Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Is Roeder going to sell........

Russell to Burnley?? I hope he doesn''t but we don''t have many players that are worth much. We know that he wants to bring in a few freebies but he is going to have to spend a bit too to get a quality forward in. This makes me think that he might sell him or Lee Croft if an offer came in for him.

Hope so , nobody we have in our squad at this time is good enough to challenge at the top of this division , all need replacing with maybe Marshall the exception .

No I think not.  Russell is an important part of the squad.  He is a decent, tough tackling hard working midfielder who we can ill afford to lose.  I would be a bit concerned if we did sell him.  Actually I am a bit concerned already, if we sold him I would be extremely concerened.

[quote user="2nd Wizard"]Unless he flogs Russell for 500k and nicks  James O''Connor right at the last minute for nothing[/quote]We could do with the 500k, I feel a new Bistro/Cafe, perhaps in a french theme needs adding to the City Stand.  The facilites there have been long over looked.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="2nd Wizard"]Unless he flogs Russell for 500k and nicks  James O''Connor right at the last minute for nothing
[/quote]

We could do with the 500k, I feel a new Bistro/Cafe, perhaps in a french theme needs adding to the City Stand.  The facilites there have been long over looked.
[/quote]

We got rid of Brellier, so no need for that...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

no he wont... i think he rates Rusty... i''ll be annoyed if he does sell him though!

jas :)

[/quote]

Same here jas, I''ve always been a big fan of Rusty''s, hopefully, GR is too.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

no he wont... i think he rates Rusty... i''ll be annoyed if he does sell him though!

jas :)

[/quote]

Same here jas, I''ve always been a big fan of Rusty''s, hopefully, GR is too.

[/quote]

Agreed! I think he rates him, don''t think he''ll be letting him go.

If he did, it would be inciting a massive revolt - fans are already getting p***ed of at the underachievements of the football team. Roeders tinkering, playing rubbish loan players and leaving established ones out (Russell getting dropped for Gibbs one prime example) and getting rid of Hucks when he still has at least 1 season left in him has made him drop in many fans estimations.

Lets be realistic - We only avoided relegation by 3 pts. We beat a woeful QPR in our last home game to secure our Championship status. Had we of lost this game then lost at Hillsborough we would of been relegated!

The squad was painfully thin last season. This was before the loan players went back, Hucks was released and all the deadwood was released which is the current state of the squad as we speak. - Roeder would be even more inept than I already think he is, if he let go Russell who was one of our best performers last season with no guarantee we''d get a suitable replacement. We''ve seen over the last 3 seasons much speculation on top targets of whom we''ve been unable to get next to none of them if we''re being honest!

The board look like they are trying to cut costs what with the staff cuts and Huckerbys departure probably being nothing about his football ability. Are they going to provide Roeder with enough money to build up the squad which needs at least 7-8 new players that decent and not just anyone?

The board have become complacent thinking the club will always get 24000+ for home games whatever the teams doing, however small the investment in the team and that we are too big a club too go down. Both are wrong cause I think another struggling season will see crowds drop and look no further than Leicester or Leeds for examples of big clubs in the 3rd tier who thought they would never be in their current position.

I fear failiure to improve squad and keep decent players would leave us as one of the favourites to go down!