Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Things are now starting to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Copy and paste! Roeder has been given the green light to go after Hoolahan and Gorkks!!!!![/quote]

Oh, that! I''ve already read that in the EDP this morning. If Roeder can pull it off, then that has the potential to be a superb double signing...

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]What''s it about mate, the link doesn''t work for me![/quote]

Duh..pesky technology

This should be a really interesting test of our ability to draw in players that are being chased by many other similar clubs. If weve made it public we want them it will be a shame to lose out.

sorry to be a party pooper but my mate i work next to has read the same thing only roeder''s name was replaced by alan pardew.. we might be in for him but so are everyone else...

Fingers crossed but i won''t hold my breath or bet my jacobs on them coming here...

Its a promising sign though.  And if we can go balls out and get these 2 it signals our intent for next season, and hopefully sends a promising message to anyone else thinking of signing.

Come on City, give us something to shout about for a change.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]What''s it about mate, the link doesn''t work for me![/quote]

Duh..pesky technology

[/quote]

For those of us who live in Suffolk, well, I guess it''s a price we all have to pay at one time or another [;)]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Can someone copy the link again please. It won''t highlight it on a macbook!!!![/quote]

Taken from Evening news

Norwich City boss Glenn Roeder has got the green light to launch a double transfer bid for Blackpool duo Wes Hoolahan and Kaspars Gorkss.

Seasiders'' chief Simon Grayson - himself heavily linked with the vacant managerial hot seat at former club Leicester City - is braced for interest in the key duo, who reportedly have release clauses in their Bloomfield Road contracts.

Latvian hardman Gorkss was recently touted with a potential £250,000 Carrow Road switch while Roeder is a confirmed admirer of Hoolahan. The 25-year-old is poised for his Republic of Ireland senior debut in tomorrow''s friendly against Colombia at Fulham''s Craven Cottage. Charlton boss Alan Pardew is ready to launch an official approach for the talented midfielder that could spark a Championship bidding war.

“We have to make sure we are prepared for one or two players going,” admitted Grayson. “You have to be aware that the players mentioned, and others who have attracted interest, could leave the club. We don''t want them to leave, but we have to make sure we have players who are available to replace them if they do.”

The versatile Gorkss can operate at full back and central defence - a key area for Roeder''s summer recruitment drive with former Republic international Gary Doherty stalling on a fresh contract offer.

Meanwhile, Clarets'' boss Owen Coyle yesterday confirmed he had upped his initial offer for City''s Scunthorpe striker target Martin Paterson. Roeder reportedly failed with a January transfer window move for the 14-goal former Stoke striker.

The relegated Iron rejected Burnley''s opening bid last week, reportedly £400,000, but Coyle is ready to up the ante with Turf Moor hitman Kyle Lafferty attracting interest from Scottish giants Celtic and Rangers.

“We have moved things on with different people,” Coyle told Burnley''s official site. “We did make an improved offer for Paterson and we''re awaiting Scunthorpe''s reply.”

Both good players that would improve our team. Will take some doing to get Hoolahoop here as there will be many a team after him. I think he will go to a club who offer him the most money I''m afraid.

Has now been given the green light? Why the delay, because now everyone is after them too. I can just see this as the Evening News trying to find some news for us, I am sure we had the "green light" a while ago.

I disagree. I don''t know the in''s and out''s of things but the way Roeder was talking a month ago we were going to have to wait until the end of may(the surprise he was on about) before he could officially go after anybody. Yes we have been linked to quite a few players before now, but NOW he has been given the "Green light" to actually go after them.

Half the Championship will be after Hoolahan , chances of him signing for Norwich (who on last seasons form are no better than Blackpool ) are slim to nil . He will be looking for a step up in his career a club with genuine promotion claims , that isnt us is it , Gorkss we may have a chance with .

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I''ll only believe  it when it happens..........talk is cheap!.[/quote]

And whinging is too easy.  Why don''t you join in the fun and games and start speculating who you would like, who you wouldn''t etc.  Its much more enjoyable than trying to up your post count with boring negative drivvle.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I''ll only believe  it when it happens..........talk is cheap!.[/quote]

Blimey Wiz, you''ve become a right grump this past couple of weeks, you need to take some happy pills [;)]

it doesnt actually say Roeder has been given the green light, or that we are linked with the players anywhere at all in that article!!!!

It just says Blackpool are preparing for offers for the players.. and doesnt mention us anywhere!

jas :)

[quote user="colneycanary"]

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED28%20May%202008%2010%3A37%3A25%3A027

[/quote]

Dont get excited. Its just ''paper speak'' for other teams are interested and their managers are prepared to let them go.

It doesnt say he has got the green light from the board, does it?? I think it would have a few more facts and substance if this ''green-light'' came from the board / accountants / whoever else you think is giving ''green-lights''

If we sign Hoolahan, i will eat my cat. Hes off to Charlton.

Jas: First line in the article - "Norwich City boss Glenn Roeder has got the green light to launch a double transfer bid for Blackpool duo Wes Hoolahan and Kaspars Gorkss."

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]Jas: First line in the article - "Norwich City boss Glenn Roeder has got the green light to launch a double transfer bid for Blackpool duo Wes Hoolahan and Kaspars Gorkss."[/quote]

wouldnt the green light be "chairman mumbles says ''Go get em!''" or something like that.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]Jas: First line in the article - "Norwich City boss Glenn Roeder has got the green light to launch a double transfer bid for Blackpool duo Wes Hoolahan and Kaspars Gorkss."[/quote]

wouldnt the green light be "chairman mumbles says ''Go get em!''" or something like that.

[/quote]

I''d prefer to think of Munby in some lollypop lady uniform with one of those big signs you swing around to green.

[quote]I''d prefer to think of Munby in some lollypop lady uniform with one of those big signs you swing around to green.[/quote]

Mello Yello would suggest that both sides of the lollypop would be red, I suspect...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]I''d prefer to think of Munby in some lollypop lady uniform with one of those big signs you swing around to green.[/quote]

Mello Yello would suggest that both sides of the lollypop would be red, I suspect...

[/quote]

Mello would get rid of the entire lollypop thing altogether. Much too cheery for him.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

No, Roger would have "Will work for ciggies" on one side, and "Anyone gotta light?" on the other.... 

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Mello would get rid of the entire lollypop thing altogether. Much too cheery for him.

[/quote]

Yup, I''ve got some serious hard work to attain your most excellent standard of hilarity.....Who''s your scriptwriter? Jimmy Krankie?