Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Lewis worth 4 million now!

Barry Fry thinks Lewis is now worth about 4 million now. How he comes to that figure i don''t know, but i hope they sell him because i think we get 25% of any sell on!

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED29%20May%202008%2010%3A20%3A08%3A487

I wonder what sell on clause we have

Perhaps 15 % on profit.

So a 4M sale would make 3.6M and 540k for us.

If you had read the joe lewis one already on here rather than starting a new thread you would see the claus is 30-35% of the total figure not profit. ie 4 million = 1.2 - 1.4 million to us

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]Well considering we could have had the whole 4 million its still makes us look stupid!!!!!!!![/quote]Nope - we''d have been lucky to get £400k and 30% sell on - which we did, because we''d still not have played and wouldn''t play him.This is just Barry Fry talking up his players. Good on him! If Peterborough does sell him for a good amount, then it''s been a superb piece of business for both City and Borough. Turning a nobody into a massive asset for the club, without ever having played him. Nice work Glenn and Barry - hope it happens!

No Lewis add-on fee

POSH: Chairman Darragh MacAnthony has confirmed that the club record transfer of goalkeeper Joe Lewis from Norwich City did not include add-on fees for senior international call-ups or promotion from League Two.

Lewis, who cost Posh £400,000, trained with the senior England squad ahead of tonight''s international with the USA, but is not expected to feature.

MacAnthony said: "We have to pay Norwich extra when we go up from League One, but it is money well spent."

Why is everyone saying if he stayed here he would have rotted or whatever. Or he wouldn''t be worth what he is now.

What if he went on LOAN.

[quote user="colneycanary"]He would of never played and still be behind

Marshall, so no one can say what he would be worth now![/quote]

But if we''d have loaned him out instead of selling him, he might still

have put in the same level of performances and gotten the same

recognition from Capello, but we''d still be holding his signature, and

we''d be asking a damn sight more than 400k for him! I still think

Marshy''s an excellent keeper, and I''m generally right behind Roeder,

but that decision will haunt Glenn for a long time.

Goalkeepers tend to mature a little later than outfield players, and

play for longer, so considering he would have been on low wages and he

really wanted to stay at the club, it''s still a sickener.

[quote user="Dog"]

Lewis, who cost Posh £400,000, trained with the senior England squad ahead of tonight''s international with the USA, but is not expected to feature.

MacAnthony said: "We have to pay Norwich extra when we go up from League One, but it is money well spent."

[/quote]

That’s an add-on fee. A sell on fee is completely different.

If he had not been sold and instead played behind Marshall and maybe Gilks then the chances of him being recognised and sold for 4 million would not be that great. It is different now that he has helped a team gain promotion. The regret to me seems more than he was never given the chance to show how much he could be worth to us.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]If he had not been sold and instead played behind Marshall and maybe Gilks then the chances of him being recognised and sold for 4 million would not be that great. It is different now that he has helped a team gain promotion. The regret to me seems more than he was never given the chance to show how much he could be worth to us.[/quote]That''s why we should have let him out on loan again. I don''t think anyone thinks that staying at Norwich as our number 3 would have done him any good at all.

why don''t we buy him back ? Marshall looks a bit out of position at times

[quote user="5-4-1"]why don''t we buy him back ? Marshall looks a bit out of position at times[/quote]''Roeder'' and ''U-turn'' don''t really sit very well together, do they...? ;)

This is just Barry Fry talking up his players again,remember when he told us Drury was the best left back outside of the Premiership.His best prediction had to be when he took over at Birmingham and promised that he would get them out of the old Second Division....he did .....they were relegated.

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="WrightyBoy"]Well considering we could have had the whole 4 million its still makes us look stupid!!!!!!!![/quote]

Nope - we''d have been lucky to get £400k and 30% sell on - which we did, because we''d still not have played and wouldn''t play him.

This is just Barry Fry talking up his players. Good on him!

If Peterborough does sell him for a good amount, then it''s been a superb piece of business for both City and Borough. Turning a nobody into a massive asset for the club, without ever having played him. Nice work Glenn and Barry - hope it happens!
[/quote]

Now that IS spin. You must work for the club?

Its a terible bit of business and Glen looks a mug. He didnt even see the lad play! You couldnt make it up...

Where he gets £4 million from is beyond me.   Greeno only went for 2 and he was far more experienced and already capped!!

Sheer fantasy from Mr Fry.

[quote user="archer4721"]

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="WrightyBoy"]Well considering we could have had the whole 4 million its still makes us look stupid!!!!!!!![/quote]

Nope - we''d have been lucky to get £400k and 30% sell on - which we did, because we''d still not have played and wouldn''t play him.

If Peterborough does sell him for a good amount, then it''s been a superb piece of business for both City and Borough. Turning a nobody into a massive asset for the club, without ever having played him. Nice work Glenn and Barry - hope it happens!
[/quote]

Its a terible bit of business and Glen looks a mug. He didnt even see the lad play! You couldnt make it up...

[/quote]

Now THAT is spin. Just of the negative variety.

"You couldnt make it up..." You just did! You have no clue whether Roeder saw him play. What is a fact is that Fry already admitted Roeder didn''t want to sell, and Fry was forced to break the bank to a record amount for what was a silly offer for what is *still* an unproven player.

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now THAT is spin. Just of the negative variety.

"You couldnt make it up..." You just did! You have no clue whether Roeder saw him play. What is a fact is that Fry already admitted Roeder didn''t want to sell, and Fry was forced to break the bank to a record amount for what was a silly offer for what is *still* an unproven player.

[/quote]

I think i''d back Cappellos opinion more that Rodents (or Frys for that matter). Fry must be p*ssing himself.

You don''t sell future England Goalkeepers for £400K unless you really, REALLY need to.