Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Re-sign Joe Lewis

[quote user="Grando"]If he''s as good as people seem to think then he won''t be back and this can join the list of ones we let go like Dion, Zamora etc. It does seem an odd decision to sell him - why not loan him to posh for the rest of the season - he''d still be our player now... As I''ve never seen him play though I can''t really comment on whether it''s going to be a big mistake. It looks like it at the minute but I guess time will tell. (I''d also not get too carried away with the sell-on clause, I''d be amazed if it''s more than 20% of any profit - the club would definitely sell that to us as ''massive'')...[/quote]

He was sold to fund the loan players. Now we''re back to square one and have egg on our faces.

Great. i heart Roeder.

[quote user="Grando"]If he''s as good as people seem to think then he won''t be back and this can join the list of ones we let go like Dion, Zamora etc. It does seem an odd decision to sell him - why not loan him to posh for the rest of the season - he''d still be our player now... As I''ve never seen him play though I can''t really comment on whether it''s going to be a big mistake. It looks like it at the minute but I guess time will tell. (I''d also not get too carried away with the sell-on clause, I''d be amazed if it''s more than 20% of any profit - the club would definitely sell that to us as ''massive'')...[/quote]

Prepare to be ''amazed'' then Grando, as it is actually 30%.

On the other hand, we could sit and watch him play for England and feel very proud that He is a Norfolk Boy and learned his trade with us,come on folks he was only a bench warmer here at presant

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

Prepare to be ''amazed'' then Grando, as it is actually 30%.

[/quote]

And further more its on total sale price.....not just the profit as normal. Although im sure i read somewhere its actually 35%

First off, Hi there guys, Posh fan in peace.

Joe has been an absolute god send to us, helping us escape from league 2 and believe me without him we wouldn''t have done it. He is the best keeper to grace Peterborough since David Seaman was here and has already become a fans favorite alongside the likes of Mclean and Boyd. He will not be with us for long and the valuation of 4 million is not stupid at all. Joe could fetch that and has already been receiving intrest from bigger clubs in the Premiership. He will not be a Peterborough player past January 2009 IMO.

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]know one knows what joe has in his contract for all we know he could have a buy back clause of about 2million. then GR will be laughing. i doubt it ut u never know.[/quote]

Dear friend, you have to think here the deal was being done by Barry Fry, there is no way that he would, knowing how good Joe could be, put at buy back clause that low on him.

I know for a fact that you have clauses on money you recieve as we climb the leagues so us being promoted this term has got you x more amount of pounds.

Also there is a large sell on clause on his contract. rest asured the whole deal is worht around £1.5/2 million rather than the face value of about 400k

Hope this helps and good luck next season

tjpufc

Thank you very much for that info tjpufc and good luck to you guys next season too [Y]

If the info what you''ve been kind enough to impart is right, then it''s certainly an even better deal then I gave it credit for.

[quote user="tjpufc"]

First off, Hi there guys, Posh fan in peace.

Joe has been an absolute god send to us, helping us escape from league 2 and believe me without him we wouldn''t have done it. He is the best keeper to grace Peterborough since David Seaman was here and has already become a fans favorite alongside the likes of Mclean and Boyd. He will not be with us for long and the valuation of 4 million is not stupid at all. Joe could fetch that and has already been receiving intrest from bigger clubs in the Premiership. He will not be a Peterborough player past January 2009 IMO.

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]know one knows what joe has in his contract for all we know he could have a buy back clause of about 2million. then GR will be laughing. i doubt it ut u never know.[/quote]

Dear friend, you have to think here the deal was being done by Barry Fry, there is no way that he would, knowing how good Joe could be, put at buy back clause that low on him.

I know for a fact that you have clauses on money you recieve as we climb the leagues so us being promoted this term has got you x more amount of pounds.

Also there is a large sell on clause on his contract. rest asured the whole deal is worht around £1.5/2 million rather than the face value of about 400k

Hope this helps and good luck next season

tjpufc

[/quote]

thanks for the info. but i believe you are incorrect with this particular statement in bold,

• its 30% on the total next sale, e.g he goes for £10mill, we get £3mill in simple terms
  • There is NO clauses about further payments for international appearences or promotion from league 2
  • There IS however a fee in place if/when peterborough fc get promoted from league 1, I believe this is between 500-750k

Ridiculous suggestion!

Joes good but wasn''t ever good enough to play for our 1st team and if we''d of kept him he''d of still been without a 1st team performance!

I''ve seen him at youth and reserve games when many others harping on about him probably never saw him play. He had potential but believe me, he never looked that great!

Its great for him that hes made the England squad but thats only cause of injuries, others on holilday and a general lack of genuine English goalkeeping talent in our Country. In fact I''d say its a sad time for English football when a goalkeeper whos never played higher than the 4th Division gets picked for our national squad!

I hope he keeps on improving and Peterborough sell him for loads of dosh so we can get some more income from him!