Sign in to follow this  
YoungCanary

Sibieski

Obviously a bit of a long shot, it could be happenI think he could be good for us, a good addition to the squad, what do you all think?

[quote]Way to old , would rather not have him .[/quote]

Was Dublin too old last year? Of course he wasn''t. If you''re good enough, you''re young enough. Sibierski is a top class player, with bags to offer us. Snap him up if you can Glenn.

A class player who would be a great short term player, if he can stay fit. His wages would be a stunbling block though imo

Of course Dublin was to old , hardly bagged a hatful did he , we would have been much better off with a younger hungrier striker.And if after letting Huckerby go because he is aging and a high earner we get in an even older high earner i will be disgusted .Roeder said he wants to build for the future 34 year old players are not the future they are the past.

If he gets goals he''s not too old. Look what Hull did with Barmby and Windass.

Build for the future, sure, but you need to blend youth with experience.

IMO age is largely irrelevant, either to us buying a player or selling one.  If Kevin Phillips became available, for example, I''d go and pick him up myself if it would help to sign him, and he is older than either Hucks or Sibierski.

Sibierski could do a decent job for us and would be a decent ''get''; for anyone to link this in with Hucks is plain daft - one had just come off the back of a pretty poor season and was becoming injury prone with a chronic hip injury (hardly surprising given the battering he''s had in his career) whilst the other has spent most of the last few years in the Prem, has almost always played in the top flight and is not the same type of player in any way shape or form.

Sibierski spent most of last season on his backside Huckerby was injured , it seems with some its one rule for one and another for others ,Some people on here would saction giving Dublin a 10 year contract if they thought it was what the powers to be wanted.

I can''t see how we are actually linked to this guy. Sounds like classic Archant rumor mongering to me. Roeder mentioned, some time ago now, how he bought Sibierski for Newcastle and he thinks he is a good player. Sibierski mentions how he isn''t getting as much football as he would like and BANG!! "City linked with Sibierski", despite neither party mentioning each other in the last couple of days/weeks. Roeder also mentioned Martins in his column and Newcastle are thinking of selling him apparently, the Pink''Un will be coming out with "City linked with Martins" soon.And to add to that, when the Pink''Un says we are linked to Sibierski, it is by another Archant paper the Evening News, hardly a large variety of sources is it?

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]never rated him. always thought he was over-rated. would rather have huckerby..[/quote]

what so you would say no?? huckerbys gone get over it

So 80% of Norwich fans would choose Huckerby... however, Huckerby is not an option. So I guess 80% of Norwich fans would rather have nobody than an experienced lower Prem striker?

Did NO-ONE look him up on Youtube? [:P]

Now you lovely old posters , Sibieski was one player I always rated , he can play in midfield or up front , he would be more than enough for us , believe me he would do more than a good job for us .[Y] arrdee.

Never gonna happen, but the man''s an absolute class act: [URL]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wI0p-PUZcSY[/URL]Excellent (like in that case) as an impact substitute at the very least IMO.

I''m going to talk like a Shearer would on MOTD.

Is he good enough for us? Yes

Would he come? Yes

Could we afford him? No. He will want a fair wage. but we need that mix of yooots and oldies and he would blend with his age.

Still can''t find any real link except he played under GR.

[quote user="Newcastle rejects Reunited"]Of course Dublin was to old , hardly bagged a hatful did he , we would have been much better off with a younger hungrier striker.And if after letting Huckerby go because he is aging and a high earner we get in an even older high earner i will be disgusted .Roeder said he wants to build for the future 34 year old players are not the future they are the past.[/quote]

Thanks for your opinion - you are of course wrong - u prat - there is always a place for experienced players. Windass etc. Go back to supporting the Town.

I haven''t seen Sibieski enough to form a view about him.  But if we were going for the kind of players that are being talked of:  Rigters, Hoolahan, maybe Bertrand or Ched, we''d end up with a very young team.    They might need a wise old head.   Whether Sibieski could be that man, and why Hucks couldn''t be, are questions I can''t answer.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]I haven''t seen Sibieski enough to form a view about him.  But if we were going for the kind of players that are being talked of:  Rigters, Hoolahan, maybe Bertrand or Ched, we''d end up with a very young team.    They might need a wise old head.   Whether Sibieski could be that man, and why Hucks couldn''t be, are questions I can''t answer.[/quote]

Why couldn''t Hucks be the "wise old head"? You are joking aren''t you - he hardly set a good example with his constant arm outstretched pleading, diving, moaning etc etc and this must be the first time in his life that the word "wise" has been used to describe him! 

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]never rated him. always thought he was over-rated. would rather have huckerby..[/quote]

[/quote]

shuttup bunsen wat do you know. Never said I haven''t got over him leaving. saying I would have prefered him to sibierski, so for me it would be a waste as sibierski is likely to want a higher wage aswell.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"][quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[/quote]

shuttup bunsen wat do you know. Never said I haven''t got over him leaving. saying I would have prefered him to sibierski, so for me it would be a waste as sibierski is likely to want a higher wage aswell.

[/quote]

sssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. did u used to like dion. yes i know u did. sibierski would be the same sort of player. so be quiet and go and study for your exams little boy[:D]

[quote user="ipswichrscum"][quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

sssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. did u used to like dion. yes i know u did. sibierski would be the same sort of player. so be quiet and go and study for your exams little boy[:D]

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]never rated him. always thought he was over-rated. [/quote]

Would considering him over-rated not imply you had done some form of rating on which to base the opinion [8-|]

Sibieski would be one of the best players in this league. That is with out a doubt! He may not score you 20+ goals a season but when he does score, they are normally spectacular goals! Having him up front playing alongside Earnie or Beckford, with Hoolahan and Bell on each wing=promotion!

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]never rated him. always thought he was over-rated. [/quote]

Would considering him over-rated not imply you had done some form of rating on which to base the opinion [8-|]

[/quote]Excellent!