Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Paterson on his way to Burnley?

[quote user="colneycanary"]Another one bites the dust it seems after Paterson''s agent has said that Paterson "is open to Burnley move".[/quote]

If we can''t compete with Burnley then we are in a desperate state!!

Link to story:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/05/30/manual_125351.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1

who said we''re competing with them?

he''s overrated anyway i think roeder can bring in much better players than Martin Paterson, did he do anything amazing when he came to carrow road?

cliff x

Roeders probably running around after Ameobi with his tongue hanging out .

At the time he was on good form, we were in desperate need of a striker and ched had gone back to man c at the time,

now however we can get much better players than paterson for the money they are willing to sell him for anyway

cliff x

[quote user="colneycanary"]Another one bites the dust it seems after Paterson''s agent has said that Paterson "is open to Burnley move".[/quote]Errmm.... non-story surely? I imagine he''s "open" to a move to any club that will be in a division higher than Scunthorpe and who will pay more. Just his agent doing his job and making sure that anyone else who might be interested makes an offer soon.

Would rather have a young player on the up like Paterson than an old relic on the way down .

Sibierski would be excellent in our league he''s a hell of a lot younger than dion, and dion was our player of the season. Somebody needs to step into the boots of dion and yes ideally i would rather someone other than sibierski but he is a proven goalscorer and would be superb at championship level

cliff x

I thought Patterson looked Scunthorpe’s most dangerous player when we played there just before Christmas. 

Of course there could  be other reasons why he may be joining Burnley. Perhaps he does not want to leave the area where he is living being one of them.

Damn when I first saw the thread I thought it was about Matty Patterson. I was quite happy about that.

Dion was player of the season because of a sentimental retirement vote .

Well he didnt play rubbish all season did he?

Sibierski will add some much needed quality, hes only just older than darren huckerby yet everyone seems to think hes good enough for our team (which he is) and so will sibierski

cliff x

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Damn when I first saw the thread I thought it was about Matty Patterson. I was quite happy about that.
[/quote]have you noticed the way he is slowly metamorphisizing into john hartson,like a bizare billy the fish style parody of "billys boots", Hartsons Shorts" perhaps

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Clifford"]

i think roeder can bring in much better players than Martin Paterson,

[/quote]

Please name those strikers.

[/quote]

evans

sibierski

eastwood

ameobi

rigters