Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Where were you when this happened?

After depressing myself listening to the Canary review, I decided to cheer myself by watching this and felt the need to share it.  The second goal is just great, made special because of the opposition and Wayne Rooney throwing his toys out the pram........Great times.  From playing the Premier league and Euro champions to where we are now in 3 years, how could it happen?  Anyway, where were you when this happened?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-QJbUPye6M

Sitting in a pub in Farnham with a Man U supporter, and Ipswich supporter and my then girlfriend who was a Chelsea supporter.That day felt fantastic for so many reasons! It made being at Uni in the south east so much more bearable!I had to love it though - the Man U fan said at half time that Man U were "toying" with Norwich, and then the first goal came and he said, we will bring on the big guns and turn on the style now, the big guns came as did the seccond goal, at which point he was saying we still have time and they would do it still.The Ipswich fan was there to heap insult onto me and was obviously hoping we would loose. At half time he said he was impressed we hadn''t conceeded, at 1-0 up he was in a semi state of shock and at 2-0 up he was trying to convince the Man U fan that they weren''t going to do it.Possibly the last time the fans as a whole held out real belief in our team.

In the Barclay block E. Fantastic night.

What the hell is that god awful music in the backround?!

In the river end, it was the first time I had seen the river end get all excited, moved to Barclay after that 

Lower Barclay Block E Row W Seat 128.. close enough to the Man Yoo fans to see the whites of their eyes and the hurt on their faces and their return tickets to Yarmouth [;)]

Lower Barclay, surrounded by jubliant city fans and a few Man Utd fans also. Not so happy for them.

Great match, wonder if it will ever happen again?

Watching live in the Belle Vue pub, sharing a table with two other City fans, one Manchester United fan and two Chelsea fans (one of whom was an Arsenal fan at the time...)  Those £1.50 cheesy chips never tasted so good and the barmaids never looked better.

[quote user="Freeza"]

In the Barclay block E. Fantastic night.

What the hell is that god awful music in the backround?!

[/quote]Not that I''m in anyway responsible for the production of the video but the music is a terrible version of the original ''Das Boot'' theme (Klaus Doldinger).  The original music is superb as is the film.

Interesting to see how many careers there have gone backwards.,.... Safri, McKenzie and even Rooney to an extent.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Great match, wonder if it will ever happen again?[/quote]

Reckon it will. We beat them enough times over the years. I bet people were saying the same thing 10 years ago about the times we beat them in the 80''s.

In a pub in Worcester, with 3 of my Man united supporting mates and quite a few other Man U fans in there, and i was flying solo as the only norwich fan!! was hilarious, what a fantastic day!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Great match, wonder if it will ever happen again?[/quote]

Reckon it will. We beat them enough times over the years. I bet people were saying the same thing 10 years ago about the times we beat them in the 80''s.

[/quote]But back in that "bygone age", without the "magic" of this here "interweb"... reckon they were chalking up the scores on their abacuses and doffing caps to the lords of the pitch that glorious day... back when there was a car park where the River end stood.... didn''t need all that infrastructure then and we don''t need it now...(Yes Nigel, now I''ve turned into Mello Yello)

I was sat in a restaurant on holiday in Spain, as my sour ex girlfriend kept nagging me as I watched the first half in the pub...

No sooner had I sat down in the restaurant though, a Man U fan piped up and the staff unfurlded a large screen directly in front of me (much to my ex''s delight!).  Was great being the only Norwich supporter in with a bunch of Man U ones then! :-D

Apparently I embarassed her when Norwich scored :-)

[quote user="Gibbo"]

I was sat in a restaurant on holiday in Spain, as my sour ex girlfriend kept nagging me as I watched the first half in the pub...

No sooner had I sat down in the restaurant though, a Man U fan piped up and the staff unfurlded a large screen directly in front of me (much to my ex''s delight!).  Was great being the only Norwich supporter in with a bunch of Man U ones then! :-D

Apparently I embarassed her when Norwich scored :-)

[/quote]You sound rather happy you embarassed her Gibbo!   :)

Oh yeah! you''re spot on there.

One of the few good memories I have from that relationship ;-)

I was having forty winks in the ZZZzzzity Stand.....When Leon scored the second goal - and some chap breaking wind with excitement in front, startled, and awoke me.....

Actually, I was in the City Stand ''going menthol'' (I had a mouthful of cough sweets) and loving every second of goading the "Norwich is my second team, but Man Ure are my first" ''Duo'', that were sat 2 rows in front of me......

Infantile, but personally, most gratifying.....

I was in Morroco and very literally, nearly fell off my chair when i checked the score in an internet cafe.....!

i watched it at home, got drunk and went to see doves in the evening, what a terrific day i had.

Stuck in Ironbridge west midlands, with a ex-girlfriend and her mates at one of their birthday lunches. as soon as i found out the result i packed in the drinking for the day which for me is a big thing just so i could drive home and watch match of the day later on.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I was having forty winks in the ZZZzzzity Stand.....When Leon scored the second goal - and some chap breaking wind with excitement in front, startled, and awoke me.....

Actually, I was in the City Stand ''going menthol'' (I had a mouthful of cough sweets) and loving every second of goading the "Norwich is my second team, but Man Ure are my first" ''Duo'', that were sat 2 rows in front of me......

Infantile, but personally, most gratifying.....

[/quote]

Also in the ZZZzzzity Stand going mental.

The crazy thing is, on the morning of the game, we had a spare ticket, so I offered it to my then 10 years son. He declined, saying, "I don''t want to see us whipped". I did point out to him, "if we do the impossible, and win, I''ll be talking about it for years to come!"

And guess what [;)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]At the game, Ive seen us beat man utd many times home and away though.[/quote]If only we could commit your memory to video tape Arthur and put it on You tube as well! :)

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]At the game, Ive seen us beat man utd many times home and away though.[/quote]

If only we could commit your memory to video tape Arthur and put it on You tube as well! :)

[/quote]

Arthur needs to be committed.

LOL