Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Where would David Bentley prefer to go?

"Look David" says Arsene "You''re a good player who needs to get more experience than we currently can offer you, a number of teams have expressed an interest in taking you on loan for next season, where would you think your future will be best served.

"Ther''es Norwich City a team that plays its football in a little backwater called Norfolk, but its only 2 hours from London, ok your a footballer with a Ferrari say 40 minutes, they play excellent football, have a great team, very good management, excellent training facilities, the city is buzzing, if you are successful and apply yourself the supporters will love you. Lets have a quick look at their promotion celebration party, evidently it was some affair".

"Or there''s West Brom, I am sure you must have caught theit tantalising brand of football and you may also benefit from the old school managerial style of Meggers".

"There may be others of course, I of course know which looks to be the best option, but its up to you.

What would you do, its certainly a dilemma.

If I were David Bentley, keen to get as many games in the next season as possible, I would be making that my number one priority when choosing my destination. As Bolton also appear to be interested, I would be looking to see where I was going to be in the pecking order there. Chances are he would have more opportunities at West Brom or Norwich since Bolton have more strength in depth and are clearly looking to increase numbers further still. As he is from Peterborough and possibly still has family in that area, then Norwich would seem to have the advantage in that respect. So far as being treated as a human being is concerned then, to my way of thinking, there is no contest: we win every time! Plus, and I know I''m extremely biased here, where would you rather live and work? Norfolk/Norwich or West Bromwich/Birmingham? At the end of the day it is horses for courses and he may feel his cause is better served elsewhere, but I hope the whole deal here turns out to be just too sweet for him to refuse as Arsene Wenger clearly thinks very highly of him and he might just do wonders for us.