Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Ryan Bertrand

Not much has been spoken about Bertrand over a potential move. This is one I would pursue as a priority, as despite having Drury, I believe this guy to have bags of potential and will become a top international in the future.

I guess a lot may depend on who the Russian crook (awaiting libel lawsuit) appoints in charge - but is a move really out of the question? I think any offer upto 1mill would be acceptable, and considering the talent at Chelsea I think they might be interested also.

For me, defo one to pursue.

He is quality. You won''t see a player with better techincal ability than him in this league.

Hopefully Chelsea don''t realise how good he is.

[quote user="GJP"]

He is quality. You won''t see a player with better techincal ability than him in this league.

Hopefully Chelsea don''t realise how good he is.

[/quote]

haha! it''s a good job they probably dont have very good scouting system in place then isn''t it ;)

On a serious note though, he''s not yet good enough in my opinion to play top premier league football, nor do i think we will be able to buy him permantely this summer

• expect a 5-month loan with the option of buying in January for an agreed sum should anything materialise at all

How on earth can any take a poster seriously who''s ''monica'' is ''wewantworthyback''?

however I would go  with the loan/purchase theory

SIGN HIM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup I agree with WWWB we have to fight tooth and nail to try and get this boy back to this football club.  Even if we cant get him permanantly yet we have to at least get him back on loan.

He has everything in his locker, he''s cool on the ball, he has a great left foot, an eye for a pass and nine times out of ten players cant get past him.  You can see why he is at Chelsea but unfortunately for him he probably wont get in the team as they have Cole and Bridge, so I think a loan move for him is very realistic.

As much as I like Drury I would be happy to see Bertrand come in and take his place, thats how highly I rate him.

Sign him up.

i''d love plastic here for another season, the guy is the most technically gifted player we''ve had in a while and looks so comfortable on the ball, not only would he push Drury for the left back spot but he is also more than capable on the left of midfield

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

decent player! id have him back here in a flash!

jas :)

[/quote]

He''s a good little player I agree, and would not say no to him coming back, the chances of that happening in reality, who knows lol

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]Im going to sound incredibly thick and ignorant here but where does the monicker ''Plastic'' come from and why do we use it for Bertrand?[/quote]

i believe it refers to him being a chelsea player, hence chelsea being a plastic club that buy they''re way to the top

http://mog.com/music/Plastic_Bertrand        Thought it had something to do with that myself .

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]Im going to sound incredibly thick and ignorant here but where does the monicker ''Plastic'' come from and why do we use it for Bertrand?[/quote]

Plastic Bertrand is the seventh or possibly eigth most famous Belgian ever.

A band called Elton Mortello recorded a song called "Jet Boy Jet Girl" in 1977 but the song was recorded too risque for the times so a month later the music was re-recorded and it was released with new lyrics "Ca plane pour moi" by Plastic Bertrand (the Belgian Johnny Rotten).

Most famously covered by "The Damned", (no surprise because Brian James was also in Elton Mortello), the original song "Jet Boy Jet Girl" still causes problems for broadcasters but a cleaned up Damned version was once used in a Pepsi advert.

Here endeth the lesson.