Sign in to follow this  
RobertMack

Which sources are most reliable?

With the rumour mill in constant motion at present I was hoping people could help decide on the most reliable sites/papers/etc.. This is in terms of accuracy of rumours for NCFC. It would be good to be able to come up with a gneral opinion of who are the most reliable sources for us all to trust - and equally who are the worst.

[quote user="Chunky"]

Worst - This message board

Best - The Club

[/quote]

I''d like to hope that the club website doesn''t discuss rumours and is more likely to give facts.

Ok, ok, ok. I get what your saying. What I''m saying is that rumours will persist no matter our desire for them to do so. In addition our human frailties will not allow us to simply ignore or disregard them all, particularly if we like them. As such it would be good to kn0ow which sources are better than others.

The official site is the most reliable without a doubt! But its interesting to read the newspapers stories to see who we have shown interest in. This of course does not mean we are going to sign them!

I don''t believe the post on wes hoolahan having a medical on monday. Its not been reported anywhere that we have actually put a bid in, and until there is a report about it i will not believe posts like this. I think someone is just speculating or wishful thinking!

[quote user="RobertMack"]Ok, ok, ok. I get what your saying. What I''m saying is that rumours will persist no matter our desire for them to do so. In addition our human frailties will not allow us to simply ignore or disregard them all, particularly if we like them. As such it would be good to kn0ow which sources are better than others.[/quote]

Newspapers are usually quite reliable, pending you read a decent paper and not the current bun. Think most of the rumours that surafce on here are from kids with nothing better to do to be honest. I dont take any of them seriously becasuse I dont know if the source is reliable. Just becasue someone I dont know tells me it is doesnt mean it is true. I always spend a couple of mins in the morning on the gossip column on bbc text. They usually break anything with any substance behind it. Prob is Norwich never get a mention which makes sense because we dont appear to be signing any players!

The club message board is ridiculous.  The term ''Doomcaster'' was banned as it was deemed upsetting.  Most sources go something along the lines of: My friend works as a Pizza delivery boy and on his rounds he gets

chatting with a few punters. One of the punters he discovers works as

the cake delivery man for a local land lord at a very well respected

pub. The land lords brother goes to the local gym and is very friendly

with this lady, who''s personal trainer is having lessons to learn the

piano. At piano class she got talking with a guy who works as a bank

clark, the bank clark is close personal friends with Glens financial

advisors step brother. And he said Bell is a done deal and it will be

announced wednesday of next week.So basically I think most ''reliable sources'' are the work of an over-imaginative brain. I also like the way many people have an ''insider'' at Archant, who seems able to dish out information willy nilly.  All good fun in any case.  :)

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]Don''t trust anyone on this forum who registered in 2003 and yet has only about 10 posts in all that time.[/quote]

Why''s that then?

[quote user="The 4th Official"]

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]Don''t trust anyone on this forum who registered in 2003 and yet has only about 10 posts in all that time.[/quote]

Why''s that then?

[/quote]

Were the other 9 as interesting as this ?

I find Morrisons BBQ Sauce to be quite reliable, and cheap-ish too.  HP is less so, it''s great with a breakfast, but would you want it on a burger ?

Failinfg that though, there''s always Tommy K.

[quote user="YellowRages"]HP? Too fruity I''m a Daddies man myself (that looks bad doesn''t it)[/quote]

ooooooooo yellow rages how saucy [:D]

Archant are generally the last to know but if it gets to the EN/EDP there is usually some substance to it.

As someone who had a "reliable" source a couple of years ago it was always interesting to see on here which posts were accurate and which were not. I would never put anything on here or any other messageboards that my source had told me as any info passed on was always in confidence but invariably someone on here would put up the same story from a different source and often they would be laughed at. I have to say though that every signing we have made in the last few years has always been on here or WOTB well in advance of it happening.

I do have a decent source now but its not NCFC specific more just a mate who through his work talks to agents on a regular basis so tends to be ITK.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Archant are generally the last to know but if it gets to the EN/EDP there is usually some substance to it.

As someone who had a "reliable" source a couple of years ago it was always interesting to see on here which posts were accurate and which were not. I would never put anything on here or any other messageboards that my source had told me as any info passed on was always in confidence but invariably someone on here would put up the same story from a different source and often they would be laughed at. I have to say though that every signing we have made in the last few years has always been on here or WOTB well in advance of it happening.

I do have a decent source now but its not NCFC specific more just a mate who through his work talks to agents on a regular basis so tends to be ITK.

[/quote]

you should post them why not??