Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Now we're linked with Sibierski

I agree would be a very good signing, depending if this would cost us much, if he is a free signing i say snap him up.

Would be a very good signing, I think.

Wonder what his wage demands would be like given that he''s played for 3 Premier League clubs...

Would be a fantastic signing. Very good header of the ball, would as you have already mentioned, fill the void of Dublin. One problem is his wages though.

Also Norwich City boss Glenn Roeder has got the green light to launch a

double transfer bid for Blackpool duo Wes Hoolahan and Kaspars Gorkss

Another old timer , isnt that why we shipped out Huckerby , if we are building for the future lets do it not fill the team with pensioners.

Where did the Evening News get this from?

There is no quotes or referances newspaper columns. Do they know something we dont or are they putting 2+2 together to make a story?

Good player, I like him a lot.  Would be an excellent signing in my book, could also be a decent partner for Cureton.  Plus he also likes to come deep to get the ball, has decent skill. 

With him linked plus Hoolahan I am getting the impression that Roeder wants people who like to play football the right way.  Silky silky Norwich here we come.

Believe it when I see him at Carrow Road - or better still walking ''round Morrisons/Riverside'' which seems obligatory for any new signing.  It''s beginning to become easier to ask who we haven''t been linked with, no different to past seasons so I shan''t be getting my hopes up just yet.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Good player, I like him a lot.  Would be an excellent signing in my book, could also be a decent partner for Cureton. 

[/quote]

Hopefully, if he was being signed, it wouldn''t be with a view to having Cureton as his main strike partner.

Would be a good signing, add him to Taylor, Righters, Hoolahoop and thats a good start for the summer. Like someone said, its not the the fee that hinder clubs, its the wages.

COME ON CULLEN, WHACK SOME CASH IN THE CLUB.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]be the big hold-up here.  I wonder how much he would want?  More than the £6000 a week average no doubt.

Hopefully we can tempt the Blackpool pair, but with rumours bigger club Charlton are in the race I wouldn''t bank on it.
[/quote]

Charlton may have more money than us (which i presume is what you mean) but they are in no way shape or form a bigger club than us. They are a tinpot outfit and it has always irked me somewhat that we have held them up as some kind of role models.

Lazy journalism. Players become available, City need players therefore we are linked to them. As I''ve said before I''ll wait until they are announced and I''ve seen them play for us. Then we can say whether it''s a good signing or not.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]be the big hold-up here.  I wonder how much he would want?  More than the £6000 a week average no doubt.

Hopefully we can tempt the Blackpool pair, but with rumours bigger club Charlton are in the race I wouldn''t bank on it.
[/quote]

Charlton are only bigger than us because they''ve been in the prem for the last few years without actually achieving anything, give them another couple of years in the championship until their parachute payments run out and they''ll be on a par with us but with smaller crowds.

[quote user="O.J."][QUOTE]Roeder shelled out £2m to take the 6ft 2in forward to Newcastle United from Manchester City in August 2006[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]“Antoine Sibierski was the other and along with Sol Campbell, he was one of the two best free transfers of last season.”[/QUOTE]
Horrendous journalism.
[/quote]

Read the whole story again...

[quote user="O.J."]Horrendous journalism.[/quote]Horrendous article skimming resulting in egg on face...

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Charlton may have more money than us (which i presume is what you mean) but they are in no way shape or form a bigger club than us. They are a tinpot outfit and it has always irked me somewhat that we have held them up as some kind of role models.

[/quote]

lets be honest in the eyes of a player the whole fan debate of ''which club is biggest'' really doesn''t matter, it essentially boils down to 3 main things,

• Money (how big a salary can i get?)
  • Location (has it got enough facilities and easy transport links?)
  • Ambition & Potential (will i have an oppurtunity to play in the premier league the next year if i drop down a division this year?)