Sign in to follow this  
Colourful Canary

DONCASTER IN POLAND - THE TRUTH

All you would-be Polish translators out there.....I think you''ve put 2 and 2 together and made 5.

One of the links to the Polish Press websites contained in the Rasiak threads elsewhere on this forum has a video of an interview with Neil Doncaster by a Polish journalist in English, overdubbed in Polish so you can hardly hear it.

Neil is asked whether he would consider ever acquiring a Polish player for Norwich City. Neil smiles and says that IN THE PAST the club had looked at Rasiak (now of Southampton) and Fabianski (goalkeeper, now of Arsenal), and would not altogether discount the possibility of a Polish player joining the club in the future. It is a diplomatic answer, but in no way does it suggest that we are currently looking at these players or any other rising Polish stars. Doncaster was in Poland to attend a sports business conference and happened to be asked the question as an aside by a curious journalist. That''s all.

After the half-year adventure in the Premiership representative of Poland Grzegorz Rasiak returns to the first English league. Jednak nie jest przesądzone, że rozpocznie sezon razem z Markiem Saganowskim w Southampton. However, it is not uncertain that it would start the season with Mark Saganowskim in Southampton. Rasiak znajduje się na liście życzeń Norwich City. Rasiak is on the list wishes of Norwich City.

After being saved Norwich City before the decline, the new coach of the team Carrow Road was Glenn Roeder. Już na samym wstępie zapowiedział duże zmiany. Already at the outset announced major changes. Nie przedłużył kontraktu z liderem drużyny - Darrenen Huckerbym, a szefostwo klubu postanowiło pożegnać się także z ośmioma innym zawodnikami. Do not prolong the contract with the team leader - Darrenen Huckerbym and szefostwo club also decided to say goodbye to eight other players.

Jednym z pierwszych transferów jakie ma zamiar przeprowadzić nowy trener jest sprowadzenie skrzydłowego Jamesa Browna i reprezentanta Polski Grzegorza Rasiaka. One of the first transfers which intends to carry out a new coach is bringing wing James Brown and a representative of Poland Grzegorz Rasiaka. - Wzmocnienia są nam bardzo potrzebne, inaczej nie da się budować silnego zespołu - mówi szkoleniowiec Norwich. -- Strengthening we are very necessary, otherwise unable to build a strong team - says the trainer Norwich.

Huge Hairy Canary - Online translators can often throw up spurious results, I presume that you either understand Polish or have a person with you who does? Although I can''t imagine where you would find a Pole in England nowadays......

[quote user="bunny"]

Huge Hairy Canary - Online translators can often throw up spurious results, I presume that you either understand Polish or have a person with you who does? Although I can''t imagine where you would find a Pole in England nowadays......

[/quote]

or any other nationality for that matter........

hmm Doomcaster in Poland and Euro 2008 around the corner... watch Polands squad carefully for clues then... i doubt it will happen but you never know! does Juskowiak still play for them? we need a striker...

jas :)

I sent it to my m8 in Poland and asked him to translate it for me. The resulting mail I got back was quite funny.

I''m not so good to translate it word after word but I think you will understand idea. So:

Mr. Neil Doncaster, chairman of Norwich City, during Forum Biznesu Sportowego in Chorzowie (its some kind of meeting about Business&Sport) disclosed to Sprt.pl that he wanted to bring (in the meaning of employ) Łukasz Fabiański i Grzegorz Rasiak to his club.

I have no idea who they are but I think it’s about footbal.

Alex Wink

So Doncaster is now the club chairman.[:P][;)]

The whole point of my thread was meant to be that what Neil Doncaster actually said last week (as evidenced by the video IN ENGLISH) is more reliable than a Polish Sports paper article translating what they think he said. And what he actually said was that Norwich City had looked at Rasiak and Fabianski in the past i.e. BEFORE they joined Derby and Arsenal respectively. He did not say they''re looking at them now. Incidentally, in the video interview he also corrects the interviewer who suggests that he is NCFC chairman and correctly points out that he is in fact only Chief Executive. 

That''s a really nice post CT. Even though it makes no sense and isn''t funny at all - it says a lot about you. A real charmer.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]That''s a really nice post CT. Even though it makes no sense and isn''t funny at all - it says a lot about you. A real charmer.[/quote]

read the post directly above mine and then get back to me...

I did and am now getting back to you. This thread is about Doncaster and Poland and translations. You''re post contained none of these things and all it communicated is your unhappiness regarding ( I can only presume) immigration levels or the ethnic mix of people in this country.There are many foreign supporters of our club and indeed fan clubs abroad. We have had many wonderful players from abroad too. I don''t like the use of the ''R'' word however the tone of your post raised that feeling. I''ll just call it ignorant.You''d probably have been better of not replying and letting it be. I''m prepared for some silly reply or some flacid justification or explanation - it however was just a stupid post you made.Keep replying and keeping the post on top please - I''d love to see what others think.I won''t argue with you. If you argue with fools they usually just bring you down to their level and then have a chance of winning using experience.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I did and am now getting back to you. This thread is about Doncaster and Poland and translations. You''re post contained none of these things and all it communicated is your unhappiness regarding ( I can only presume) immigration levels or the ethnic mix of people in this country.There are many foreign supporters of our club and indeed fan clubs abroad. We have had many wonderful players from abroad too. I don''t like the use of the ''R'' word however the tone of your post raised that feeling. I''ll just call it ignorant.You''d probably have been better of not replying and letting it be. I''m prepared for some silly reply or some flacid justification or explanation - it however was just a stupid post you made.Keep replying and keeping the post on top please - I''d love to see what others think.I won''t argue with you. If you argue with fools they usually just bring you down to their level and then have a chance of winning using experience.[/quote]I''m sure CT''s remark which suggests Britain has a high population of foreigners, will deeply upset all foreigners living in the UK and all 10 million will write in and complain in due course

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I did and am now getting back to you. This thread is about Doncaster and Poland and translations. You''re post contained none of these things and all it communicated is your unhappiness regarding ( I can only presume) immigration levels or the ethnic mix of people in this country.

There are many foreign supporters of our club and indeed fan clubs abroad. We have had many wonderful players from abroad too. I don''t like the use of the ''R'' word however the tone of your post raised that feeling.

I''ll just call it ignorant.

You''d probably have been better of not replying and letting it be. I''m prepared for some silly reply or some flacid justification or explanation - it however was just a stupid post you made.

Keep replying and keeping the post on top please - I''d love to see what others think.

I won''t argue with you. If you argue with fools they usually just bring you down to their level and then have a chance of winning using experience.

[/quote]

You are being ridiculous and over-zealous. How can you possibly flag someone as "racist" (for that is what you implied) for an humorous aside as to the amount of different nationalities residing in this country? Absolutely pathetic. 

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I did and am now getting back to you. This thread is about Doncaster and Poland and translations. You''re post contained none of these things and all it communicated is your unhappiness regarding ( I can only presume) immigration levels or the ethnic mix of people in this country.

There are many foreign supporters of our club and indeed fan clubs abroad. We have had many wonderful players from abroad too. I don''t like the use of the ''R'' word however the tone of your post raised that feeling.

I''ll just call it ignorant.

You''d probably have been better of not replying and letting it be. I''m prepared for some silly reply or some flacid justification or explanation - it however was just a stupid post you made.

Keep replying and keeping the post on top please - I''d love to see what others think.

I won''t argue with you. If you argue with fools they usually just bring you down to their level and then have a chance of winning using experience.

[/quote]

Get over it and see it for what it is for christ sake [can i say Christ or will that offend the PC brigade] You''re your own worse enemy if you think such things are offensive to foreigners. I wish the PC would actually ask a foreigner instead of presuming they find it offensive just because the leftie self loathers do.

[quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I did and am now getting back to you. This thread is about Doncaster and Poland and translations. You''re post contained none of these things and all it communicated is your unhappiness regarding ( I can only presume) immigration levels or the ethnic mix of people in this country.There are many foreign supporters of our club and indeed fan clubs abroad. We have had many wonderful players from abroad too. I don''t like the use of the ''R'' word however the tone of your post raised that feeling. I''ll just call it ignorant.You''d probably have been better of not replying and letting it be. I''m prepared for some silly reply or some flacid justification or explanation - it however was just a stupid post you made.Keep replying and keeping the post on top please - I''d love to see what others think.I won''t argue with you. If you argue with fools they usually just bring you down to their level and then have a chance of winning using experience.[/quote]

You are being ridiculous and over-zealous. How can you possibly flag someone as "racist" (for that is what you implied) for an humorous aside as to the amount of different nationalities residing in this country? Absolutely pathetic. 

[/quote]I am foreign.His aside wasn''t funny.His aside was a POLITICAL comment/opinion...that had nothing to do with FOOTBALL.He thought he''d get a cheap laugh however I found it offensive and ignorant.

Instead of jumping on bandwagons read his post, it was nothing to do with football. It was political commentary, plain and simple.

Whittle - I am foreign.This is a football board.I am over it - you guys are just giving it more readers which is fine by me.

Scottlarock

I''ll have you know that I am of mixed race as well! Somebody in the post above me said ''you cannot fail to find polish people'' have a go at them as well!!!

Dude, I apologise for the voracity of my post - I never intended it to be personal, indeed it was the tone of the post I was upset about.I didn''t have a go at Bunny because it was in context i.e. he was talking about Doncaster in Poland and the translating of the interview....so it was perfectly acceptable to mention at the moment there were lots of Poles in the uk for translating etc.Your post cheesed me of because as a stand alone it was political commentary about how many other nationalities are in the country. I then gave you a one liner which admittedly wasn''t complimentary but didn''t mention anything about why I thought it was a poor post. When you told me to read it again and then invited my comment I flipped my lid and gave you exactly that...my full comment. The tone of that post was a bridge too far - it was truthful, however I should have tempered it a bit.My parents are Italian however I have a broad Glasgow accent :-) - I became a Canary when I was six years old when I completed my first ever football sticker album and fell in love with the strip (all my classmates were ''old firm'' supporters). I went to UEA instead of Oxford purely so I could get a season ticket :-) :-). I was then lucky enough to work at the club and indeed had the keys to the stadium for a couple of seasons. I don''t want to fall out with any fan - we all take different paths but we all have one thing in common.This board should be about our support of our team however things can spill over into other things and shouldn''t affect our real lives - I know it affected mine today and if it affected yours then I am very sorry.I for one will think about other people before i hit ''post'' from now on. I''m sure you have misgivings too and I respect you for not entering a slanging match about it.Best Regards CT.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]Dude, I apologise for the voracity of my post - I never intended it to be personal, indeed it was the tone of the post I was upset about.

I didn''t have a go at Bunny because it was in context i.e. he was talking about Doncaster in Poland and the translating of the interview....so it was perfectly acceptable to mention at the moment there were lots of Poles in the uk for translating etc.

Your post cheesed me of because as a stand alone it was political commentary about how many other nationalities are in the country. I then gave you a one liner which admittedly wasn''t complimentary but didn''t mention anything about why I thought it was a poor post. When you told me to read it again and then invited my comment I flipped my lid and gave you exactly that...my full comment. The tone of that post was a bridge too far - it was truthful, however I should have tempered it a bit.

My parents are Italian however I have a broad Glasgow accent :-) - I became a Canary when I was six years old when I completed my first ever football sticker album and fell in love with the strip (all my classmates were ''old firm'' supporters). I went to UEA instead of Oxford purely so I could get a season ticket :-) :-). I was then lucky enough to work at the club and indeed had the keys to the stadium for a couple of seasons. I don''t want to fall out with any fan - we all take different paths but we all have one thing in common.

This board should be about our support of our team however things can spill over into other things and shouldn''t affect our real lives - I know it affected mine today and if it affected yours then I am very sorry.

I for one will think about other people before i hit ''post'' from now on. I''m sure you have misgivings too and I respect you for not entering a slanging match about it.

Best Regards CT.
[/quote]

I''m glad we''ve cleared that up [Y] [:)]