the morning though but well worth it.

Agree about the changing rooms.  I remember going in there about 7 years ago and it hasnt changed.    Everyone else commented on it aswell, expected individual lockers and maybe some TV''s.  Tactics board looks like it seen better days, no wonder we are crap at defending and scoring free kicks/corners.   Must be a mad rush for the showers seeing as theres only 4.   I''ve honestly seen better on a Sunday morning.
[/quote]

Then the new Colchester United changing rooms at Cuckoo Farm may be just what you want!

From the new Corporate Hospitality website:

Weddings at The Colchester Community Stadium

Colchester Community Stadium, in conjunction with Lindley Catering, offer the expertise and experience to make your ceremony that extra bit special and can provide you with a wealth of experience in helping you to tailor your day to perfection.

For the football fan, we offer the ultimate venue with even the option of holding your ceremony
in the home team changing room and having your wedding photographs taken pitchside. From
the moment you contact us, you can rely on our experienced and professional team to do their
utmost to ensure that your day is tailored to your needs down to the last detail.

We are committed to ensuring that your wedding reception is a truly memorable occasion and it is our aim to meet and exceed your expectations in every way. Our comprehensive packages have been carefully created and provide excellent value for money.

When the big day comes, you can be sure that you, your family and friends will thoroughly enjoy
our hospitality and will experience a wonderful day to remember.

There is a variety of menus available as well as a drinks package to suit your budget.